• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do You Freshen up the Scent Your Home?

In summary, the conversation is about different tips and tricks for freshening up the scent of a home. Some suggestions include using Oust or Febreeze, candles, opening doors and windows, using plug-ins or homemade potpourri, using cinnamon sticks or powder, and using scented oils in a tart warmer. Some specific scents mentioned are pumpkin, cinnamon, apple, rosemary chicken, and orange. The conversation also touches on using leftover apple peels in a pot with cinnamon and water to create a pleasant smell during a party or show. The conversation also mentions the availability of Body Shop scented oils and their effectiveness in making a house smell like oranges.
AJPratt
Silver Member
Its been rainy here all day and it just smells a little damp inside. What tips or tricks do you use to freshen up the scent of your home?

Oust or Febreeze works really well here...

Candles.....

Getting the kids/husband out of the house works too!!

I love Bath and Body Works Wallflowers. I stocked up when they were on sale for $5 each.

I love Febreeze! And Clean Smelling Candles (like clean cotton, fresh linen, outdoorsy scents.....nothing heavy) I also like to open my doors and windows in the early morning, before it gets to hot!

Great question! Its raining here too and I just lit my candles. I need to find my tart warmer!

I definitely agree on the above, Febreeze and candles.

I lit some candles, but I once heard about boiling cinamin sticks or something like that.

I boil cinnamon all the time. Sometimes I just use plain old shaker style cinnamon. Just put about 1tbs in 2 cups of water and let it simmer. I will do this if I have made something smelly for dinner.

For a quick fix I use those plug-ins...but they're not worth their cost as they only last a few days.

I just did the cinamin and it is wonderful!!!

Potpurri. But make your own home mix from spices. DH did that and put it on every time we showed our house to sell. Can't remember all the spices but ground cinnamon was for sure one of them.

I use Febreze Air Effects and the original Febreze product. I really like the way the Air Effects takes the weird smells out of the house. IT EVEN GETS RID OF GARLIC AND ONIONS FROM THE KITCHEN!!

AJPratt said:
I just did the cinamin and it is wonderful!!!
Add a couple of whole cloves to the mix and a teaspoon of vanilla (or half tsp of PC double strength vanilla!), it will smell like you've been baking all day! If you have any orange peel, throw that in too.

Right now my kitchen smells like Rosemary Chicken and garlic. lolol

Normally I keep the B&B wallflowers going all the time - I pumpkin/cinnamon scents in the fall. And febreeze if there is a really strong oder like after cookng fish - or the cats litter box!

This morning I made cinnamon pull-apart bread before church and we could still smell it when we walked in the door afterwards! There is nothing that smells as wonderful as cinnamon!

If my mom burnt something; then she would sprinkle less then half tsp. ground cinnamon on a hot burner and then atleast part of your house will smell good, and you get to see pretty little sparks on the burner. But if accidently sprinkle it on the middle the you will have a nice little pile of cinnamon to look at.
Tonia

I'll have to try the cinnamon! Febreeze works the best for me; love that stuff;)

Since fall is rapidly approaching and I know I do all sorts of apple stuff in my shows, I have a neat thing I learned from a former consultant.
After you run your apples through the APCS add the peels , some water and some cinnamon to a pot and let simmer throughout the show. Smells wonderful and is a good way not to waste :)
also helps if the hosts house is less than pure smelling (animals, dinner, smoke, whatever)

Koolotus said:
Since fall is rapidly approaching and I know I do all sorts of apple stuff in my shows, I have a neat thing I learned from a former consultant.
After you run your apples through the APCS add the peels , some water and some cinnamon to a pot and let simmer throughout the show. Smells wonderful and is a good way not to waste :)
also helps if the hosts house is less than pure smelling (animals, dinner, smoke, whatever)
Do you use cinnamon sticks, or do you use PC Korintje Cinnamon?

I wanted something that smelled like baking and the cinnamin adn vanilla were perfect!

I use the Body Shop oils. My favorite is Satsuma and pour a couple drops in your tart burner and seriously within minutes your whole house smells like oranges!!! It's too funny because everytime I do it, people are like "What is that orange smell?" I then play along and act like I don't know what they're talking about!

It gets people everytime!;) It smells very good too!

Where do you find Body Shop?

Anne,You can find body shop in most malls or find a body shop rep that's what I do. A fellow teacher I work with sells body shop! It's nice because they run some really good deals right before x-mas and I don't have to drive over an hour to get there.

Thanks... nothing like that around here. There's a Bath and Body works, but that's it.

To be honest I always just use whatever cinnamon is in the hosts house! Smells great either way :)
I love Satsuma too!!!
I just did a party swap in the beginning of the summer and I got a ton of stuff free!
She did great too.

I can think of many things that my grandmother tried when I was growing up to try to make the house smell good, there were many, many, many stinky days with some of the trial and errors, lots of different scented potpourri that she tried to simmer and whew, not good. One smelled like cheap dish soap or something.

AJPratt said:
Where do you find Body Shop?

They have a direct sales company as well and I traded shows with a friend. They also get double points right now through August 31st so if you need anything, you'd be helping out a woman who is trying to stay home with her child!!:D

Here's the link, oh and there is a special right now:
http://www.thebodyshopathome.com/web/rebeccamauldin- YOU can take advantage of the NEW Aloe Collections SALE going on NOW…see below!

- YOU pay ONLY $3.95 shipping, no matter how much you order, delivered right to your home or you can ship a gift to a different address too as a separate order.

- YOU will receive a FREE PLUM Lipstick and Retractable Lip Brush with a $55 order (a $22.50 value)

- YOU make a difference when purchasing products with Community Traded ingredients!

NEW Aloe Vera SALE!!! COLLECTIONS are 25% OFF
Our NEW Aloe product line is FREE of added preservatives, fragrance and color.

Body Collection ONLY $54 (regular price $72)

· Aloe Caring Body Balm - $18

· Aloe Cooling Body Gel - $12

· Aloe Comforting Bath Oil - $16

· Aloe Gentle Shower Cream - $14

· Aloe Soothing Body Lotion - $12

Aloe FACE Collection ONLY $48.75 (regular price $65)

· Aloe Gentle Facial Wash 200 ml - $12

· Aloe Calming Toner 200 ml - $10

· Aloe Gentle Exfoliator 75 ml - $12

· Aloe Soothing Day Cream 50 ml - $12

· Aloe Soothing Night Cream - $14

· Ultra-Gentle Wash Cloth - $5

So, I did the cinamin, some imitation vanilla I had in my cabinets and a couple of small pieces of apple I had and WOW! It was AMAZING!

Cool Anne...glad you liked the natural version!

It was wonderful!

1. How often should I change the scent in my home?

The frequency of changing scents in your home depends on personal preference and the type of scent you are using. Some scents, such as essential oils, may last longer and may only need to be replaced every few weeks. Other scents, like candles or room sprays, may need to be replaced more frequently, such as every few days or weekly.

2. How can I make my home smell fresh without using chemical-based air fresheners?

There are many natural ways to freshen up the scent of your home. You can use essential oils in a diffuser, simmer a pot of water with herbs and spices, use natural room sprays, or open windows to let in fresh air. You can also try using natural cleaning products with pleasant scents to help keep your home smelling fresh.

3. What are some popular scents for the home?

Some popular scents for the home include lavender, citrus, vanilla, and eucalyptus. These scents are known for their refreshing and calming properties, making them great options for creating a pleasant atmosphere in your home.

4. Can I mix different scents together to create a unique scent?

Yes, you can mix different scents together to create a unique and personalized scent for your home. However, it's best to stick to scents that complement each other well, such as citrus and floral scents, or woodsy and herbal scents. Avoid mixing too many scents together, as it may result in an overpowering or unpleasant scent.

5. How can I keep the scent in my home consistent?

To keep the scent in your home consistent, it's important to regularly replace or refresh your chosen scent. You can also try using scent diffusers or scented candles in multiple rooms to maintain a consistent aroma throughout your home. Additionally, regularly cleaning and decluttering your home can help prevent any unpleasant odors from overpowering your chosen scent.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
baychef
  • Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies