• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Long Do Sauces Last When Open and Refrigerated?

Opened. Closed would be sealed so fine (unless they have an exp. date on them (don't think they do?).)I just pulled up the U&CG online and they show "Use within 30 days"....so either I was remember it wrong- or they updated it.I have started writing the date opened on the cap in permanent marker - or writing a "Use By Date". Because I would forget otherwise.Thanks for this information! I have them in my refrigerator but I do need to start dating them. I am trying to take less to my parties right now but I may take what I have opened in the refrigerator and use them up!
msmileyface
Hi guys,

How long do our sauces last when open but refrigerated?

Thanks! :) Meredith

I don't remember where I saw this (Use & Care Guide) - but 3 weeks is what comes to mind. (But I've been known to use some of mine a little longer with no issues- but that's just in MY kitchen, I'd never tell a customer that. That would have to be their choice.)

uh oh! I had 2 bottles that got "tucked" (okay, shoved and buried) in the back and here it is over a month later, if not 2 months... I didn't think I'd be able to use them. Oh well!

I just pulled up the U&CG online and they show "Use within 30 days"....so either I was remember it wrong- or they updated it.I have started writing the date opened on the cap in permanent marker - or writing a "Use By Date". Because I would forget otherwise.

Thanks for this posting. Good to know if I get asked or use as a great selling tip!

Use w/in 30 days OPEN or not???

I bought some in anticipation of my August show and tucked 'em away ... never opened 'em.

Di_Can_Cook said:
Use w/in 30 days OPEN or not???

I bought some in anticipation of my August show and tucked 'em away ... never opened 'em.

Opened.
Closed would be sealed so fine (unless they have an exp. date on them (don't think they do?).)

esavvymom said:
I just pulled up the U&CG online and they show "Use within 30 days"....so either I was remember it wrong- or they updated it.

I have started writing the date opened on the cap in permanent marker - or writing a "Use By Date". Because I would forget otherwise.

Thanks for this information! I have them in my refrigerator but I do need to start dating them. I am trying to take less to my parties right now but I may take what I have opened in the refrigerator and use them up!

I always take open bottles of sauces to my shows. I pour two of them over cream cheese* and serve them with crackers. The rest I place nearby. I encourage everyone to try each of them. I rotate through them pretty quickly. To make carrying them to shows easier I purchased one of those six-packs of small Cokes. It holds the sauce bottles perfectly. I just slip the whole thing in my fridge so I can grab it as I head out the door. *For most of my shows I use 1 block of cream cheese split in half. That way there's less waste of sauces or cream cheese.

Related to How Long Do Sauces Last When Open and Refrigerated?

1. How long can I keep homemade sauces in the fridge?

Homemade sauces, such as marinara or pesto, can typically last 3-4 days in the fridge. However, it is always best to use your own judgement and check for any signs of spoilage before consuming.

2. Can I freeze sauces for later use?

Yes, most sauces can be frozen for up to 3 months. Make sure to store them in an airtight container or freezer-safe bag to prevent freezer burn. Thaw in the fridge before using.

3. How long do store-bought sauces last?

Store-bought sauces can vary in shelf life, but they generally have a "best by" date printed on the label. Once opened, they can last anywhere from 1-2 weeks in the fridge.

4. How can I tell if my sauce has gone bad?

Sauces that have gone bad will often have a sour smell, mold growth, or a change in color and texture. If you notice any of these signs, it is best to discard the sauce.

5. Can I reuse leftover sauce?

It is not recommended to reuse leftover sauce as it can potentially harbor bacteria from previous use. It is best to only make what you will use and discard any remaining sauce.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• floccies
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • Jennie50
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • BlessedWifeMommy