• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Need to Bounce Some Ideas off of You Guys

In summary, a group of people are discussing filling out a form for a hospitality directorship award and are looking for ways to get their thoughts and feelings flowing. They discuss the impact their director has had on their lives and businesses, how they inspire and encourage them, and the importance of writing from the heart for the award nomination. One member shares that their director received the award at a previous conference and how much she treasures the letters received from her team. The group is excited to nominate their own hospitality directors and support them in winning the award.
Chozengirl
Gold Member
I am filling out the hospitality directorship award form, and am having alot of block walls.
Can someone ask me open ended questions or something that will help get my wheels spinning.
Thanks!

When you started PC your intention was to

How has your Hosp. Director impacted your life/business?

How does she make you feel about yourself?

Where would you have been in your business if SHE wasn't there for you?

How will this impact how you treat/train others?

I don't have any questions for you but I do have this:
keep in mind that your Hosp. Dir. will get these letters to keep. So write as if you are speaking to her from the heart.
My director received this award at last years Wave 3 conference, it was so awesome to see her look of suprise and how touched she was. She definitley deserved it. and now she says how much she treasures those letters above most anything else from PC in 11+ years.

How does she/he inspire you to be better, both in your business and as a person?

How does she/he encourage you to take that next step?

reba515 said:
keep in mind that your Hosp. Dir. will get these letters to keep. So write as if you are speaking to her from the heart.
My director received this award at last years Wave 3 conference, it was so awesome to see her look of suprise and how touched she was. She definitley deserved it. and now she says how much she treasures those letters above most anything else from PC in 11+ years.
I love this! Thanks for writing this, becaue I didin't know she got the letters. I am about to nominate my hospitality director too! And thanks to all you for the ideas! I was "freezing up" too!
I do know that all of us would who have hospitality directors that are deserving of this award truely want to see her win! If my gal does win, it will be neat because my cluster and her cluster are all in the same wave!
How neat is that!:D

reba515 said:
WOW, thanks for giving me the insight!
I knew that she was going to hear what I said, but I didn't know that it was going to be given to her.
I have to really sit down in a quiet room and dwell on it.
She really has helped me, but putting it into words is more difficult.
Also, touching every base and not leaving anything out, KWIM?

Related to I Need to Bounce Some Ideas off of You Guys

1. How can I get input from my colleagues on my ideas?

One option is to schedule a team meeting or brainstorming session where you can present your ideas and get feedback from your colleagues. Another option is to use a virtual collaboration tool to share your ideas and receive comments and suggestions from your team.

2. What if my colleagues don't have time to bounce ideas with me?

You can reach out to specific colleagues who you think would be most helpful for your ideas, or you can join a peer group or mastermind group where you can regularly bounce ideas off of each other. Another option is to utilize online forums or social media groups to connect with others and exchange ideas.

3. How do I ensure that my colleagues will give me honest feedback?

It's important to create a safe and non-judgmental environment for idea sharing. Encourage your colleagues to be open and honest by thanking them for their input and reminding them that all ideas are welcome. You can also ask specific questions to prompt honest feedback.

4. What if I'm afraid my ideas will be stolen?

It's understandable to have concerns about sharing your ideas, but remember that collaboration and feedback can lead to better ideas. If you're still worried about intellectual property, consider having your colleagues sign a non-disclosure agreement before sharing your ideas.

5. Can I bounce ideas off of colleagues from different departments?

Absolutely! In fact, getting input from colleagues in different departments can bring fresh perspectives and new ideas to the table. Don't be afraid to reach out to colleagues outside of your immediate team or department for feedback on your ideas.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamela
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pamela
  • chefkugler
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
chefkugler
Replies