• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do You Send Out Bulk Emails?

In this respect, it was just like mailing list management (like Constant Contact, etc). This was not really "creating a community", or chatroom or newsgroup because those types of groups are really 2-way communication. The way mine was set up was one-way announcement only.iContact costs $9.95/month. You can either use it in tandem with Tasty Tidbits or send your newsletters directly from Outlook. You must email all of your contacts for permission to send them emails. It is against policy to use Yahoo groups for communication.
scottcooks
Gold Member
I'm looking at iContact - $9.95/mo that tracks if people open emails, respond, delete, etc. What do you do?

It takes me 2-4 hours to send out my e-newsletter each month, that's too much. What do you do?

I just started using iContact in tandem with Tasty Tidbits. LOVE IT!

I tried using iContact and I personally never received the email, so I did not continue my subscription. I even tried to email myself at work and zilch.

I send my email directly from Outlook and it takes me about 15 mintues. I have 6 Newseltter groups in it and I send them out one right after another.

Deb,
If you don't mind me asking, how much does that cost you . . . using iContacts in conjunction with Tasty Tidbits? I currently subscribe to Tasty Tidbits, but struggle to actually send out my newsletter each month.

Thanks,
Angie

arbenyo said:
Deb,
If you don't mind me asking, how much does that cost you . . . using iContacts in conjunction with Tasty Tidbits? I currently subscribe to Tasty Tidbits, but struggle to actually send out my newsletter each month.

Thanks,
Angie

It's based on your number of contacts. Contact Joy for specific pricing.

Okay - I sent her an email. Thanks!

Love the new ring! :) It is my goal to have one of my own this year.

Thanks again!

Angie

DebbieJ said:
I just started using iContact in tandem with Tasty Tidbits. LOVE IT!
Oh that's just what I was emailing Joy about because i think I want to do this. I'll email you!

I have all of my contacts in a yahoogroup. I made the group so anybody can join, but only I can post an email. There is an add button so I can add all of the emails I get at my shows. It is easy and free.

cookingwithlove said:
I have all of my contacts in a yahoogroup. I made the group so anybody can join, but only I can post an email. There is an add button so I can add all of the emails I get at my shows. It is easy and free.
It's also against policy. The policies states that:
policies said:
You may set up a chat room or e-mail newsgroup ONLY to communicate solely with other Pampered Chef® Consultants about the business. Please do not mention, advertise or promote your Pampered Chef® business on any chat
rooms, other than those created for communicating with other Consultants.
Yahoo groups are email newsgroups and are therefore covered by the above restriction.

I actually used a Yahoo Group for the longest time to distribute my newsletters. I had it set up with no archive, so you couldn't access the past issues. I set it up that administrator only could send the email, so no chat back and forth. And I made the member list private, so nobody else could see the member list except for myself. In this respect, it was just like mailing list management (like Constant Contact, etc). This was not really "creating a community", or chatroom or newsgroup because those types of groups are really 2-way communication. The way mine was set up was one-way announcement only.

I use icontact and LOVE it!! I also use Mike's newsletters.. just saw it before I saw Joy's. :-( (Sorry Joy) Easy too!!

I used to use iContact and now use Oprius, as I can keep good records of my contacts that way as well. The only thing, you have to send an initial emails to all your contacts for their permission to send them emails. I really like their system.

iContact has a 15 day trial to allow you to try it out.

I would only set up your e-mail and a couple of test ones. You are more than welcome to use my e-mail as a test if you need to but I just created another yahoo address and e-mailed to that one.

It does NOT track if they delete it - tracks each open, clicks and forwards and you have the CHOICE of double-opting. I did not like the double-opt because I have some customers that are computer challenged and they coudl not grasp the concept of "confirming" that they wanted to receive the newsletter. I ALWAYS ask before adding anyone to my e-mails so the double-opt is not something I need.

PampChefJoy said:
I actually used a Yahoo Group for the longest time to distribute my newsletters. I had it set up with no archive, so you couldn't access the past issues. I set it up that administrator only could send the email, so no chat back and forth. And I made the member list private, so nobody else could see the member list except for myself. In this respect, it was just like mailing list management (like Constant Contact, etc). This was not really "creating a community", or chatroom or newsgroup because those types of groups are really 2-way communication. The way mine was set up was one-way announcement only.

This is the way I do mine as well. Everything is private and nobody but me is allowed to post. I did run it by my director and she said it was fine. Thank you Joy for confirming this. I felt that this was really in the spirit of the rules.

I use Joy's newsletter, copy it into Word and then do an e-mail merge with my customer list that I have in Excel. It individually sends out each newsletter (so no worries about anyone seeing anyone else's e-mail address or getting spam-blocked), and it sends automatically once I hit the "Merge" button, so it's super easy.

Chefstover2 said:
I use Joy's newsletter, copy it into Word and then do an e-mail merge with my customer list that I have in Excel. It individually sends out each newsletter (so no worries about anyone seeing anyone else's e-mail address or getting spam-blocked), and it sends automatically once I hit the "Merge" button, so it's super easy.

Just curious... does your ISP allow you to send them all at once? I know that Yahoo and Gmail limit you to something like 100 a day and then you can't send anymore for that 24 hour period or so..

PampChefJoy said:
Just curious... does your ISP allow you to send them all at once? I know that Yahoo and Gmail limit you to something like 100 a day and then you can't send anymore for that 24 hour period or so..

It doesn't send them all at the same time...just one after the other, etc. (and I have over 600 names). I use Bellsouth/AT&T. So far (knock wood) they haven't limited me :)

I use at&t email for mine & it only lets me send to 100 emails every hour. Kind of a pain but I was doing it through my work email address (work for my dad) and it was doing something to our email her so I stopped. It takes time I wish it would allow more but oh well.

scottcooks said:
I'm looking at iContact - $9.95/mo that tracks if people open emails, respond, delete, etc. What do you do?

It takes me 2-4 hours to send out my e-newsletter each month, that's too much. What do you do?

I was doing the same thing Scott...I signed up for the free trial at icontact because Mike (MyEmaildesigns) was offering a 20% off special this Summer on his newsletter service if I tried it. I signed up and then wasn't sure I was going to be "smart" enough to figure out how to track everything. so I sent icontact a cancellation email and someone CALLED me to see if they could help figure out hwat I was missing in the tracking process.... They walked me through what I was looking for and THEN offered me 20% off if I stayed. So my $9.95 per month fee was dropped and I "LOVE" icontact. Why? Exactly what we keep preaching.... Customer Service.

I also like that I can set a date to send my newslwtter out. It is delivered immediately and I like the different ways it lets you track. Give it a try ... set up a few test emails and see if you like it....

My .02

I also use and love Mike's newsletters and iContact

Ok...I'm a newbie here. So do you guys put together the newsletter content and send it to your newsletter service company of choice? Do you have an interface for updating your email addresses and such? Or does the service do the content?

Would someone mind forwarding me a recent newsletter fromy MyEmailDesigns so I can see what it looks like with PChef product in it? I have his sample, but I'd like to see a PC specific newsletter. [email protected]

Thanks! :)

PCGINA said:
IThey walked me through what I was looking for and THEN offered me 20% off if I stayed. So my $9.95 per month fee was dropped and I "LOVE" icontact. Why? Exactly what we keep preaching.... Customer Service.

I researched a few companies before settling on one that I would partner with for my premium newsletter services and I am really pleased with iContact! What clinched it for me was that their sales rep spent SO much time with me, going over all my scenarios and needs. Other companies -- they either didn't return calls or emails, or sounded really disinterested over the phone. I have called iContact a few times for technical and billing questions and they are really responsive and helpful. FWIW, I give them a thumbs up!

1. How do I access the bulk email feature?

To access the bulk email feature, log into your Pampered Chef account and click on the "Email" tab. From there, you can select the option for "Bulk Emails."

2. Is there a limit to the number of recipients I can include in a bulk email?

Yes, there is a limit of 200 recipients per bulk email. If you need to send an email to more than 200 people, you will need to split the list into multiple emails.

3. Can I personalize the email for each recipient?

Yes, you can personalize the email by using the "Mail Merge" feature. This allows you to insert the recipient's name and other information into the email for a more personalized touch.

4. How can I track the success of my bulk email campaign?

The bulk email feature includes a tracking option that allows you to see how many recipients opened the email, clicked on any links, and unsubscribed. This can help you measure the success of your campaign and make adjustments for future emails.

5. Are there any restrictions on the content of the bulk email?

Yes, there are restrictions on the type of content that can be included in a bulk email. This includes avoiding spammy language, using a clear and concise subject line, and providing an option for recipients to unsubscribe from future emails. For more information, please refer to our Terms of Use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ConniePC
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
missymssy
  • babywings76
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • chefmarey