• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Is Pampered Chef's new lead system hurting our customer service?

In summary, they are leaving the free products as of April 1st but there will still be an option for 5 people within a 25 mile radius for the customer to choose from. There is still the option for a raise and lead system if you achieve $1250 in sales each month.
anyone on the call? thoughts?

I was only on the call for about 10 minutes (after the late start). Didn't hear anything I didn't expect -- but don't know what they talked about besides the initial subject.

Anything interesting happen after I hung up?

HO leads for everyone who does 1250 a month

my meeting starts now, but i got an email from my ad saying the new web is coming to us may 3rd and may 14th for team leaders/sr consultants following week. so i'm guessing this is one of the reasons..for the meeting

pcjenni said:
HO leads for everyone who does 1250 a month

Wow...

I think I am speeechless...

chefruthie said:
Wow...

I think I am speeechless...

yep!! I am with you.. speechless!

I couldn't make the call. Probably a good thing or I would still be laying on the floor!
So do they still require 1 recruit every 3 months?

nope, no recruit requirement at all. 1250 a month to stay in the lead system. there will be an option of 5 people within a 25 mile radius for the customer to choose from

pcjenni said:
nope, no recruit requirement at all. 1250 a month to stay in the lead system. there will be an option of 5 people within a 25 mile radius for the customer to choose from

That makes me very sad.

wow - interesting....better get my $1250 in this month -- ;-)

That blows. I just worked SOOOO hard to get back into the lead system. And of course, for the first time ever, I'm not a director any more as of April 1st. So even though I was in the focus group for all this new web stuff, I don't even get to use it until the middle of the month. Ick.BUMMER. I was so hoping this rumor wasn't true. Ugggg. Hmmmm. Not too motivated to regain my director status. Why bother?

pamperedbecky said:
That blows. I just worked SOOOO hard to get back into the lead system.

And of course, for the first time ever, I'm not a director any more as of April 1st. So even though I was in the focus group for all this new web stuff, I don't even get to use it until the middle of the month. Ick.

BUMMER. I was so hoping this rumor wasn't true. Ugggg. Hmmmm. Not too motivated to regain my director status. Why bother?

There's still the free products! They're leaving us that...for now.

Chef Kearns said:

That's good to hear. Although I'm not even a director right now - ha! Let's see if I can get that back before then. I DO like the free products!:clap:

Chef Kearns said:

And the additional pay (overrides and Bonuses)...

bethcooks4u said:
And the additional pay (overrides and Bonuses)...

Yes, but, if they took that away what truly would be the point? All of that, for the most part, goes back to my team anyway. I'm trying VERY hard not to be Debbie Downer. It is nice to have the title. Other DS people recognize the title of Director as an accomplishment and certain status. There's that???!

Kinda sucks on the 25 mile radius. Most of my customers are 30 to 40 miles from me. I live in a small town. This will probably drop the number of leads we get, BUT it will help 1 or 2 on my team that achieve the $1250 monthly. When I announced it to my team members this evening - they were really exited. I have to admit, this is one thing I pushed with my Senior Consultants - the benefits of being a team leader a raise AND the lead system. But now, this will help them get to be a Team Leader - if they know how to handle the leads... Ah-ha moment: I need to be training them on how to work with leads from home office :)

I am excited for my team. I remember when I was struggling to promote to Director (old program) and wishing that they would open the Lead System to Future Directors (aka Team Leaders). This will be a great boost for those go-getters on our teams!

Im not excited about it as I predict it will negatively affect me *but* nothing I can do a about it so I'm not going to dwell on it. I don't mind the 1250 part at all but the ppl getting to choose their consultant doesn't sit well. Again, I can gripe all I want but it is what it is, so just gotta find the silver lining - it mayhelp motivate some others to get to $1250 in sales. I'd be happy with $150 in sales from them but a girl can dream with $1250! :) hehe

These changes are huge and some things had to adjust to work with the new system. It's important for us to stay positive and let it all shake out. Let's find the good in the changes. We have too much to learn and to help our team learn in a short time (and our personal businesses to run) to spend energy on what we perceive as losing. Good thing: we don't have to worry about getting that recruit to get leads (of course we WANT to have several every month but when we are in a dry spell...)Another good thing: our team members who are selling $700 or more in a month will be inspired to do more to be eligible for leads which gives them more people to be in front of and more possible recruits which helps us as their directors make more money, our team grows and we promote...

Eligible for leads they may never get - the customer still has to 'choose' them. ANd for those selling $700, what are you going to say, "double your sales and you too get to play the lead-system lottery?" I'd rather work on "Submit two shows and you're guaranteed to earn XYZ promotion for the month" vs "come on down, its your chance at the price is right! If you're LUCKY your name will be at the TOP of the 'ballot' and they will choose your name *or* perhaps you have a 'nicer name' that will attract someone to want to 'vote' to do business with you."

Sorry Pollyanna, I can't buy into the glass half full on this one. It is what it is so I won't dwell on it but let's be realistic here...to seriously think that everyone's teams are going to be drooling to get into the 'lottery system', I think is wishful thinking at best. Better odds of playing the state/national lotto than banking on being within the right mileage and then that they pick your name....

I'm not against change so I'll go with it and personally won't lose sleep over it b/c its business I didn't have to start with (its icing on the cake) but i have completely removed any expectations from my mind otherwise, it just leads to frustration and disappointment. Now when you "hit" the lead lotto, it will be exciting b/c you beat the odds....sales over $1250, you were within the right mileage AND someone liked your name or other features (such as gender or your placement on the "ballot" of 5 contenders) to choose your number.

And yes - its quite common for those not able tomake educated voting decisions to still make a decision based on outside factors such as "nice ring/sound to a name", where they reside, what predetermined notions they already have etc. I even did it for attorney general yesterday. Didn't know jack about either one of the candidates - so rather than not voting, I picked "Kathleen Kane" because A) she was female vs male other candidate, B) her name was first on the ballot and c) her name had a nice 'ring' to it. It was not a responsible vote but I didn't care either way who got the nomination - just like most hosts won't care either. So...

Who thinks they have a nice name??? LOL

What happens with those random orders with the people that purchase on PC website, especially those that don't leave their info? Who will they go to? Will they now need to pick a consultant to purchase from? Will all consultants in the lead pool get these at random? Personally I have not had much luck with the leads but during the holidays, those daily random orders were amazing! I'd hate to lose (or rather, share) that benefit of lead eligibility.

Malinda Klein said:
Kinda sucks on the 25 mile radius. Most of my customers are 30 to 40 miles from me. I live in a small town.

This will probably drop the number of leads we get, BUT it will help 1 or 2 on my team that achieve the $1250 monthly. When I announced it to my team members this evening - they were really exited.

I have to admit, this is one thing I pushed with my Senior Consultants - the benefits of being a team leader a raise AND the lead system. But now, this will help them get to be a Team Leader - if they know how to handle the leads... Ah-ha moment: I need to be training them on how to work with leads from home office :)

They said that 25 mile radius is standard when available. That will expand when not (like rural areas), so looks like you are probably going to have a wider radius for yourself.

Other than random orders, most of the leads I get are dead-end so I'm kinda happy to share that - maybe it will decrease the crap and actually bring a valid lead since the person will be picking from a list :pray:

Ruth Fifield said:
What happens with those random orders with the people that purchase on PC website, especially those that don't leave their info? Who will they go to? Will they now need to pick a consultant to purchase from? Will all consultants in the lead pool get these at random? Personally I have not had much luck with the leads but during the holidays, those daily random orders were amazing! I'd hate to lose (or rather, share) that benefit of lead eligibility.

The customer will not choose from a list on random orders, the PC system will assign it.

I was kinda down about this announcement at first, but if it means that the consultants on my team will work harder to get to the $1250 so they can get the leads then I'm all for it! Evidently what's out there right now isn't enticing them to do it....maybe this will. I'd rather have my team working more so that my overrides are higher than most of the leads I get anyhow.

Linda said it! If this is what motivates them I am all about trying. I was a home office lead so the best benefit of promoting to director for me was the leads. I was very upset when TL's started getting it but I really don't think my leads have changed much if at all since then. When this was a rumor I was upset but now I actually like it. And when I am in a recruiting slump I won't lose my shot at the leads.We can embrace this or we can complain about it (yes, vent away here - its good for your health to have a place to let it out) but if we feed the negative side it will be poison and affect your entire business - then eventually the question will be "why am I still doing this?"

I am more upset that people who are not qualified to "close the sales" will get leads. Now I have to tell my team that if they get a lead they have to call me so I can close it for them because some of them are not able to. How can someone who has never recruited someone all of a sudden do it? They are not recruiting from their shows as it is!

I could not make the call. Did they say there would be a person's title next to the name?

Here are my ramblings as I am interupted by work!!:D

Very aware we cannot change it and when I am in a dry spell for recruiting, it will be nice that I still will be in the system when I submit $1250. On the other hand, I am working hard on recruiting one of my hosts and I think that the lead system will bring me some fresh hosts to replace this one. Guess not. I have been able to spread my business in a different area once the area I am in grew, but now that may not happen.

Time will tell with this one but it further errodes the esteem that Directorship once held. I also feel that those Consultants with little or no experience in recruiting will blow leads...but that is more work a "Dirctor can do for you."

When I first started (in my 13th year) there was a further push on achieving $1250 in sales per month so on the positive side, I am hoping this willl help some do more but it will further spread the recruiting system.

pcjenni said:
I am more upset that people who are not qualified to "close the sales" will get leads. Now I have to tell my team that if they get a lead they have to call me so I can close it for them because some of them are not able to. How can someone who has never recruited someone all of a sudden do it? They are not recruiting from their shows as it is!

So more work for you. Your post came up as I was writing and this is exactly my point.

My point exactly Ann... your Director will help you... no, more like your Director will do it for you and then train the person, coddle them, get them to 1250 in their first 30 or 90 days and get 3% of 1250 (37.50) as a paycheck for it. So we do the grand openings for the new consultants, get them to 1250 so they get leads and we work those leads to...getting to be that I dont really even want a team when I am working 90+ people's business plus my own.

pcjenni said:

I completely understand where you are coming from Jenni... here's my thought on it... (trying to make lemonade)...

First, we know that some HO leads are duds. Replacement parts, returns, etc. Not every one that comes across is a recruit lead.

Second, I panicked a bit when I heard this and immediately pulled up my performance tracker and took a good look. Of the 22 on my team, there has been ONE that has submitted $1,250 every month since the beginning of the year. There are 5 others that have it it once or twice. So they get the leads for a month.

The ones on my team who are not qualified to talk to leads (meaning, they aren't recruiting at shows, etc) are not even close to hitting the $1250, let alone doing it consistently so they won't get the leads anyway.

I've put word out to them that this is super exciting and if they get a lead, call me first and I'll talk them through it so they know how to handle them.

I'm looking at it as a reward for consistency and honestly, if I have 2-3-4 putting in $1250 a month to get the leads, I'd be THRILLED! If that's what it takes for them to work their biz at a higher level, I'm for it.

With that, as most of you know, I'm a HUGE fan of customer care. My customers know who their consultant is. They rarely meet another PC rep and forget my name. So from what I understand, and I might be way off, when someone goes to PC.com and puts in their info, they will see the 5 closest reps. The Customer gets to choose who she wants. So hopefully she will see a familiar name and choose that consultant.

I agree with someone who's never recruited trying to close the sale.. that's a tough one. We should be working with our consultants to help them recruit anyway if they haven't so I don't see that as a big change.

Just trying to make some lemonade here.... :blushing: Pass the vodka.

Good points...can do a cruise rum drink instead? LOL! It probably will be yet another hipcup but when the lead system is low to begin with, it just makes the chances of actually getting a good lead, that much lower.

so guess the moving forward is pump up your team to 1250 in sales and don't count on leads for your own business.

I think the idea of anyone on my team actually getting $1250 a month is hysterical....what concerns me is the ones that do that because they qualified--probably because I did their grand opening show for them--and then they get the lead, and it's for a recruit---and they hand it off to me--I close the deal and they get the 2K points----hmm...what's wrong with this picture? One more thing they have taken away from us as directors, I am crossing my fingers (but not too seriously) that maybe--just maybe--they will announce something for us at leadership that they are giving us? Right now it's not much incentive for me to work my hiney off every month to maintain directorship for vanishing perks....

But it is what it is....I actually had a conversation about this exact subject three months ago with someone fairly high up in HO and told them that as a director I honestly felt that we were being kicked to the curb. Exact wording. Response from this person? "oh....". That's it. "oh...".

I'm excited for the two solid performers I have on my team who consistently hit $1250 every month - too bad they're in the same line because I can't seem to get 6 active most months. I also have two brand new consultants who will hit $1250 this month and hopefully in the future. One has qualified in 30 days and I'd imagine the other one will too so I'm SO excited for them! I have no problem with rewarding those who work their business hard, so I'm excited for those. Nobody else on my team comes close. Hence the reason I'm not a Director any longer.

But I can't help but think that more and more is being taken away from Directors. I'm already not feeling it lately and I'm going to complain and say that it's not making me want to get hyped up to get back to Director. I'm full of complaints today and have a bad attitude about many things, so obsessing about this stuff doesn't help!! I'm back to thinking PC may have to go because of the other things going on in my life and this type of thing doesn't give me any "pros" to put in my pro/con columns!! It's a big "con!"

I am listening to the Upper Level call and I will have to listen to it again :bugeye:and again to help my team transistion:eek:
I look forward to it just need to absorb and understand it better!:chef:

Did they say how long we'll be able to use P3? I'll let everyone else work out the bugs and then when push comes to shove, I'll finally submit shows on the new web.

Becca_in_MD said:
Did they say how long we'll be able to use P3? I'll let everyone else work out the bugs and then when push comes to shove, I'll finally submit shows on the new web.

June 30th is the last day anything can be submitting using P3. That is for everyone. HTH!

Will we still be able to access p3 for info or will it all convert over to the web? I may print a big list of all contacts right before then just incase something goes down on the web, I will have a hard copy of everything in hand. DOnt know if that sounds crazy or not?

finley1991 said:
June 30th is the last day anything can be submitting using P3. That is for everyone. HTH!

Thanks Colleen. Guess June 30th is my drop-dead deadline. Time to buckle down and start paying attention to this stuff. I've been putting off the syncing of my CC and P3. It's going to take me hours. That is not as long a cross-over time as we had when going from PP to P3. Maybe if there are enough problems with the new web, they'll push back the cut-off. :veryfunny:

sassypip said:
Will we still be able to access p3 for info or will it all convert over to the web? I may print a big list of all contacts right before then just incase something goes down on the web, I will have a hard copy of everything in hand. DOnt know if that sounds crazy or not?

The shows that are on P3 will not be available on the new web. We should keep a copy of P3 on our computers to reference any issues our customers have.

Also, the first time a past host uses her PHD number on the new web it has to be keyed but after that it will be on her account.

Of the 70 in my downline, I see 4 who are either C or SC that will benefit from the new HO Lead requirement. All of my TL's & D's should maintain, but this will make it easier for them to maintain. And as for who gets the lead, it will be the photo of the consultant holding the sign that reads "$25 extra FREE for hosting with me!" LOL

Well, it was a little frustrating at first. However, I like that it will be random listing (because I have been selling 18 years I would have a lower cons # if it was listed that way, or would be at the bottom of the alphabet if it was in order of last name)
not sure why we are offering 5 why not 3.
2 of my consistent sellers live within 15 miles of me. There are 8 of us in my Director's team that all live within 18 miles of each other....... I have stressed to my team to keep their website updated and that is what it will boil down to I'm afraid. The "classiest" photo, the jazzier the page... so now I have to practice what I preach my page is boring and outdated I used to update the 1st of every month but with 3 babies now in my daycare I can barely be on chefsucess and facebook (my adult interaction) :)

So what about the consultant who just has a random great month?

For example, I have a very inconsistent consultant on my team, who submits occasionally, but always makes sure to submit once every two months to maintain her eligibility. She's very moody, and if she's having a bad day/week/month - everyone knows about it. She's very vocal on her Facebook page about it, or if you talk to her in person. Much of the time she oozes negativity. So - last month, she happened to have a terrific show ($1300) - the best she's ever done for a show, and for monthly sales. Does that mean that she has the same eligibility for leads as me? That doesn't seem quite fair. So she gets a lead for someone looking for info on the business...that would be like Eyeore doing the recruiting. :bawl:

my exact point! I have several people on my team who sell and have NO interest in recruiting at all. Now, these ladies are smart enough to pass that along to me, but how many out there would not pass it up or along? How many don't return phone calls in a timely manner, don't check email?? Too many really and it makes me sad and very uncomfortable for the company. what image does that present... it present to flakey DS lady image!

Hopefully there will be an "opt out" option for the ones who are afraid to get the HO leads.

I hate change, but if it motivates my team to sell more that would be great. It will be an interesting experiment. Truthfully, I average about 1 lead a month as it is so I do not see my team really gaining too much here. There are a couple of people on my team who are really excited about the leads so we will see if they now will walk the walk. I recently received an online order. When I emailed her to thank her, she was very rude to me. She was frustrated that she had contacted HO to have someone local contact her about "purchasing products". Nobody ever contacted her and she thought it was ironical that someone did AFTER she made the purchase. She was almost accusing me of ignoring her. I wonder how many people ignore the "purchase products" because they think it will be a replacement part, or someone not wanting to pay shipping. I have heard some people say they only want the "host a party" or "information about the business" leads. In some ways I think we brought this change on ourselves. The system was not working and HO needs to find a way to make sure we have better customer service. Now the customer has the ability to go to another consultant if they do not get a response from the 1st one. It is true that they can pick another consultant if the 1st one does not give them free shipping too, but at least this is up to the customer.

1. How does the new lead system work for Pampered Chef?

The new lead system for Pampered Chef is designed to streamline the process of connecting with potential customers. It uses advanced technology to identify and target individuals who are most likely to be interested in our products, making it easier for our consultants to reach out and offer their services.

2. Is the new lead system negatively affecting our customer service?

No, the new lead system is actually intended to improve customer service. By targeting potential customers who are more likely to be interested in our products, our consultants are able to provide a more personalized and efficient experience for each customer.

3. How does the new lead system benefit both consultants and customers?

The new lead system benefits both parties by streamlining the process of connecting with potential customers. Consultants are able to target and reach out to individuals who are more likely to be interested in our products, while customers receive a more personalized and efficient experience.

4. Are there any concerns about the accuracy of the new lead system?

While the new lead system uses advanced technology to target potential customers, it is not perfect and may not always accurately identify individuals who would be interested in our products. However, our consultants are trained to handle any potential issues and provide excellent customer service to all customers.

5. How can we ensure that the new lead system does not negatively impact our customer service?

We understand the importance of providing excellent customer service and we are constantly monitoring the effectiveness of the new lead system. If any issues arise, our team is dedicated to addressing them promptly and finding solutions to ensure that our customers continue to receive the best possible service.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefsteph07
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Shae424
  • pamperedbecky
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
baychef
  • PCJenni