• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hows Everyone Doing for January?

In summary, the weather has been vicious and many of the hosts' teams are MIA. However, Deb has done well and looks to have a good January despite the weather. Darcy is also doing well, but her team is MIA. Id
DebPC
Staff member
The weather here has been vicious. I'm calling my whole team this week to check in. I'm doing ok with shows- but my team so far is MIA.

My January is falling apart and isn't what I was hoping for, but I already have hit the $4000 thanks to the majority of that from my team! One new consultant in particular (in my "2nd line") already has over $2000 in sales this month! She's on fire and I'm so excited for her! At least I dont have to worry about my team this month!

My team is totally MIA as well. I'm doing okay, but I won't hit the $4k myself. I need to make calls and ramp up Feb and March.

My teams MIA so far as well, our January has never been a great producer, I wonder why? The host special and the consultant specials are always awesome...

As far as myself, I haven't actually held my first cooking show this month yet due to traveling for Leadership, etc. BUT, I have 5 cooking shows scheduled between now and the end of the month and 1 catalog show. Here's hoping I can close them on time!

My team and I won't make our $4000 this month. I only have two catalog shows on live show. But I have gotten 2 new recruits since coming back from Denver.

Not sure about my team... I think we will be okay but this is month two of *R* for me. The weather has been horrendous. I couldn't believe 20 people made it out for my show last night but sales were low for 20 people but it was still a great show. Wednesday's show should still be on weather-wise. Just trying to focus on getting my personal calendar together.

Woohoo Ida!I just signed one this morning (well, I should say she finally ordered her kit--we've been talking for 2 mths now) and have an interview with a HO lead tonight!

Good luck Deb!!!!

Good for you, Deb...go get em! My January will be ok for a January. I will hold 4 parties but only 2 or three will be submitted before the end of January. One is January 31st and being military, they are very difficult closing on the same day. My guest lists are not very big for 2 of the parties. I did get a slow start and did not get my January booked like I should have.

And even though I LOVE winter (really I do) the weather has been creating havoc on getting together with my team.

February has just 2 right now, but my goal is to get 10 on my calendar..:rolleyes:guess I better get my hind end on the phone!

Also working with my team on Step Up too.

My team has a few parties this month. So far there are close to $2000 in sales already submitted so I think we will make the $4000 mark with no problem. I also need to get on the phone and get them ramped up to call to book February! What a deal for hosts. Having :candyheart:Valentine's Day:candyheart:eek:n a Saturday will kind of blow that day, but I am offering a "Friday the 13th" party too.

Go debbie!!!

So, I got this "Contact Me Page Submission" email today from someone who visited my website, they saw my catalog floating around their work from a show I'm doing on Friday... she said she wants more info on the business opp. So I set an appointment tonight and did a full recruiting interview on the phone, she signed on spot! She's super excited about getting started, this is just the motivation I need right now, a team member who's super duper gung ho to start business!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way to go Darcy!My appointment cancelled for tonight, but she still wants to get together ASAP--she just had something come up tonight.

HOT DOG!! Darcy how exciting.

OhmyDLM said:
So, I got this "Contact Me Page Submission" email today from someone who visited my website, they saw my catalog floating around their work from a show I'm doing on Friday... she said she wants more info on the business opp. So I set an appointment tonight and did a full recruiting interview on the phone, she signed on spot! She's super excited about getting started, this is just the motivation I need right now, a team member who's super duper gung ho to start business!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's awesome Darcy! Congrats!!!

My January was looking pretty good but the last 3 shows I had were duds. Low sales and no bookings.

I have signed one recruit since leadership but she doesn't seem too gung ho. I have another one signing on February 1st who is really excited to get started. My girl that signed in December had her first show at $850 so I MIGHT hit my $4K team sales but the rest are MIA and 3 will go inactive if they don't submit this month.

I have done 4 shows and sales are poopy BUT the bookings are out of this world! Still have 3 shows to do and 3 of those 4 I have done, I need to close!

WOO HOO, Darcy!!! Congratulations!

One of my downline called me after her party last night. 3 bookings 2 recruit leads (and another interested but not real promising) and $500 in sales with many outside orderst to go.

:pray:Hope her good fortune pays off for me later this week! I have parties Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

I have only done 1 cooking show (and a small catty show) so far since I had surgery in December but the sales were great (my show average has actually gone up in the last few months) and 2 bookings - no recruit leads. I have 4 more scheduled in January but one is tonight and it's SNOWING here. No one goes out for any reason if there's even a threat of snow around here - schools closed last night BEFORE the snow - so I am sure it's not gonna happen today. :cry:

My team has submitted $2000 so far so I am hopeful that we'll hit $4000.

Looking at the new career plan scares me though. So far the sales are from my FD and her team so if she was a director I would have no team sales to this point. Of course, when she promotes the whole team will be larger, stronger so there will be no worries.

ETA: I'll be having office hours instead tonight - everyone should be home to answer those CC/booking/recruiting calls!

bethcooks4u said:
ETA: I'll be having office hours instead tonight - everyone should be home to answer those CC/booking/recruiting calls!

way to look at the bright side of things Beth!
We were supposed to have a 60% chance of getting snow today (it was supposed to come from your area to mine), but not a single flake yet...........cold as all get out, but no snow.

I am doing calls tonight too in hopes that most folks are staying in & staying warm. Let's post our results after 9pm tonight to let each other know how we did on the calls~all I care is that I get one of my shows closed and that I contact at least 10 people about hosting for February~

bethcooks4u said:
No one goes out for any reason if there's even a threat of snow around here - schools closed last night BEFORE the snow - so I am sure it's not gonna happen today. :cry:

Giggle...I remember being in VA one January visiting a friend and laughing at the panic that took place with a small glaze of ice. Then I realized that there is no need for the equipment in the southern states that we have in the northern states because winter weather happens so infrequent. One of our local cities had about 8 inches or more on the ground already and had 2 feet dumped on them in one afternoon this weekend. They couldn't pile it quick enough and were running out of places to pile it. Never mind snow plows...they have to use payloaders when that amount falls!

bethcooks4u said:
Looking at the new career plan scares me though. So far the sales are from my FD and her team so if she was a director I would have no team sales to this point. Of course, when she promotes the whole team will be larger, stronger so there will be no worries.

See new posts on the Debbie Downer thread. Others are helping me see the light! I think until we get our teams developed a little more, we will see more fluctuations in our levels which will be different but as HO says...prepare now for April 1st (instead of us waiting till April 1st to see what happens).

Also, hope you are mending well after surgery. It must be a challenge to get back on track.

Ok, so this is un-real... I just got an email from an old highschool friend of mine... I've talked to her about the business before but nothing ever really came of it, she's interested now and I set up another interview for tonight! SO SERIOUS! I fill you all in later after we have our "talk"!!!

Wow that's awesome!!

So far only one show has cancelled. The rest have been small but that's ok - I should submit 8 shows for this month which is great. I have a recruiting interview on Wednesday. My Feb is starting to look better. I want to book 4 more shows though.

Wow! Darcy your on fire.
I just did a few more calls tonight, 18 to be exact and only spoke with 4 but got something from each one.

OhmyDLM said:
Ok, so this is un-real... I just got an email from an old highschool friend of mine... I've talked to her about the business before but nothing ever really came of it, she's interested now and I set up another interview for tonight! SO SERIOUS! I fill you all in later after we have our "talk"!!!

Soooo... did the complete recruiting interview again and... she's joining my team!!! We have an appointment today to walk her through the online agreement. She couldn't last night as she was on her cell phone and not home. I'm SO excited, she's another go-getter and is asking for training opportunities!!! I haven't had one of those in a long time and now I have TWO in the same month!

OhmyDLM said:
Soooo... did the complete recruiting interview again and... she's joining my team!!! We have an appointment today to walk her through the online agreement. She couldn't last night as she was on her cell phone and not home. I'm SO excited, she's another go-getter and is asking for training opportunities!!! I haven't had one of those in a long time and now I have TWO in the same month!

Congratualations!!! You are on fire! :sun:

WOW, Darcy, congratulations!:sun::party:

We had our first "step up" or whatever you want to call it program last night!! I had the woman who's home we held it and one other person show.:grumpy: but it was a good session.

Was shocked that they did not have a good 30 second commercial and am starting to really realize that people need to twist their thinking on recruiting. We did make some good headway in my opinion. Hopefully the numbers will be up in the future. I really want to meet more face to face with team members.

Glad to see there were more in print explainations on line. I want to study them tonight!

My team is mia except for two who have submitted about $660 and I gave my first show this month to the host because she signed up. I am PRAYING and wouldn't mind some of yours ... I'll pray for all of you too... I've never not made the $4000 since I promoted. What happens if I don't?

One of my team members just submitted a $847 show! I've called her twice this month and she hasn't returned my phone calls and then this show popped up! Woohoo!

Yahoo!!! Debbie that is so encouraging! I hope a few of mine that don't return calls do the same!!!!!

Just returned from my first party of 2009 and I hope it is an omen of what is to come for the rest of the year!! When I left her party she was at $1002 and has at least 6 more that want to order.:party:

No bookings or recruit leads however.:cry: There were a ton of people there that I don't think the host expected to show up!

I really did not expect that it would have been such a huge party!:party:

Wow! Congratulations Ann!! That is a great party!

I'm hoping that my party tonight will reach the $1000 level. She's at $771 right now with a few people to follow up with. My first party of the year was at $300 or so when I left and my host was not thrilled about collecting outside orders, but slowly she got a few small ones. I asked her if she asked the previous host and she said no (can you believe it?!). Anyway the previous host orders over $100 worth of products and now her party is over $600! I am so happy. I wish they were all hitting $1k, but I'll be happy if they are all at least $500. Happy, but not doing the happy dance.

I am getting really discouraged! I had ANOTHER bad show tonight! My first show of the month was great...just around $800. Every show since then has been crummy!

Tonights show is at $87. Only a February Catalog show booking (she said she would "try" to collect $150).

I am praying my show next week will be better so I can snap out of this funk I am in.

Congrats Darcy and Ann!! THat's fantastic!!
Congrats everyone for holding ourselves accountable and checking in here!

My team is well um, mia as well. Or should i say that they're here, just working in the last week of the month! THat's okay, I can't wait to see if we make it or not!!

For me, I have turned in $505 in sales and still have a $400 catalog party here that is closing tonight, 2 shows next week and a fair to do today. I really hope to do at least $2500 myself between all of these events and that leaves everything to be @ $500 in sales. My team has submitted $210 so here's to more coaching tomorrow!!!

Good luck everyone! :D

Christ Follower said:
I am getting really discouraged! I had ANOTHER bad show tonight! My first show of the month was great...just around $800. Every show since then has been crummy!

Tonights show is at $87. Only a February Catalog show booking (she said she would "try" to collect $150).

I am praying my show next week will be better so I can snap out of this funk I am in.

Hey, I know how you feel. This party put a spark in my PC attitude, but I have been the Queen of Bad Funks myself too. Keep trying to get out of the funk BEFORE your party next week. I know it is hard. My only piece of advice is "fake it till you make it". Get on the phone if you can but before you do...pretend you are going on stage and come across confident. Then if someone says no...you have to try to be like our triple coated Dupont autograph non-stick coating!!!

I have some of my mojo back with this party as far as sales, but with booking and recruiting leads being a big fat ZERO...I have to keep my confidence up anyway or I fall back into my funk.

Hang in there!!!

Ok guys, so I'm really not trying to come on here and be like yay me all the time, but... YAY ME! LoL I have no idea what's going on but this has been one of the oddest months for me. I had a show last night for a repeat hostess (she's hosted every 6 months for the past 5 years!) and well, I walked out the door with $975 in sales! High sales in our little corner of Maine are not the easy to come by. But get this... there was a girl there who I actually went to high school with and she asked me every single question in the book last night about the business opportunity. I left it as, go home and talk to your hubby, let's chat tomorrow by phone, and we'll get you signed up! We set her kickoff show date for February 8th and she now just needs to decide whether or not we should sign her up today and have here make the income from that show, or have me do it and get her a kit credit. When I explained to her that she'd be making her investment back and then some in her first 30days, that it might be worth it to put it on a credit card and then pay it off before any finance charges occurred, she seemed to think that was a great idea!

Ok, and here's another kicker! That consultant on my team who I was telling you about, the one who's signed 3 people since Leadership, well she went to one of her news consultants 1st shows last night (yes, she just signed two weeks ago and had her first show!) and she helped her new consultant to get 3 bookings and a recruiting interview for TODAY! OH MY GOSH!

Ok, I'll stop bragging now, but I've just never had a month like this in the 5 years of doing business, this is pure craziness for my team!

YAY Darcy!!!! :party:

wOW dARCY!!!!

That is great news Darcy! I hope the whole year goes that way for you!

I went to my newest consultant's first show today and she has 4 more shows on her calendar (all during her first 30 days) and 3 maybes! Woohoo!

Great Job Darcy and Deb!!

What awesome news everyone!!

Oh, and at my show yesterday I got TWO February bookings! I need them BADLY!

Related to Hows Everyone Doing for January?

1. How is everyone doing for January?

It's been a difficult month for many of us, but we are all working hard and staying positive. We are here to support each other and push through the challenges.

2. How has the weather been affecting your work at Pampered Chef?

The weather can definitely have an impact on our business, but we are finding ways to adapt and continue serving our customers. Our online sales have been strong, and we are also offering virtual parties to reach more people.

3. How are you checking in with your team during this time?

I am personally calling each member of my team this week to check in and offer support. We are also staying connected through our team's Facebook group and having regular virtual meetings.

4. How are your shows going so far this month?

I am doing well with shows, but I know it can be different for everyone. If anyone needs help or support with their shows, please don't hesitate to reach out to me or another team member.

5. What should I do if my team members are not active or responsive?

If your team members are MIA, it's important to reach out and check on them. Let them know that you are here to support them and offer any help they may need. If they are consistently unresponsive, it may be best to have a one-on-one conversation to address any potential issues or concerns. Remember, communication is key in maintaining a successful team.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• annew
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • woernerlaura
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
ChefLissa
  • PampMomof3