• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Navigating Frustrating Customer Service: A Personal Experience

In summary, the customer service has been very rough and inconsistent. The online adjustments do not seem to be working, and the customer has had to call and follow up. The customer is still waiting for a replacement microwave chip maker and the consultant news is coming late in the month.
WOW, I don't think customer service has been this rough in a long time. I have processed adjustments online and nothing has been done with them. I have had to call and follow up on the online adjustments... what's the point of doing them online in the first place... done venting!

It's probably all the temporary Christmas help. What I don't understand is why a show is sitting "received" since the 5th while others are shipped and delivered. No holds. I called and they said "I don't know. It's fine. It'll go out in the next couple of days." Urrrggg!

pcjenni said:
WOW, I don't think customer service has been this rough in a long time. I have processed adjustments online and nothing has been done with them. I have had to call and follow up on the online adjustments... what's the point of doing them online in the first place... done venting!

Double triple TURBO ditto. I received an email 2 days AFTER I followed up with the phone call that I made 3 days AFTER I submitted the adjustment online. Unfortunately I was a bit snippy in the email... and I am not usually that way...

The last 3 shows that have arrived have had multiple items missing. Very embarrassing!! Didn't think to check on the on-line adjustments, as i usually don't have to...guess I'll login and check on them.

I recently found out something very interesting; you probably already know this. When a show is picked, each box is weighed. PC has an algorithm in place that knows, based on the products in each box, what the box SHOULD weigh. If it's off by a certain margin, the box is rechecked. So while it's common for little items to be missing, if a host calls and tells you she's missing a DCB or a stone or something that weighs over a pound, she's either not telling the truth OR she's miss-packed something.

Hang in there ladies...this too will pass! We have a 98% accuracy rate most months and customer service is usually very good.

When I was at HO, we toured the packing center... AMAZING operation. And Yes Deb, you are right about the weighing of the boxes. It is all done electronically, very impressive.

Knew about the weighing and yes, most of the time if I hear about something it is b/c it's damaged. The last shipment was actually sent to my home and was missing 2 seasons'best, 1 full size cookbook and a master scraper. I know they are light in weight but had a client gotten that, 4 items missing--that's too much. Luckily it went to me and I took care of the seasons best missing and only had to tell them about the other 2 items.

It amazes me with the damage my boxes have, gaping holes and what not that the order is usually all there.

I've heard fed ex also logs in box weight at each hub so if products are missing they know they were missing during transit between hub a and hub b

I am waiting on a replacement Microwave Chip Maker for ME--part of my kit! I processed it all online and got an email to send back the broken one and then they'd send me a replacement. I sent a few emails back and forth reminding them this is a KIT item for me and I need the new one NOW, being told the policy is to wait for the returned item to arrive, asking when the policy changed, etc... I even got a call from a SUPERVISOR saying they would "make an exception" and send the replacement first. My original adjustment was done on November 15th. I HAVE YET TO RECEIVE MY REPLACEMENT AND I'VE ALREADY RETURNED THE DAMAGED ONE! IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!

GRR I have spent over an hour on hold with HO today. I have been transferred around to every department they have and not one of my complaints have been fixable.
1. As of November I am no longer getting my consultant news until very late in the month ( I have always gotten it in the first few days for the last 6 1/2 years) The answer is I can print it online if I want it for my meeting :( and there is nothing they can do.
2. I never got an email for my last consultant who qualified under the free GC and I would really like to get the GC in time for Christmas. They don't know what to tell me but they will look into it.
3. I am still not getting online activity emails. They are STILL working on that! Wow!
4. I bought a catalog tote in August for myself and it completely split down the side. Now my last one I used for years without any problems so it is definitely defective. They say it only has a 30 day guarantee and I just have to buy a new one, $15 is not in my budget right now and I don't think we should have to replace them every 3 months that is a little much. I am really annoyed about this, I have spent over $1500 in supply orders this year and you can't replace my catalog tote?!
Thanks for letting me vent now I feel a bit better! I have a lot of other things on my plate and this is just annoying.

Related to Navigating Frustrating Customer Service: A Personal Experience

1. What is customer service and why is it important?

Customer service refers to the support and assistance provided to customers before, during, and after a purchase or interaction with a company. It is important because it helps to build and maintain a positive relationship with customers, leading to customer satisfaction, loyalty, and potential referrals.

2. How can I improve my customer service skills?

To improve your customer service skills, you can start by actively listening to customers, being empathetic and understanding their needs, maintaining a positive attitude, and being knowledgeable about your products or services. You can also seek feedback from customers and continuously learn and adapt to their changing needs.

3. What are some common challenges in customer service?

Some common challenges in customer service include dealing with difficult or irate customers, managing large volumes of inquiries or complaints, and maintaining consistency in service quality. Other challenges may include language barriers, technical issues, and time constraints.

4. How can I handle a customer complaint effectively?

To handle a customer complaint effectively, it is important to remain calm and professional, actively listen to the customer's concerns, apologize for any inconvenience caused, and offer a solution or compensation if necessary. It is also important to follow up with the customer to ensure their satisfaction and address any underlying issues that may have caused the complaint.

5. What are some ways to provide excellent customer service?

Some ways to provide excellent customer service include being responsive and timely in addressing customer inquiries or concerns, maintaining a friendly and helpful attitude, personalizing the experience, and going above and beyond to meet customer needs. It is also important to continuously improve and innovate in your customer service approach to exceed customer expectations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• baychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
baychef
  • cincychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • finley1991