• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Humor I'm Going on Vacation and I'm Taking With Me ...

In summary, this product is not ridiculously large, doesn't have a lot of stuff I have to take with it, and will feed a LARGE group. It also has a professional knife and a food chopper/MFP.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
a product that a) isn't ridiculously large b) doesn't have a lot of stuff I have to take with it and c) will feed a LARGE group and maybe get me some new customers!

We have 13 friends going on this trip ... 5 couples and 3 singles. We'll be preparing meals and they say our kitchen is well stocked. (I know .. yeah right!)

So I'm debating between 3 things:

* Family skillet-this will feed the whole group or at least most of it. If we double a recipe like the family skillet, we can do maybe 2/3 of it in there and the rest in a crappy 10 inch skillet they give us.

* Deep Covered Baker ... leaning against this because a) stoneware is breakable and b) it woudn't feed the whole group and c) they won't have anything like it there ... so much for doubling a recipe.

* Large Bar Pan ... I could make the ham and cheese brunch squares and it would feed the whole group. Or something like it!

Would love your thoughts!

Of the three I would take the Family Skillet because 1)Stoneware breaks, 2)Stoneware can be heavy and 3) I would be afraid that some helpful soul would wash stoneware wrong. And the skillet is huge. You can do eggs for everyone for breakfast. You can do one dish meals for dinners with a salad and that would be enough for everyone. And it cleans up beautifully. And if you do one of the recipes from the weekday dinners that can be done on the stovetop in the skillet or in the microwave in the baker then you could say - hey, you know, in my DCB I can do this in the microwave in less than 30 minutes after I get home from work!

Just my 2cents!

And a professional knife because knives are never sharp enough at the rental homes. (imo)

I vote for the skillet...and the knife idea is great. But take a cutting board too. The ones I have always gotten in rentals are awful!!

Yeah ... trying not to leave my kitchen TOO un-pampered since Roomie will be home!The food chopper or MFP will be coming along too. A knife and honing tool. MAYBE a julienne peeler to do the asian skillet. And some sesame oil and a seasoning or two. Plus a small cookbook (vintage season's best and 29 minutes or All the Best. I tell myself that almost all of this will fit in the skillet! Hope the skillet fits in my suitcase because I'll get grief if it doesn't!

Skillet! You can make cake in there also!!And your MFP like you mentioned. You can do different dips, salsas, omelet bar, etc.

I'd take the skillet, mix n chop (make something with ground beef), mix n scraper, flexible cutting mat, 1 knife. You could make a one pot pasta dish, use preshredded cheese (ugh but you're on vacation), and you can chop veggies on mat with knife. You can stir and serve a pasta dish with the mix n scraper. Top it with extra cheese and put in oven as a bonus.

I would either try to wrap everything in a towel and put the smaller tools inside of your skillet to save space, or put your unmentionables in your skillet to conserve space! Shirts, socks, nighty, etc....things that won't scratch it obviously. NO one has to know! ;)And they might tease you, but when you are whipping up yummy meals, or desserts for them, they will be sure to take you on every future trip! ;) (which hopefully would be a good thing!)

Definitely the skillet. You can do so many recipes with it. One of our favorites that is very, very simple and goes a long way is sausage, peppers and onions over penne. Saute your onions and peppers with a little olive oil, s & p and some Italian seasoning. Take sausage from casing and start cooking in skillet with peppers and onions (you can add mushrooms also if everyone likes them). When sausage is about done, add chicken broth and can of diced tomatoes and cook 3-4 more minutes. Creates a wonderful sauce and ladle over penne.

You could do the orzo recipe from power cooking chicken or the stroganoff beef power cooking. Both are delicious and large quantity.

Well I did a fair today and purchased something from my recruiter ... a flexible cutting mat! It is going with me for sure and will fit nicely in my suitcase!

When we went on vacation in a rental home with lots of ppl, I took my
pineapple wedger. Fresh pineapple with breakfast..a big hit. Easy to take along, sold 2 and more because I brought a couple catalogs.

Well, the garlic press, master scraper, mix and chop, flexible cutting mat, 2 knives and the family skilet came with me.

The cutting mat got used more than anything. Almost brought the apple wedger. Kinda wish I did.

The plus side? A lady in the group bought the Pampered Chef basket I made at an auction and wanted to do a show but got hit with a major health crisis. Now that she is better she is thinking of doing a book show in November!

Related to I'm Going on Vacation and I'm Taking With Me ...

1. What are some essential items I should pack for my vacation?

Some essential items to pack for your vacation include sunscreen, comfortable walking shoes, a swimsuit, a hat, and any necessary medications.

2. Can I bring my own cooking utensils on my vacation?

Yes, you can bring your own cooking utensils on your vacation. However, it is important to check with your transportation provider and accommodations beforehand to ensure they are allowed and there is enough space for them.

3. How can I keep my food fresh while traveling?

You can keep your food fresh while traveling by using insulated coolers, ice packs, and ziplock bags. It is also helpful to plan meals ahead of time and only pack what you will need for the duration of your trip.

4. What are some easy meal ideas for a vacation?

Some easy meal ideas for a vacation include sandwiches, salads, pasta dishes, and pre-made meals that can be easily reheated. You can also bring pre-packaged snacks and fruits that do not require cooking.

5. Do you have any recommendations for compact cooking tools that are easy to pack for a vacation?

Yes, some compact cooking tools that are easy to pack for a vacation include a collapsible colander, a mini cutting board, a small knife, and a travel-sized spice kit. You can also consider using multi-functional tools, such as a can opener that also functions as a bottle opener and corkscrew.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • PChef_ang
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
PChef_ang
Replies