• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Often Is Too Often for Open Houses?

In summary, the conversation revolved around the frequency of hosting open houses and ideas for alternative events. The general consensus was that every time a new catalog is released is a good opportunity for an open house, with the suggested frequency being every 6 months. Other ideas suggested included cooking classes, bingo nights, and holiday open houses where guests can make something to take home. There was also discussion about the cost of providing ingredients for these events and the option of asking guests to pay for them.
chefbritt
How often is too often to host an open house? I am trying to revamp my business, and I am so excited about the January specials and promos! I think they will be a huge help in getting bookings and increasing sales. I would love to host a holiday open house. The problem is that where I never really got out of my family and friends the last time around, I don't have many people to invite other than the same list I always use. I'm worried that they'll get burnt out with PC. My last open house was in March as a Spring preview, and I had a pretty good turnout. Do you think it's too soon to do it again?

Instead of doing open houses, Jan Gilbert at a meeting here a few weeks ago suggested doing Cooking Classes. I'm thinking of offering a Power Cooking or Cozy Soups in early January!

6 months
chefbritt said:
How often is too often to host an open house? I am trying to revamp my business, and I am so excited about the January specials and promos! I think they will be a huge help in getting bookings and increasing sales. I would love to host a holiday open house. The problem is that where I never really got out of my family and friends the last time around, I don't have many people to invite other than the same list I always use. I'm worried that they'll get burnt out with PC. My last open house was in March as a Spring preview, and I had a pretty good turnout. Do you think it's too soon to do it again?

I tend to think every time we have a new catalog is a perfect opportunity to have an open house. If your last one was in March, then it would be a perfect time to get the word out about Fall/Winter specials and upcoming promos. Go for it!!!

Debbie :D

What about a Bingo Night? I think I will give that a try to help with bookings and sales. I seen the idea on here but will revamp to fit my guests

I think that is a good idea every time a new book comes out. I want to have an open house and don't know what to do. What are some ideas?

mommylove, I just posted some ideas on your thread.

What about a holiday open house were the guests make something? Like the pretzel wreaths, or little gifts in the prep bowls. You wouldn't actually do a demo but let the guests use the products.

I say 6 months too. If you did one for the Spring catalog, I think one for the Fall one is a great idea. I did one when I first started with success but have not done one since.

Express shows
mommylove_07 said:
I think that is a good idea every time a new book comes out. I want to have an open house and don't know what to do. What are some ideas?

I really want to try an express show. I love that idea. That is kind of the idea I want to push for my multi vendor holiday open house my friends and I are doing next month. Come in, taste some appetizers, place orders, book shows and then go home. Not like a show where you have people hanging around for 2 hours. I think this is a good way to keep the traffic flowing and also to get those who can't make it right when it starts but can come later and don't feel they have to stay for a long time.

Debbie :D

you mean like make them to take home? Would you foot the cost of the bowls and ingredients, or ask them to pay, or how would you do that? That sounds like a great way to get people there by saying they'll be able to make a gift to take home with them.

sorry, i need to learn how to quote people, that post was in response to PCSarahjm's.

if you did the wreaths that wouldn't be too expensive but for hte bowls yes they would have to pay.

chefbritt said:
sorry, i need to learn how to quote people, that post was in response to PCSarahjm's.
Brittany,
If you want to quote someone, just click on the little "quote" button in the bottom right of the post you want to quote. It will take you right to the reply screen, with their quote there for you!:thumbup: ;)

Related to How Often Is Too Often for Open Houses?

What is considered too often for open houses?

The frequency of open houses can vary depending on the real estate market and the specific property. However, it is generally recommended to have no more than one open house per week. Having too many open houses can make the property lose its novelty and may also signal to potential buyers that there may be something wrong with the property.

How often should I have open houses?

It is important to strike a balance between having enough open houses to attract potential buyers and not having too many that it becomes excessive. As a general rule, one open house per week is a good frequency to aim for. However, it is also important to consider the specific needs of the property and the real estate market it is in.

Is it better to have multiple open houses in a short period of time?

While it may seem like having multiple open houses in a short period of time can generate more interest, it is generally not recommended. As mentioned earlier, having too many open houses can make the property lose its novelty and may also give the impression that there may be something wrong with it. It is best to spread out open houses over a few weeks to maintain interest and attract a wider range of potential buyers.

When should I have an open house?

The timing of open houses can also play a role in their success. Weekends are generally the best time to have open houses as more people are off from work and have the time to attend. However, it is also important to consider any major events or holidays that may affect attendance. For example, having an open house on Super Bowl Sunday may not be the best idea.

Are virtual open houses a good alternative to traditional open houses?

Virtual open houses have become increasingly popular, especially in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. They can be a great alternative to traditional open houses as they allow potential buyers to view the property from the comfort of their own home. However, it is still important to have traditional open houses as they provide an opportunity for buyers to physically experience the property and its neighborhood.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• krzymomof4
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
ChefJoeCool
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
simonsays
  • JennyJennJen