• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have a Recipe for Chex Mix-Style Party Mix?

In summary, the conversation was about a party mix recipe that was similar to "chex mix" but not quite the same. The suggestions for recipes included the Game Day Party Mix from the "All the Best" cookbook and a sweet caramel snack mix from an old stoneware book. The agent was going to try out a kids' recipe for now and welcomed any other ideas.
casescafe
I was talking with my insurance agent the other day about PC when she mentioned a party mix recipe she was looking for. She described it as something similar to "chex mix" but not quite the same thing.

Anyone out there have any ideas or recipes you'd be willing to share?

Sounds like Game Day Party Mix. I don't remember what book it's in (probably All the Best), but it might be on one of the "usual suspect" websites. (joycesfinecooking.com or Razzle Dazzle Recipes)

Here is one from the Let's Eat Kids Cookbook. Remember the instructions are for kids so they do sound a little "child-speak". :thumbup:

Honey Bear Snack Mix
3 cups square rice cereal
2 cups cinnamon bear-shaped graham snacks
2 cups mini pretzel twists
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
1/2 cup yogurt-covered raisins
1/2 cup candy-coated chocolate pieces

With adult help: Set the oven to 350 degrees. Spray the Large Bar Pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place the cereal, bear graham snacks, and pretzels in a large bowl. With adult help: Put the butter in the Classic Batter Bowl and place it in the microwave oven. Microwave the butter on high for 45 seconds or until it is melted. Remove the batter bowl from the microwave and add the syrup to the melted butter. Mix well using the Mix N Scraper. Pour the butter and syrup over the cereal mixture and stir gently. Pour the cereal mixture into the pan and spread it evenly over the bottom. With adult help: Bake the snack mix for 12 minutes. Carefully remove the pan from the oven using the Oven Mitts or Pads and put it on the Stackable Cooking Rack. Wait until it is completely cool. Spoon the snack mix into a large bowl and stir in the raisins and chocolate pieces.

Helpful Hint: Store the snack mix in a plastic bag that seals so that it stays crisp.

Any other hints? Is it sweet like the "puppy chow" mix? Savory like Chex mix? What ingredients does she remember?

Game Day Party Mix pg 43 in "All The Best" cookbook

4 cups crispy corn and rice cereal
2 cups miniature pretzel twists
1 cup fish-shaped cheddar cheeze crackers
1/4 cup butter or margarine,melted
1 small garlic clove, pressed
1/4 cup (1oz) grated fresh parmesian cheese
1 package (0.4) buttermilk recipe ranch salad dressing mix
1 package (3-3.5 oz) microwave popcorn.

1. Preheat oven to 350F. In Stoneware Baking Bowl, combine cereal, pretzels and crackers: mix gently. Place butter in Small Micro Cooker; microwave on HIGH 45 seconds or until melted. Press garlic into butter using the Garlic Press. Pour butter mixture over cereal mixture, stirring to coat evenly.
2. Grate parmesian cheese over cereal mixture using Deluxe Cheese Grater; mix gently. Sprinkle with dressing mix; mix gently to coat evenly.
3. Bake 20 minutes. Remove baking bowl from the oven. Prepare popcorn according to package directions. Carefully stir popcorn into warm cereal mixture. Let stand in baking bowl 10 - 15 minutes before serving.

Yield 16 cups :chef:

KellyTheChef said:
Any other hints? Is it sweet like the "puppy chow" mix? Savory like Chex mix? What ingredients does she remember?

Spoke with my agent again... she said the mixture was sweet. I'm going to give her the "kids recipe" to try out for now. Keep the ideas coming... thanks for all your replies.:chef:

There was a caramel snack mix in one of the old stoneware books.

*DROOLING* ----- oooohhhhh 'Puppy Chow' - YUM YUM :p:love:

Related to Have a Recipe for Chex Mix-Style Party Mix?

What ingredients do I need for a snack mix?

To make a delicious snack mix, you will need a combination of salty, sweet, and crunchy ingredients. Some popular options include pretzels, popcorn, cereal, nuts, dried fruit, and chocolate chips. You can also add in your favorite spices or seasonings for extra flavor.

Can I make a snack mix in advance?

Yes, snack mix is a great make-ahead snack. Simply store it in an airtight container or bag and it will stay fresh for up to a week. You can also freeze it for longer storage, just make sure to thaw it before serving.

Can I customize a snack mix recipe?

Absolutely! One of the great things about snack mix is that you can easily customize it to your taste preferences. Feel free to swap out ingredients, add in new ones, or adjust the seasonings to make it your own. The possibilities are endless!

How can I make a snack mix healthier?

There are several ways to make a snack mix healthier. You can use whole grain cereal or pretzels, opt for unsalted nuts, and use dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate. You can also add in healthier ingredients like dried fruit, pumpkin seeds, or edamame for a boost of nutrients.

Do you have any snack mix recipe recommendations?

Yes, we have plenty of delicious snack mix recipes on our website! Some popular options include our Sweet and Salty Snack Mix, Ranch Snack Mix, and Caramel Apple Snack Mix. Try them out and let us know which one is your favorite!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
bcowdin
  • Rossana
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Rossana
  • vanscootin