• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Need a Router for My Wireless Air Card Question

In summary, it is possible to get a wireless router that has a USB port that would accept the signal from an Air Card and in turn "broadcast" the internet to all the computers in a home provided that they are equipped with wireless internet cards.
LeslieSGI
Gold Member
Let me start this by saying that "It is my understanding that..." (i.e., I talked to a friend briefly in the hall and he told me a lot of stuff and I thought I understood what he said but in hindsight, I must have missed some parts.)

I have an Air Card (from my cell phone provider Alltel) that plugs into my notebook computer via USB port. I understand that it is possible to get a wireless router that has a USB port that would accept the signal from Air Card and in turn "broadcast" the internet to all the computers in my home provided that they are equipped with wireless internet cards. Does anybody know exactly what that piece of equipment would be called? Is anybody else doing this?

I currently have a secured wireless router that is connected to cable modem and broadcasting but am hoping that I can totally ditch the cable and the outrageous bill that comes with it since this wireless card totally rocks. But alas, only one computer at a time.​

You don't "broadcast" the internet, the other devices use that connection to access the internet.I'm not familiar with the "air cards" but could look them up later to give you an answer if no one else pops in to answer before tonight.

Oh, by the way, the router should be all you need...and cabling...I'll explain more later...busy at work.

sorry to hijack.... How do you like your air card? I'm thinking of gettin one. I have pretty good cell reception at home so thinking it should be OK.

The air card works great wherever I get good cell reception. I am loving it. :love:

Thanks, Janet. I will check these out.​

1. What is a wireless air card and how does it work?

A wireless air card is a small device that can be inserted into a laptop or tablet to provide wireless internet access. It works by connecting to a cellular network and creating a Wi-Fi hotspot, allowing multiple devices to connect to the internet through the card.

2. Can any router work with a wireless air card?

No, not all routers are compatible with wireless air cards. You will need to make sure that the router you choose is specifically designed to work with a wireless air card. This information can usually be found in the product specifications or by contacting the manufacturer.

3. What features should I look for in a router for my wireless air card?

When choosing a router for your wireless air card, make sure to look for one with a built-in SIM card slot, as this is necessary for the router to connect to the cellular network. You should also consider the range and speed of the router, as well as any additional features such as parental controls or USB ports.

4. Can I use a wireless air card without a router?

Yes, it is possible to use a wireless air card without a router. However, you will only be able to connect one device at a time to the internet, as the air card acts as a personal hotspot. Using a router will allow you to connect multiple devices and provide a stronger and more stable connection.

5. How do I set up a router for my wireless air card?

The exact setup process may vary depending on the brand and model of your router, but in general, you will need to insert the air card into the router's SIM card slot and then follow the manufacturer's instructions for connecting to the internet and configuring the router's settings. If you are unsure, it is best to consult the user manual or reach out to the manufacturer for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies