• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do You Find Booths at Fairs/Expos?

They usually have a lot of info. I know here on Long Island (in New York) we have a publication that comes out toward the beginning of the year. They send it with the Sunday newspaper. They have a section that lists all the fairs in our area for the entire year.
katie0128
Silver Member
I'd love to do more fairs and such, but have no idea how to go about finding ones in my area. By the time I hear about fairs, it is usually a week or two before and even if I could get a booth, I don't have enough time to get it into my schedule. For those of you that do a lot of booths, how do you find them? For anyone in the Greater Cincinnati/Tri-State area, do we have any local listings of upcoming fairs/expos?

Did you delete your original post?? I tried to respond earlier and it said invalid link I thought I was losing my mind (let's not go there)

First I would recommend ordering the CD set on supply order called Booths Build Business. It is extremely infomative. Since you live in the Cincinnati area there will probably quite a few. Check out eventlister.com Without a membership you can at least see what is going on in you area in the next month.

I would contact your local Chamber of Commerce. They usually have information like that. I know here on Long Island (in New York) we have a publication that comes out toward the beginning of the year. They send it with the Sunday newspaper. They have a section that lists all the fairs in our area for the entire year. As soon as I get that I start making my phone calls. You can even contact your local churches. You may miss this years fair but they will contact you for the next one. Good luck!!

Kathytnt said:
Did you delete your original post?? I tried to respond earlier and it said invalid link I thought I was losing my mind (let's not go there)

First I would recommend ordering the CD set on supply order called Booths Build Business. It is extremely infomative. Since you live in the Cincinnati area there will probably quite a few. Check out eventlister.com Without a membership you can at least see what is going on in you area in the next month.

Yes - I did delete it... Apparently I was thinking faster than I could type and the title looked really strange...

Do you use eventlister.com?

Yes - eventlister.com and craftlister.com are sister sites. I do have a membership because I use it regularly. The CD set I was telly you about also has some other sites that I have not checked out yet

You could contact local churches and city halls to find out if they do fall festivals or other fairs. Most of mine are through those and word of mouth.

What kinds of fairs/expos do you participate in? I just checked out eventlister.com and at first glance, nothing jumps out as a "PC" event...

I do any craft fair in my area that does not specify hand crafted only What is your zip and I will give you an idea of what I might pick

Now I talked to someone in AR that lived in a small town and there were few events listed in her area.

For example Deerfield Days might work but you would have to contact the organizer because they are probably not the person that put in the listing. But it might be a perfect fit.

Jamboree in the Field maybe but not much time to prep if accepted. Please be aware that I didn't even check booth prices.

Great Miami River Days etc.

Kathytnt said:
I do any craft fair in my area that does not specify hand crafted only What is your zip and I will give you an idea of what I might pick

Now I talked to someone in AR that lived in a small town and there were few events listed in her area.

Me = 45052

I see quite a few events that could work - I don't lean oare the Flea Markets because that is usually people looking for something CHEAP. If the booth was really inexpensive it might help with some leads or something. There are some that will specifially say only hand crafted and those stay away from but look at the other festival listings. I see sevearl like the ones I listed above and more that would work.

I live on LI also and I'm just getting started. Which paper sends out this event info? I'll sign up now :)

cherylsam said:
I live on LI also and I'm just getting started. Which paper sends out this event info? I'll sign up now :)

It looks like you are responding to Dawn... It looks like she is no longer a member here.

I would go to you local papers website to see if there is more info there and call you Chamber of comerce.

there is another thread under "Booths, Fairs, and Festivals" talking about this also. You may want to pop over there. But you can also check with your area Chamber of Commerce. If you are in a large city, try the smaller towns on the outlying areas. I live in a small town, with lots of small ones...they love to have their festivals in this area. I just hope I can capitalize on it. :) Good luck!

Check local schools, this time of year they have many vendor events. Also in your local newspaper, churches, etc.

I second or third or fifth the reccomendation for the chamber.

I just came off a very busy fair and festival season ... one in June, one in July, one in August and two in September .... two of these were county fairs that my director is well connected with ... the others were smaller, local festivals that I found out about through my connections in the community or my recruiter knew about because she worked them last year.

I have little use for eventlister, quite honestly ... they only tell you about events a month ahead of time and that is WAY too far away for most of these events ... we signed up for some of the ones we did back in May.

I have gone to a provincial (or state) government website - and they had some listed there. Don't know if that will help you.

I have also just asked other DS Consultants on their leads - I share with a few different girls.

Related to How Do You Find Booths at Fairs/Expos?

1. How do I know which fairs or expos to attend?

To find booths at fairs or expos, first research events that align with your target market. Look for events that attract a similar demographic to your ideal customer. You can also reach out to local event organizers or chambers of commerce for recommendations.

2. How much does it cost to participate in a fair or expo?

The cost of participating in a fair or expo can vary greatly depending on the event. Factors such as booth size, location, and duration of the event can all impact the cost. Some events may also require additional fees for electricity or other services. It's best to contact the event organizers directly for specific pricing information.

3. How early should I book a booth at a fair or expo?

It's recommended to book a booth at least 3-6 months in advance, as popular events tend to fill up quickly. This will also give you enough time to prepare and plan for the event, such as creating marketing materials and stocking up on inventory.

4. How can I make my booth stand out at a fair or expo?

To make your booth stand out, consider using eye-catching displays, offering product demonstrations, or hosting a raffle or giveaway. You can also create a visually appealing booth by using cohesive branding and incorporating elements like banners, tablecloths, and signage.

5. Can I share a booth with another Pampered Chef consultant?

While some fairs or expos may allow booth sharing, it's best to check with the event organizers first to ensure it is allowed. Keep in mind that sharing a booth may require coordination and communication with the other consultant to ensure a smooth and successful event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• katie0128
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • zmkelly1
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
zmkelly1
  • ChefShalon