• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do You Find Fairs/Festivals in Your Area?

In summary, if you are looking for local events, try contacting local schools, churches, and Lions, Moose, and Kiwanis groups. You may also want to start your own fair.
cooking4pchef
Hey, everyone! I am a newbie and I love this site. I am totally out of leads and I wanted to attend a fair in my area and I am unsure where to begin. Does anyone know where I can start?
THANK YOU!!!!:balloon:

Usually I look either in the community section of the newspaper. I have made friends with other vendors in my area, and usually when they hear of an event they email me the info too. I would say now a majority of my events come from the other vendors I meet.

Also, you could inquire at local schools/churches etc.

Go to a local chamber of commerce, they might have a list of events locally for the entire year. Our chamber produces a book for the entire state!

does this help?U can go to the local town office...they maybe able to help. I have also contacted the local Agricultural Society (if you live in a small town).

Ask other Consultants from different home-party companies - it is great to network with them and get new ideas and tradeshow/fair leads.........

IF they town you live in has county fair grounds you can always call them. Or call a local convention center to see if they have a lsit of up coming fairs.

Hey, Jeanna!!

There are several ways to get more info. Email me and I'll share wht I have since I'm in your area...

I have been making lots of calls trying to get into some fairs/fundraisers/openhouses ec... and I know there is a lady who is at everything and does not like to share. How do you handle a very pushy PC person who has the market on everyone in your area??

Hit man? Oh wait, that's illegal and HO would probably not like it very much. Sorry that was all I had.

merego said:
I have been making lots of calls trying to get into some fairs/fundraisers/openhouses ec... and I know there is a lady who is at everything and does not like to share. How do you handle a very pushy PC person who has the market on everyone in your area??

There's not much you can do about it. There is a very active ED who lives near me and she has the market cornered on all of the big fairs and festivals in this area. We worked with her to help her fill time slots for one fair at one time, but she isn't really fond of sharing. I feel your pain!

I would branch out and look into schools and churches who are trying to raise funds. Send them a fundraiser letter and ask for an appointment to meet with the fundraiser chairperson to present a PC fundraiser. Then just go from there. Eventually you'll get some on your calendar. Good luck!

merego said:

Is there a "Women Of Today" chapter in your town? You could contact them to see if there is a cons in their group or if they do a "fair".

Contact all: Lions, Moose, Kiwanis groups to see if they do a fair. Start your own fair...

Last edited:
Thanks, a friend of mine asked me to do a fundraiser for our sons highschool. I have never done a fundraiser, I have not even done my first show yet, so I am clueless on what to do. Bossy lady bumped me out of another big event that is coming up but I have dibs on this fundraiser now.
Thanks!!

Related to How Do You Find Fairs/Festivals in Your Area?

1. Where can I find a list of upcoming fairs and festivals in my area?

One of the best resources for finding local fairs and festivals is your city or town's official website. They often have a community events calendar that lists upcoming fairs and festivals. You can also try searching on social media for event pages or groups dedicated to local festivals.

2. How do I know which fairs and festivals are worth attending?

One way to determine if a fair or festival is worth attending is by doing some research online. Look for reviews or feedback from previous attendees, as well as information on the types of vendors and activities that will be available. You can also ask friends or family members for recommendations.

3. Are there any websites or apps specifically for finding fairs and festivals?

Yes, there are several websites and apps that are dedicated to helping people find fairs and festivals in their area. Some popular options include Eventbrite, Festivals.com, and FairsandFestivals.net. These websites often allow you to search by location, date, and type of event.

4. How far in advance should I start looking for fairs and festivals in my area?

It's best to start looking for fairs and festivals at least a few months in advance, especially if you are interested in participating as a vendor. Many events have application deadlines and limited spaces, so it's important to plan ahead. However, you can also find last-minute fairs and festivals by checking local event calendars or social media pages.

5. Can I participate as a vendor at fairs and festivals in my area?

Yes, many fairs and festivals allow local vendors to participate and sell their products or services. You can usually find information on how to become a vendor on the event's website or by contacting the event organizers directly. Keep in mind that there may be fees and requirements for participating as a vendor, so be sure to do your research before applying.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• katie0128
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
PCGINA
  • cooking4pchef
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies