• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hubby's B-Day - Need Recipe Ideas

In summary, DH's b-day is coming up and I want to make him a special supper tonight. I've been looking for some good shrimp recipes, but I haven't found anything that really stands out to me. Anybody have any fantastic shrimp recipes they would be willing to share with me? I don't have any myself, but here are a few from Alton Brown. :) Today is DH's b-day. We are actually celebrating this weekend, but I want to make him a special supper tonight. I am looking for some great recipes using Shrimp. I have looked at all of the PC ones, but none of them are hitting me as "the one". Anybody have any fantastic shrimp recipes they would
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
Today is DH's b-day. We are actually celebrating this weekend, but I want to make him a special supper tonight.
I am looking for some great recipes using Shrimp. I have looked at all of the PC ones, but none of them are hitting me as "the one".
Anybody have any fantastic shrimp recipes you would be willing to share?

I don't have any (I don't eat shrimp myself), but here are some from Alton Brown - I remember you mentioning that Good Eats is a family show in your house, so maybe DH would appreciate an AB recipe. :)

Garlic Shrimp Casserole

2 cups chicken stock
2 tablespoons cornstarch with 1 tablespoon water
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 pint leftover rice
2 pints leftover garlic shrimp
3/4 cup toasted panko bread crumbs (Japanese bread crumbs)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a small saucepan, combine the chicken stock and the cornstarch slurry and bring to a simmer for 3 minutes. Add the cream and the red pepper flakes. In a foil lined terra cotta pot, pour the rice and add the leftover garlic shrimp. Then pour the cream mixture over it. Top with the toasted panko and place in the oven for 45 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes before serving.

Bowl Smoked Shrimp

2 quarts wood chips
1/2 cup kosher salt
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups water
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 quart ice
2 pounds jumbo whole shrimp (21-25 count), rinsed thoroughly and drained
2 quarts all-natural chunk charcoal
Spicy Brown Mustard Dipping Sauce, recipe follows

Place the wood chips into a bowl and cover with cool water. Set aside and allow to soak for 1 hour.
In the meantime, place the salt, sugar, water and red pepper flakes into an electric kettle and heat just until the salt and sugar have dissolved. Turn the kettle off and add the ice. Stir until the brine has cooled. Place the shrimp into a 1-gallon ziptop bag and pour over the brine. Place in a container and set in the refrigerator until the wood chips are done soaking, approximately 45 more minutes.

While the shrimp are brining, heat about 2 quarts of charcoal in a chimney starter until the coals are covered with a white ash.

After the chips are done soaking, drain them and set aside. Drain the shrimp in a colander and thread on 4 to 6 rounded skewers.

Carefully transfer the charcoal to a large, 18-inch round, stainless steel bowl. Cover the charcoal with the wood chips. Lay the skewered shrimp directly atop the chips making sure that the shrimp do not come in direct contact with the charcoal and that the shrimp are in 1 layer. Turn another, smaller (13 to 14-inch) metal bowl upside down on top of the shrimp. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked through. Serve warm or chilled.

Spicy Brown Mustard Dipping Sauce:
1/4 cup brown mustard seed
1/4 cup dry mustard powder
2 tablespoons water
1/3 cup cider vinegar
1/3 cup white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 cup olive oil
In a small bowl whisk together the mustard seed, dry mustard and water.

Place the mustard and water mixture into a small saucepan and add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a simmer over high heat. Do not allow to boil. Remove from the heat and puree with a handheld blender for 5 to 10 seconds while drizzling with oil, leaving some of the seeds intact if desired. Pour into a glass jar or container, allow to cool, cover and allow to sit in refrigerator overnight before using. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.

Yield: approximately 1 cup

Coconut Shrimp with Peanut Sauce

24 large (15 to 20 count) shrimp, peeled, deviened, and butterflied
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground white pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
4 egg whites
2 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut, or 2 1/2 cups shredded fresh coconut
Canola or peanut oil, for frying
Peanut Sauce, recipe follows

Pat the shrimp dry with a paper towel. In a small bowl combine cornstarch, salt, pepper, and cayenne. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until foamy. In another bowl, place the coconut. Coat the shrimp with the cornstarch and shake off any excess. Dip into the egg white and then press into the coconut to get full coverage. Try to keep 1 hand dry, this will keep things a little cleaner.
In a large pan, heat the oil to 350 degrees F and gently submerge the shrimp, 6 at a time. Fry for about 3 minutes or until golden brown. Remove them to a rack to drain. Serve with Peanut Sauce.

Peanut Sauce:
1/4 cup chicken stock
3 ounces unsweetened coconut milk
1 ounce lime juice
1 ounce soy sauce
1 tablespoon fish sauce or 2 to 3 anchovies, ground
1 tablespoon hot sauce
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
1 tablespoon chopped ginger
1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup chopped cilantro

In a food processor, puree the chicken stock, coconut milk, lime juice, soy sauce, fish sauce, hot sauce, chopped garlic, and ginger. Add the peanut butter and pulse to combine. Fold in the cilantro and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Bring sauce to room temperature and serve with coconut shrimp.

Yield: approximately 2 cups

Becky - I sometime cook the shrimp in the jerk chicken seasoning and a little garlic and butter. I then cook some Linguini-style noodles, top with our Basic Blend Canola oil and put the shrimp on top...Or the jerk-seasoned shrimp is great on a bed of wild rice.

Here are some Olive Garden Classics!!!!Fettuccine with Shrimp & Zucchini
Prep Time:

20 minutes
Cook Time:

20 minutes
Serving Size:

Ingredients
1 lb fettuccine, dry
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp garlic, chopped
2 Tbsp parsley, chopped
1 zucchini, medium— cut into 2” x 1/4” sticks
1 lb shrimp, large, peeled and deveined (with or without tails)
1 cup dry white wine
3/4 tsp black pepper
3/4 tsp salt
4 Tbsp butter
dash parsley, chopped
8 lemon wedges
Procedures 1. COOK fettuccine according to package directions.
2. HEAT oil in large sauté pan over medium heat while pasta is cooking. Add chopped garlic and parsley; cook for 1 minute. Add zucchini and cook another minute. Add shrimp, wine, salt, pepper and butter. Stir well and cook shrimp for 5 minutes or until they are no longer opaque. Let sauce simmer to thicken slightly.
3. ADD drained pasta to mixture and toss to blend all ingredients. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. TRANSFER pasta onto serving platter. Use tongs to pull shrimp and zucchini to the top. Squeeze two lemon wedges over dish; garnish with remaining wedges and parsley.Grilled Shrimp Caprese
Prep Time:

1 hour, 30 minutes
Cook Time:

20 minutes
Serving Size:

Ingredients
Marinated Tomatoes:
1 1/2 lbs Roma tomatoes, cored* and cut into 1” pieces
20 medium fresh basil leaves, stems removed and cut into 1” pieces
2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp garlic, minced
1 tsp Italian seasoning
Salt to taste2 Tbsp butter
1/2 cup white wine
11/2 cups heavy cream
1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 lb capellini (angel hair) pasta, cooked according to package directions
2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 lb 26/30 or 21/25 shrimp, peeled and deveined*Chef’s Note: To preserve juices and seeds, use a pairing knife to remove just the top of the core on each tomato.
Procedures
Preheat broiler. 1. COMBINE tomatoes, basil, olive oil, garlic, Italian seasoning and salt in a large bowl and blend thoroughly. Cover, set aside and marinate for at least 1 hour.
2. HEAT a large, nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add butter and let melt. Stir in white wine and bring to a boil. Add heavy cream and Parmesan cheese and bring to a simmer. Let sauce reduce to desired consistency.
3. ADD cooked, drained pasta and marinated tomatoes to skillet. Stir to thoroughly coat pasta with sauce.
4. TRANSFER pasta and sauce to serving platter and top with mozzarella cheese.
5. GRILL or SAUTE shrimp until internal temperature reaches 150°F and set aside.
6. PLACE serving platter in broiler for 2-3 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
7. TOP pasta with cooked shrimp and serve.Shrimp & Asparagus Risotto
Prep Time:

30 minutes
Cook Time:

30 minutes
Serving Size:

Ingredients
8 cups chicken broth
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 cups Carnaroli or Arborio rice
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/2 lb fresh asparagus spears, stemmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 ½ lbs large shrimp, shelled and deveined
4 oz butter
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup chopped tomatoes
Fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
Procedures 1. SIMMER chicken broth in a large pot on low heat until needed.
2. HEAT oil in a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 3 minutes, or until translucent. Stir in rice and cook for 1 minute, then add white wine. Add ½ cup of broth and stir until completely absorbed. Repeat until half of broth has been added. Stir the risotto frequently to prevent sticking.
3. ADD asparagus and shrimp to the remaining broth and cook for about 2 minutes, or until shrimp are pink. Remove asparagus and shrimp from broth and add them to the risotto mixture. Add remaining broth 1/2 cup at a time until desired creaminess is reached (there may be broth left over).
4. Once the broth is absorbed, add butter, Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with chopped tomatoes and parsley.Shrimp & Angel Hair with Lemon Caper Cream Sauce
Prep Time:

15 minutes
Cook Time:

45 minutes
Serving Size:

Ingredients
¼ cup olive oil
1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 tsp garlic, chopped
2 Tbsp drained, capers
¼ cup white wine
2 lemons, juiced
1 lemon, thinly sliced
2 cups heavy cream
White pepper to taste
Salt to taste
8 oz angel hair pasta, cooked according to package directions
1 tsp parsley, chopped
Procedures 1. HEAT oil in saute pan. Add garlic and capers and cook for 30 seconds. Add wine and lemon juice; cook until reduced by half. Add heavy cream and reduce until desired consistency is reached.
2. ADD shrimp and cook for 2 minutes. Turn. Add cream; cook for 2 minutes or until sauce slightly thickens. Season sauce with salt, white pepper and parsley.
3. ADD hot, drained pasta to sauce, stirring to thoroughly coat pasta. Add lemon slices.
4. TRANSFER to large serving platter, sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.

Thanks for the recipes!

Now - I have to decide between the Garlic Shrimp Casserole, or the Grilled Shrimp Caprese......either would be a BIG hit with DH, served with garlic breadsticks and a Spinach Salad. I'm making him Apple Dumplings for dessert - his favorite dessert, and we went to the Apple Orchard Saturday!:thumbup:

I just noticed that the casserole uses leftover Chinese food shrimp, so unless you feel like making a garlic sauce, too, you're better off making the caprese. Oops!

Yum! I'm getting hungry! Let us know how it all turns out Becky! (Well, except the after dinner details. ;) )

janetupnorth said:
Yum! I'm getting hungry! Let us know how it all turns out Becky! (Well, except the after dinner details. ;) )

The "after dinner details" will be saved for this weekend!;) We are leaving Friday morning for a weekend away by ourselves! Whoo Hooo!

Ot
ChefBeckyD said:
Thanks for the recipes!

Now - I have to decide between the Garlic Shrimp Casserole, or the Grilled Shrimp Caprese......either would be a BIG hit with DH, served with garlic breadsticks and a Spinach Salad. I'm making him Apple Dumplings for dessert - his favorite dessert, and we went to the Apple Orchard Saturday!:thumbup:

DID you go to Sietsma's Orchard... ???? ... just the mention of that place brings back all kinds of wonderful childhood memories... and oh... the Cider!
okay... end hijack!

eeuuww... TMI!

:D

chefann said:
eeuuww... TMI!:D
The name of the orchard is TMI? I don't understand.:confused: :D :D And Diane - we went to Moelkers Orchard.......off from Wilson on the Grand River. DH's cousin and her husband own it. They do horse drawn wagon rides through the orchard, and then you can go to the Pumpkin Patch to pick your own pumpkins too! It would have been alot more fun if we hadn't been doing it in 90 degree temps!ETA - but yes! We bought Fresh Apple Cider! Nothing like it!

Oh... wonderful family memories for your kids! YIPPEE! I know what you mean about the weather. I don't want winter but Fall would be good!

ChefBeckyD said:
The name of the orchard is TMI? I don't understand.:confused: :D :D
No, I posted that in response to your weekend plans, then the other post popped up inbetween, so it didn't make sense any more. That's when I deleted it - but you must have grabbed it in the 10 seconds it existed on the server.
(TMI is "Too Much Information")

chefann said:
No, I posted that in response to your weekend plans, then the other post popped up inbetween, so it didn't make sense any more. That's when I deleted it - but you must have grabbed it in the 10 seconds it existed on the server.

Thanks Ann...I was just wondering where she got that! :confused: :rolleyes:

chefann said:

Silly Ann - I knew exactly what you meant!;) :p I was playing "dumb blonde" for you!

quiverfull7 said:
Oh... wonderful family memories for your kids! YIPPEE! I know what you mean about the weather. I don't want winter but Fall would be good!

"Kid" :balloon:

And DH actually tried to talk him into the beach instead......but he was set on apples and pumpkins - so that is where we went! It is one of those traditions that we want to create for him though.

How'd dinner come out? Was DH surprised?

Yeah, inquiring minds want to know!

HA! I ended up taking the Shrimp Caprese, and the Shrimp Casserole recipes and making my own "Hybrid" recipe!

I did shrimp and scallops in the Grill Pan with a little Italian Seasoning.

I marinated Roma tomatoes in some melted butter, olive oil,lemon, white wine, and garlic.

Placed the Shrimp and Scallops in the Oval Baker, poured the tomatoes and marinade over them, sprinkled with Italian Seasoning, and then topped it with about a cup of grated Parmesan. THEN I sprinkled with a layer of Toasted Panko Crumbs and drizzled with a little more butter and baked it for about 10-15 minutes.

It was YUMMY! Rick LOVED it, and so did Micah! I served it with a Spinach Salad w/ bacon and fresh tomatoes from our garden, and a Creamy Orange Balsamic Dressing, and Garlic Breadsticks.

Thanks for all your help yesterday!

ChefBeckyD said:
HA! I ended up taking the Shrimp Caprese, and the Shrimp Casserole recipes and making my own "Hybrid" recipe!

I did shrimp and scallops in the Grill Pan with a little Italian Seasoning.

I marinated Roma tomatoes in some melted butter, olive oil,lemon, white wine, and garlic.

Placed the Shrimp and Scallops in the Oval Baker, poured the tomatoes and marinade over them, sprinkled with Italian Seasoning, and then topped it with about a cup of grated Parmesan. THEN I sprinkled with a layer of Toasted Panko Crumbs and drizzled with a little more butter and baked it for about 10-15 minutes.

It was YUMMY! Rick LOVED it, and so did Micah! I served it with a Spinach Salad w/ bacon and fresh tomatoes from our garden, and a Creamy Orange Balsamic Dressing, and Garlic Breadsticks.

Thanks for all your help yesterday!

Sounds delicious.

Yeah, my mouth is even watering for leftovers!

janetupnorth said:
Yeah, my mouth is even watering for leftovers!

Ummm, there weren't any leftovers!:eek:

Related to Hubby's B-Day - Need Recipe Ideas

Here are the five most frequently asked questions about "Hubby's B-Day - Need Recipe Ideas" for customers of Pampered Chef:

1. What are some easy and delicious recipes for my husband's birthday?

We have a variety of simple and tasty recipes that are perfect for celebrating your husband's special day. Some popular options include our BBQ pulled pork sliders, homemade pizza, and grilled salmon with a lemon herb butter sauce. These recipes are sure to impress your hubby and make his birthday meal memorable!

2. Can you recommend any recipes for a birthday breakfast in bed?

Of course! We have some delicious breakfast recipes that are perfect for serving in bed to your husband on his birthday. Our French toast casserole, breakfast burritos, and homemade granola with yogurt and fruit are all great options that are easy to make and will start his day off right.

3. What are some crowd-pleasing recipes for a birthday party?

If you're throwing a birthday party for your husband, you'll want to serve dishes that will please a crowd. Some popular recipes include our loaded nachos, mini meatball sliders, and spinach and artichoke dip. These dishes are easy to make and can be enjoyed by guests of all ages.

4. Are there any special dietary options for birthday recipes?

Yes, we have a variety of recipes that cater to different dietary needs. For gluten-free options, our zucchini noodles with creamy avocado sauce, cauliflower crust pizza, and quinoa-stuffed bell peppers are all delicious and healthy choices. We also have vegetarian and vegan options, such as our black bean and sweet potato tacos and roasted vegetable pasta salad.

5. Can you recommend any desserts for a birthday celebration?

No birthday celebration is complete without a sweet treat! We have a wide selection of dessert recipes, including our classic chocolate chip cookies, strawberry shortcake trifle, and peach cobbler. If your husband has a favorite dessert, we also have recipes for homemade versions of popular treats, such as Oreos, Twix bars, and peanut butter cups.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmatula
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • MissChef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
MissChef
  • babywings76