• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is It Safe to Advertise Without My Knowledge?

In summary, Lori's information was added to a neighborhood website without her knowledge and she received a violation warning from HO.
Loriann
Just an FYI for fellow consultants. I advertised last year in a local neighborhood's newsletter. I guess they were trying to help me get business, but without my knowledge they added my information to their neighborhood website, including MY website information! Imagine my horror when I received a violation warning from HO today :eek: . A fellow PC consultant reported me to HO. I've been in contact with HO and the neighborhood trying to get my information taken off the web - what a messy, stressful incident!

Moral of the story - even when you are trying to follow all the rules mistakes can happen! When you advertise with anyone, make sure that they know NOT to put your information on their website!!!

Lori

I had the same thing happen to me - We are allowed to do print advertising but sometime groups will list you on their website without your knowledge. I think of it as a courtesy to let the consultant know because it happened to me and I was not trying to violate anything

Loriann - Who's cluster are you in? We are are almost neighbors. I actually work at Sprouts part-time

Looks like HO is cracking down after several Ebay and MY space violaters have been caught! Yikes- sorry that happened to you!

Hi Kathy!
I'm glad to know that my info was out on the web, I just wish the consultant had emailed me, instead of going to HO. Oh well, gave me an exciting afternoon, as if 4 wild kids home for summer break wasn't exciting enough :)

I'm in Carol Radu's cluster - how about you? We are almost neighbors - I'm in the neighborhood across from Parker Square. I love Sprouts - I'm in there frequently!

Lori

I am under Lorlee Clark under Nancy Jo Ryan I am the Kathy in Vitamins Say hi if you are in the area

Will do! Are you going to conference? If so, which wave are you in?
Lori

Yes - Wave 3 Aren't you in Wave 1??

No...I'm Wave 2. I went last year, and it was AWESOME! One of my recruits is going too - I'm so excited for her. I see your a first timer, you will love it!

My former manager at the IT company I worked for wouldn't allow time off and my mother passed away in June so it was a really tought ime to think about going to conference. I am very excited.

Hi Texans,
Lorianne I am in Carol Radu's cluster also. Were you at the Spring Kickoff in Arlington? I live in North Arlington, but I am moving at the end of June to Ft. Worth. Who is in your upline?

Loriann said:
Hi Kathy!
I'm glad to know that my info was out on the web, I just wish the consultant had emailed me, instead of going to HO. Oh well, gave me an exciting afternoon, as if 4 wild kids home for summer break wasn't exciting enough :)
Lori

It was probably someone here who didn't know it was you! LOL

I think it's ridiculous that we can't have our website anywhere. I understand not wanting us to advertise on questionable sites, but chamber of commerce, organizational websites, etc should be okay. OR (and I've suggested this), just set up a way to search for your consultant online! That would solve the problem. Even if they were given the clue what the website MIGHT be .biz/name that would help. I just think making it hard to find us, doesn't help anyone.

Loriann said:
Hi Kathy!

I'm in Carol Radu's cluster - how about you? We are almost neighbors - I'm in the neighborhood across from Parker Square. I love Sprouts - I'm in there frequently!

Lori
I'm so sorry Lori! It's a shame that people will automatically just report you!!! I would never do that for the reason that you are going through. I believe in warning someone and finding out if they know. Alot of the e-bay and myspace people know what they are doing but something like yours was ridiculous!:eek: :rolleyes:
Good luck and don't allow yourself to stress over it, I think that the HO can tell this was not your fault and not a blatant disregard for the rules! Good luck! And hang in there with 4 kids on summer break!!:eek: :eek: And I think I'm about to go crazy with 2 being home in 2 more weeks! I bow down to all of you out there that have 4,5,6,7 kids! You are more woman than me! LOL!:eek: :D :p ;)

Thanks Cathy! I agree that people should be warned - I'm not into reporting my fellow consultants...I certainly don't have time to be policing everyone, I've got a business to run! It's all worked out with HO, finally got a hold of the person who runs the neighborhood website and they removed my name.

Thanks for the support!

Hi Marisol,
I was at the Spring Kickoff in Arlington! Fonda Wirth is my director. Who are you under?

Loriann said:
Hi Kathy!

Lori

I'm in Carol Radu's too! I'm in her third line! We can meet at Exec. Banquet!

MGG said:
Hi Texans,
Lorianne I am in Carol Radu's cluster also. Were you at the Spring Kickoff in Arlington? I live in North Arlington, but I am moving at the end of June to Ft. Worth. Who is in your upline?
I was in Arlington! Carol is my upline. Cool! Where are you moving to in Fort Worth? I'm in North Fort Worth by 35/287

MGG said:
Hi Texans,
Marisol,

Is this the same Marisol (under Lee Burns) that contacted me about some products that I am cleaning out of my office?

I just LOVE Fonda! She keeps you on your toes! She is high energy but just LOVE her!!!

Loriann said:
Hi Marisol,
I was at the Spring Kickoff in Arlington! Fonda Wirth is my director. Who are you under?

Hi Loriann--I am under Lee Burns. I love Fonda she is so funny! You must love having her as your director. Are you going to conference? I am going this year is my first time and I am sooo excited except about sharing a room, but I hope that turns out to be fun.

Hi Sharon,
I emailed you the night before last with my request--the HWC mugs & plates and the salad recipe cards. CONGRATULATIONS on becoming a director!!!!! It was great working the bridal fair with you in Feb, even if it was just for an hour. Who is your upline director Sharon? It's great meeting up with you online.

I love Chef Success!!!!

Ladies--we have got to meet sometime in person-maybe do dinner or lunch.

Last edited:
Hi Sharon & Marisol,
We will definitely have to meet up at conference if not before!
I LOVE having Fonda as my Director - she is awesome, and hilarious - our meetings are very entertaining.

Sharon - congratulations on making Director! We'll be cheering you on.

Loriann said:
Hi Sharon & Marisol,
We will definitely have to meet up at conference if not before!
I LOVE having Fonda as my Director - she is awesome, and hilarious - our meetings are very entertaining.

Sharon - congratulations on making Director! We'll be cheering you on.
Are you going to be able to promote before Conference? Hope so!

Loriann said:
Hi Kathy!
I'm glad to know that my info was out on the web, I just wish the consultant had emailed me, instead of going to HO.
Lori

Hi Lori,
I think in your case, or anyone with simply a link I would have contacted that consultant, but some of the online stores-that's just ridiculous. One of my past hostess was contacted on myspace to shop at a girls PC store. I was emailed the link and it was a true online store with slide show, guest specials, link to web page the works! I ended up not emailing the consultant because of all the backlash other consultants have endured. I figure in this girl's case or anyone with a seperate online store or webpage--different from your case entirely& not just a link--it's not my job to issue violation warnings or even confront them that is HO job. I am not sure I would have even cared if it had not been my customer but it was and I think I did the right thing. It is because so many "violators" are nasty when informed by a fellow consultant that people have taken to avoid the drama and let HO deal with it. I am very sorry that happened to you and because you spoke out about your case I know if I ever stumble by just a link or such I will email the consultant first.
Marisol

Hello. We are not allowed to have someone with a website to put our .biz website link on their website. Right? So are they allowed to refer to us in any way? Maybe by our personal email address or telephone number? Maybe not mention Pampered Chef just for Bridal Registry info call or email...Just want to check on what we can do and not push the boundries or go over the line.

http://cgi.ebay.com/FREE-PAMPERED-CHEF_W0QQitemZ190141085778QQihZ009QQcategoryZ20651QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

JaimeQ said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/FREE-PAMPERED-CHEF_W0QQitemZ190141085778QQihZ009QQcategoryZ20651QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Big NO NO!:mad:

did anyone send this ebayer a message that this is a big no no?

I saw it on there but I didn't send her a message.... I didn't know if I should... Didn't want to cause drama.

I just sent her a message. Let's see if she heeds the warning.

After the last time I sent an email she sent my picture to all her groupies on a PC group on My Space saying I was harrasing her along with another consultant.
I am not going there again. :(

Well, if that's the way she reacts to others trying to warn her personally, don't bother going that route - just report her to HO and move on. What a pain in the you-know-what!!!:mad:

I am sorry--I didn't mean this one. It was someone else I dealt with. But still.

On Ebay, you can contact them without revealing any of your personal information.

You know, in my opinion, it doesn't matter. If they are violating the rules that blatantly, they deserve a call from HO instead of us trying to be nice and "let them know". Screw that! If I can't do it, neither can they!! :grumpy:

I did contact her & she said she thought that since she wasn't selling "product" that is was ok according to the manual.

cathyskitchen said:
You know, in my opinion, it doesn't matter. If they are violating the rules that blatantly, they deserve a call from HO instead of us trying to be nice and "let them know". Screw that! If I can't do it, neither can they!! :grumpy:
I might have reported one a few weeks ago. I wonder what HO does...if they actually follow through on them.

Yes, they do. I posted this somewhere else, but a director in my cluster had her DH selling her old PC stuff on ebay. She really did think that was acceptable since it was her DH's ebay account, not hers. Anyway, someone reported her to HO and they called and told her to either remove the auctions or her consultant agreement would be terminated.

Stampaholic1961 said:
I did contact her & she said she thought that since she wasn't selling "product" that is was ok according to the manual.

Well there is one thing I BET she is doing that she shouldn't...she is offering $15 free product for a $150 catalog show...I'm willing to bet that she is going to enter each and every one as a cooking show and not be "out" and money herself. :cool:

janetupnorth said:
Well there is one thing I BET she is doing that she shouldn't...she is offering $15 free product for a $150 catalog show...I'm willing to bet that she is going to enter each and every one as a cooking show and not be "out" and money herself. :cool:

I bet that is what she is going to do...sneaky sneaky:p

JaimeQ said:
I bet that is what she is going to do...sneaky sneaky:p

Oh, and let me add...unauthorized use of the PC logo, using the terms Pampered Chef in advertising without the (R) symbol, and failing to identify yourself by name and official title. We are supposed to advertise with XXXXXXX Independent Consultant for the Pampered Chef.....

I didn't even think of that. I hope she heeds the warning and removes it before she gets in to some serious trouble.

I told her that if it didn't fall under the "selling product" violation that it would fall under the "advertising on the web" violation. I haven't heard back since I told her that.

Oh, by the way, if you want to contact someone on ebay without revealing your personal information, don't use the same "screen name" there as you do on other groups! If she's a member here, she now knows who I am!!

Stampaholic1961 said:
Oh, by the way, if you want to contact someone on ebay without revealing your personal information, don't use the same "screen name" there as you do on other groups! If she's a member here, she now knows who I am!!

That's why I would never even bother contacting them personally in the first place. Just report them and let HO be the "bad guy" - that's their job anyway.

Well there is one thing I BET she is doing that she shouldn't...she is offering $15 free product for a $150 catalog show...I'm willing to bet that she is going to enter each and every one as a cooking show and not be "out" and money herself.
My first thoughts exactly! Why else would she be offering $15? Did anyone forward this on to HO? You know I can see some of them thinking they can get away with selling on ebay (when you are not identifying themselves as a PC Consultant) without getting caught. But this is total advertising, using our logo and identifying herself!!!! This just floors me!:eek:

Cindycooks said:
My first thoughts exactly! Why else would she be offering $15? Did anyone forward this on to HO? You know I can see some of them thinking they can get away with selling on ebay (when you are not identifying themselves as a PC Consultant) without getting caught. But this is total advertising, using our logo and identifying herself!!!! This just floors me!:eek:

Done hours ago. I like to give people the courtesy of "warning" them, but when she comes back and says she isn't selling product so it is not in violation, she's thought already about what she's doing and they need to explain the rules to her. Also, after what happened to Kristin, like someone said, best to let them handle it...

She'll get a warning and a chance to correct it.

this maybe a stupid questions but i am a little foggy on the rules for advertising can you advertise on line at all? or can you just not advertise your web site on line? I understand that you can't sell on line other than you website but the reat i'm not so sure about. If someone could either clear this up for me or direct in the direction to find it i would appritiate it!!!

thank you
heather

Go to Consultant's Corner - you can either click on "Policies and Procedures" in the "Frequently Visited Links" section and look up "Advertising and Publicity Policies" (it's on page F-18), or click on the "Downloads" tab and scroll down to "Advertising and Publicity Policies" - it's all in there.

thank you

heather

I heard back from her. She said that she was new to PC and only knew of the not selling new or used things on ebay. She said she didn't know that she was violating any policy and has since removed the post. I was very gentle in my approach and in return, she was very appreciative for the heads up. Whether or not she was blowing smoke...I don't know, but at least I know that I handled it in a decent manner instead of assuming that she knew better. And her reply seemed very sincere.

If I were to try and report/correct every PWS I came across on the web, it would be a full time job! Myspace and the myspace-type sites are full of PWS links. I actually had to go back and read the policies over again to be sure I hadn't read them wrong in the first place. I couldn't believe that people get away with it.

<h2>1. How did this situation happen?</h2><p>This situation likely occurred because the neighborhood newsletter was trying to help you promote your business and thought adding your information to their website would be beneficial. However, they may not have known that this is a violation of Pampered Chef's rules.</p><h2>2. What can I do if my information has been added to a website without my knowledge?</h2><p>If your information has been added to a website without your knowledge, the first step is to contact the website owner and ask them to remove your information. You can also reach out to Pampered Chef's Home Office for assistance in resolving the issue.</p><h2>3. Is it safe to advertise without my knowledge?</h2><p>No, it is not safe to advertise without your knowledge. This can lead to violations of Pampered Chef's rules and can potentially harm your business. It is important to always be aware of where your information is being advertised and to make sure it follows Pampered Chef's guidelines.</p><h2>4. What should I do if I receive a violation warning from HO?</h2><p>If you receive a violation warning from HO, the best course of action is to reach out to them and explain the situation. They may be able to provide further guidance on how to resolve the issue and avoid any further violations.</p><h2>5. What can I learn from this experience?</h2><p>This experience serves as a reminder to always be vigilant and aware of where your information is being advertised. Make sure to clearly communicate with anyone who is helping you promote your business and ensure they understand Pampered Chef's rules and guidelines.</p>

1. How did this situation happen?

This situation likely occurred because the neighborhood newsletter was trying to help you promote your business and thought adding your information to their website would be beneficial. However, they may not have known that this is a violation of Pampered Chef's rules.

2. What can I do if my information has been added to a website without my knowledge?

If your information has been added to a website without your knowledge, the first step is to contact the website owner and ask them to remove your information. You can also reach out to Pampered Chef's Home Office for assistance in resolving the issue.

3. Is it safe to advertise without my knowledge?

No, it is not safe to advertise without your knowledge. This can lead to violations of Pampered Chef's rules and can potentially harm your business. It is important to always be aware of where your information is being advertised and to make sure it follows Pampered Chef's guidelines.

4. What should I do if I receive a violation warning from HO?

If you receive a violation warning from HO, the best course of action is to reach out to them and explain the situation. They may be able to provide further guidance on how to resolve the issue and avoid any further violations.

5. What can I learn from this experience?

This experience serves as a reminder to always be vigilant and aware of where your information is being advertised. Make sure to clearly communicate with anyone who is helping you promote your business and ensure they understand Pampered Chef's rules and guidelines.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• hmolah
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
hmolah
  • AlowayFamily
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
reneenshelcook4u
  • pamperedpnina