• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I use the Salad & Berry Spinner for more than just salads?

and just to let you know - I've been letting everyone try out the S&B spinner at my shows - and booked April solid because if it! I tell them how great it is for pasta - so the dressing doesn't all run to the bottom of the bowl. Also, it's great for black beans and corn for a Southwest Salad; for herbs - to dry before chopping/mincing them, so they don't turn to mush; and I also tell them about my one host who doesn't cook, but who could hardly wait to get the spinner - she uses it to spin dry her family's swimming suits after a day at the beach!I have a spinner and love it. I've used
twinkie10
Gold Member
Does anyone have any tips I can share with my guests about the S&BS? I'm compiling some tips to share with other consultants.

I usually tell my guests that it's important to wash the lettuce to get the chemicals off... even if it is bagged salad... and to spin it very dry so the salad dressing will stick to the lettuce.

Thanks so much for your help!

Twinkie

Try searching old posts... when it first came out we had a thread going for all the different uses for it.

I tell all my guests that it is very useful in that it is a salad & berry spinner, a colander set, and a salad bowl all in one. You can also use the bowl for other things like chips etc.

Yeah, I tried but didn't find too much. Must've done it wrong???

katie0128 said:
Try searching old posts... when it first came out we had a thread going for all the different uses for it.

I tried to look for it, but can't find it. Maybe if we're lucky, one of our super-duper, know-it-all cheffer buddies *cough*ann, janet, becky*cough* will go on a spinner search.

i think i will try it tonite and spin-dry my unmentionables :blushing: that can't go in the dryer... anyone else tried that???

one of my consultant friends did the demo at our meeting last night. She made a big deal about it being a great serving bowl, saying it can hold 5# of potato salad for your summer BBQ. Isn't that amazing???

That second thread is the one I was thinking of...

Thanks for finding it!

Here's a tip sheet from my Director's newsletter. There may be some duplicates from the above mentioned thread.
Deb:)

Attachments

• Salad spinner scripts and ideas.doc
    30 KB · Views: 498
Berry spinnerThank you to everyone who responded!!!!

I use it for olives, pasta, herbs, canned veggies like corn or garbanzo beans when I want to add them to a recipe

The bowl serves as a great popcorn bowl! Or another consultant joked when she was pregnant that it was the best ice cream bowl. I've heard of people washing the bras and undies in it too. That might be a great suggestion to have someone buy another. The last thing you want people to think is that they are eating lettuce from a product you've been washing your undies in also :eek:

wadesgirl said:
The bowl serves as a great popcorn bowl! Or another consultant joked when she was pregnant that it was the best ice cream bowl. I've heard of people washing the bras and undies in it too. That might be a great suggestion to have someone buy another. The last thing you want people to think is that they are eating lettuce from a product you've been washing your undies in also :eek:

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bsaxman said:
i think i will try it tonite and spin-dry my unmentionables :blushing: that can't go in the dryer... anyone else tried that???

I have about 5 quick stir pitchers and 2 salad spinners. I use one of my pitchers to "agitate" my unmentionables, then rinse them very well and dry them in the spinner! I love it!! i've sold 2 spinners since I started telling my guests this at my shows! :cool: I do make it very clear that I have a SEPARATE pitcher and spinner for this procedure. They are my portable washer and dryer! LOL!

Has anyone used their spinner to spin the grease out of browned hamburger? How easy is it to clean afterwards?

katie0128 said:
I tried to look for it, but can't find it. Maybe if we're lucky, one of our super-duper, know-it-all cheffer buddies *cough*ann, janet, becky*cough* will go on a spinner search.

Had to laugh that you put me in the same category as Ann & Janet!:D

THEY are pretty smart though! Next to them - I know nothing!

and just to let you know - I've been letting everyone try out the S&B spinner at my shows - and booked April solid because if it! I tell them how great it is for pasta - so the dressing doesn't all run to the bottom of the bowl. Also, it's great for black beans and corn for a Southwest Salad; for herbs - to dry before chopping/mincing them, so they don't turn to mush; and I also tell them about my one host who doesn't cook, but who could hardly wait to get the spinner - she uses it to spin dry her family's swimming suits after a day at the beach!

This the potty mouthed Ann, not the smart Ann!!! Love these ideas. I usually end my ideas for it by telling guests that they can take their gerbils for a carnival ride. But if they see liquid, the gerbil might be getting sick to his stomach :yuck: so you should get him off the ride (and I use the brake!!)

See...I'm sick not smart!!!:D

I had a first at a party recently...a woman asked "Why do you need to wash your lettuce? I never do." Her friends took care of the response. She still thought the salad berry spinner was a money grabber. That's ok...she may get e-coli or samonella at the rate she is going!

I found that the berry bowl in the spinner works great to get all of the water out of thawed spinach when making my spinach artichoke dip or the new Greek Torta. (no more cheesecloth!)

1. How do I properly clean and maintain my Salad & Berry Spinner?

To clean your Salad & Berry Spinner, disassemble all parts and wash them in warm, soapy water. Make sure to dry all parts thoroughly before reassembling. To maintain your spinner, periodically oil the gears and handle with a food-safe lubricant to ensure smooth operation.

2. Can I use the Salad & Berry Spinner for other types of produce besides salad and berries?

Yes, the Salad & Berry Spinner is versatile and can be used for a variety of produce, such as herbs, fruits, and vegetables. Just make sure to adjust the spinning time and speed depending on the type of produce you are using.

3. How long should I spin my salad or berries in the spinner?

The spinning time will vary depending on the type of produce you are using and how much water it holds. As a general rule, spin your salad or berries for 30 seconds and then check for desired dryness. You can always spin for a few more seconds if needed.

4. Can I put the Salad & Berry Spinner in the dishwasher?

No, the Salad & Berry Spinner is not dishwasher safe. It is recommended to hand wash all parts to ensure proper cleaning and maintenance.

5. Is the Salad & Berry Spinner BPA-free?

Yes, the Salad & Berry Spinner is made with BPA-free materials to ensure the safety of you and your family.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • RachelNguyen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
lacychef
Replies