• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Rice Cooker Durability an Issue?

In summary, there is a discussion about a rice cooker and whether or not it is common for pieces to fall apart when taken out of the microwave. The conversation includes mentions of a clear steamer lid, a clear inner ring, and a white insert inside the lid. It is clarified that the white insert is not meant to fit tightly and it is designed to help control boil-overs. The person inquiring will check with their aunt to see if this is the issue with her rice cooker.
ahammons
I don't have one yet so I have no clue... but is it common for pieces of the rice cooker to fall apart when you take it out of the microwave?? My aunt has had hers for a couple of months, and she said it does this every time she uses it.

What pieces fall apart? There is a clear steamer lid that is a separate piece, but other than that it should not fall apart.

She said something about taking the lid off and pieces inside fall down (or out) - something like that. I think she did mention a clear piece. Sorry, I'm not sure exactly what she meant! After reading the product info on CC, I'm wondering if the clear inner ring is broken - but I have no idea. I'm going to her house tomorrow to drop off her host packet, so I will ask to take a look at it.

When you first get the RCP, the white insert inside the lid is in there pretty tight. When used though, it loosens and will come out when the Lid is removed. It's not broken. They are actually two pieces. The white piece helps control boil-overs. She can just pop it back into place for the next use.

Thanks Colleen, this sounds like what she's talking about. I will let her know.

finley1991 said:
When you first get the RCP, the white insert inside the lid is in there pretty tight. When used though, it loosens and will come out when the Lid is removed. It's not broken. They are actually two pieces. The white piece helps control boil-overs. She can just pop it back into place for the next use.
That clear (white) insert piece is not meant to fit tightly. Your mom's is working how it is supposed to (I called HO about it with mine because it didn't stay in the lid and that was the response from them).

1. Is the rice cooker durable enough to withstand frequent use?

Yes, our rice cookers are designed with high-quality materials and are built to last. With proper care and maintenance, you can expect your rice cooker to last for many years.

2. Will the rice cooker break easily if it accidentally falls or gets dropped?

While we cannot guarantee that the rice cooker will not break if it falls or gets dropped, our products are made with durable materials and are designed to withstand minor accidents. However, we recommend handling the rice cooker with care to prevent any potential damage.

3. Can the rice cooker handle different types of rice, such as brown or wild rice?

Yes, our rice cookers are designed to cook a variety of rice types, including brown and wild rice. Each rice cooker comes with a manual that includes instructions on how to cook different types of rice.

4. How long can I expect the rice cooker to last before needing to be replaced?

The lifespan of a rice cooker can vary depending on usage and maintenance. However, with proper care, our rice cookers can last for several years before needing to be replaced.

5. Is the rice cooker covered by a warranty?

Yes, all of our rice cookers come with a limited warranty that covers any manufacturing defects. Please refer to the product manual for more information on our warranty policy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefsteph07
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • wadesgirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • PChefPEI