• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is It Too Late for My Fall Open House?

In summary, Lisa had an open house where she had around 200 guests and sold $762 in products. She is hoping for two more orders and is looking forward to
babywings76
Gold Member
I was thinking of doing my open house next Saturday. Do you think I have time to pull it off successfully? I can switch it to the last Sat. in Sept., but am thinking maybe that's too late.

I'm doing mine this Sunday...put it together pretty quickly, but I'm not going to panic much because most people just want the chance to see the products and that's my primary focus. :) I don't think the end of the month is too late...

heck no! it's not even officially fall yet!!!

i had my open house Aug 30th.. I think next year I'll have it later in September.. with school starting I think I choose a very busy time.. go for it, I think your timing is great!

Mine is scheduled for the 13th.......form 3-7. I already have about 10 RSVP's and I sent out the invite today! Oh nad I mentioned it in my newsletter.........

Mine is this Saturday from 1-4, I have about 20 that RSVP they are coming. I have over $500 in outside orders from people who couldn't make it and the rest were too rude to RSVP ( big big BIG pet peeve of mine)
I am happy with what I have and am looking forward to Saturday, hopefully all that said Yes will show ( another pet peeve, people who say yes, then don't show and don't call to tell you)
Good luck with yours!! Good luck everyone who is having one!! :)

What do you all think is the best day of the week for open houses? I don't want to do Saturday - because we are big college football fans, and I know a lot of people that we would invite are too. I don't generally like to do things on a Sunday - but do you think that would be a good day? Maybe late afternoon like from 3-5 or something? What about a Monday? I've had these in the past - but I always feel like I could have done it on a better day. Right now I'm considering either Sunday the 21st of September, or Monday the 22nd. I don't want to do it too late for fear that I wouldn't get shows for early October. What do you think? Thanks!

I had my open house today. I invited about 200 guests. I had 17 guests at the open house and 7 outside orders. My sales are at $762 right now. I'm expecting about 3 more orders. I did get one booking and may be getting two more. Hoping it would get my business in gear for the fall. I am happy with the sales, but I would have loved a few more bookings.

Lisa

LisaMeehan said:
I had my open house today. I invited about 200 guests. I had 17 guests at the open house and 7 outside orders. My sales are at $762 right now. I'm expecting about 3 more orders. I did get one booking and may be getting two more. Hoping it would get my business in gear for the fall. I am happy with the sales, but I would have loved a few more bookings.

Lisa
Not bad! Good work.

I'm having my own show on November 13. I'm not calling it a "fall" anything and I'm not having an open house. It's going to be a regular show. I'm planning to do a mystery host show, too, and the night of my show will be the night for the hosts to have their orders to me. Then I'll let everyone know who will win what.

hmolah said:
What do you all think is the best day of the week for open houses? I don't want to do Saturday - because we are big college football fans, and I know a lot of people that we would invite are too. I don't generally like to do things on a Sunday - but do you think that would be a good day? Maybe late afternoon like from 3-5 or something? What about a Monday? I've had these in the past - but I always feel like I could have done it on a better day. Right now I'm considering either Sunday the 21st of September, or Monday the 22nd. I don't want to do it too late for fear that I wouldn't get shows for early October. What do you think? Thanks!

I actually called about half a dozen people who I knew would be honest, and gave them a choice between Saturday, Sunday or a weekday. Five out of six preferred NOT to do it on a weekday because between work, school, etc. they said they'd forget to come or wouldn't be able to work it out in their schedule. Four out of six said they'd prefer a Sunday over a Saturday, one said they'd prefer a Saturday over a Sunday, and one said either would work just fine. I held an open house in January on a Sunday from 1 to 5, so that anyone who goes to a church service, etc. would have time to attend that and then have lunch with family, whatever they usually do on Sundays, then still be able to stop in.

Bottom line is to do what works for you...this was just based on my personal experience (and my very small survey of customers...not a "reliable" method across the board but it worked for me!

LisaMeehan said:

Lisa
wow Lisa 17 out of 200 people is great.. I had mine today also but forgot that college football started today.
Out of 50, 2 RSVP and 9 maybes, well only 2 showed up. 1 on time and the other at 5 (which was fine, I knew she would be late)

I did manage to get 2 bookings and a possible fundraiser. (show ended up just under 300.00)

merego said:
Mine is this Saturday from 1-4, I have about 20 that RSVP they are coming. I have over $500 in outside orders from people who couldn't make it and the rest were too rude to RSVP ( big big BIG pet peeve of mine)
I am happy with what I have and am looking forward to Saturday, hopefully all that said Yes will show ( another pet peeve, people who say yes, then don't show and don't call to tell you)
Good luck with yours!! Good luck everyone who is having one!! :)

Great turnout Meridth. Do you happen to have a copy of the invitation / announcement you used? I am new at this and can use all of the help I can get. I have never had an open house (and finally realize I am affraid of failing). Any suggestions?

I don't think it is too late AT ALL! If you are worried about a Fall/Winter Kick-off being too late into September - then just advertise it as an Open House!

I am STILL trying to nail down a date to do mine my kickoff open house :(

christiepchef said:
Great turnout Meridth. Do you happen to have a copy of the invitation / announcement you used? I am new at this and can use all of the help I can get. I have never had an open house (and finally realize I am affraid of failing). Any suggestions?

I will send you the one I used. :)
I had 22 people show up and have over $1600 in sales right now. I am soo excited :):sing::sing:

I decided to do my open house the last Saturday of Sept.

Meredith, can you post it here? I'd love to see it. Congrats on such a successful open house! :)

Good Luck Amanda.

Do you have a planned outline for what you are going to do????

merego said:
I will send you the one I used. :)
I had 22 people show up and have over $1600 in sales right now. I am soo excited :):sing::sing:

Yes, I did get it off the files section here and modified. I tried to attacth earlier and it "failed" :( I will try again

let's try this again. You can modify however it will work for you.
I also sent how to order online if you could not make the show, that brought in TONS of outside orders for me.
What I ended up doing was drawing 1 person for the host credit
4 for the 1/2 off items and 1 for 60% off and 1 for the 30% off.
My party was over $1600 so the mystery host got over $300 in free stuff.

My free gift was a new Seasons Best
I also did a drawing every 30 minutes and gave away prizes ( stuff I got in the surprise boxes at conference and a few newer items) People loved that!!

Let me know if you have any questions. I got most of my ideas from Laverne AKA: pampereddor

Attachments

• mysteryhost invite.doc
    45 KB · Views: 352
  • mystery host online ordering.doc
    39.5 KB · Views: 443
How did you send the mystery host online ordering. By e-mail?

I have always just emailed most of them - and hand delivered a few (kept them in my purse/vehicle).

I personally didn't like setting up the Mystery Host online cuz it was too confusing. Some people placed an individual order instead of typing in Mystery Host as the Host Name.

I sent via e-mail and handed them out with my invites to my neighbor and mailed them too.
I, luckily had no confusion with my ordering and everyone typed in mystery host and it worked fine. If people could just follow directions, right Jenna?? :)

erinyourpclady said:
Mine is scheduled for the 13th.......form 3-7. I already have about 10 RSVP's and I sent out the invite today! Oh nad I mentioned it in my newsletter.........

I am curious to know how your open house when this weekend.

I did a Fall Open House last night and it was fantastic I had almost $800 in sales...still waiting on a few outside orders.
Go for it!!:)

Related to Is It Too Late for My Fall Open House?

1. Is it too late to plan a fall open house?

No, it is not too late to plan a fall open house. While it is ideal to plan in advance, there is still plenty of time to put together a successful event.

2. When should I schedule my fall open house?

It is best to schedule your fall open house for a weekend day, either in the morning or afternoon. This will allow more people to attend and have enough time to browse and make purchases.

3. How can I promote my fall open house?

There are many ways to promote your fall open house, such as through social media, email invitations, flyers, and word of mouth. You can also partner with local businesses or community organizations to reach a wider audience.

4. What products should I feature at my fall open house?

It is a good idea to feature fall-themed products, such as baking items, seasonal decor, and cozy kitchen gadgets. You can also showcase any new products or best-sellers to generate interest.

5. How can I make my fall open house unique and engaging?

To make your fall open house stand out, consider offering special discounts, hosting a cooking demonstration or workshop, or providing festive treats and beverages. You can also incorporate fun activities or games to keep guests entertained.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • JennyJennJen
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
ChefHeidiD
  • pampered2007