• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Blueberries in the Salad and Berry Spinner!

In summary, Jae learned that rinsing the blueberries in a colander removes the excess water and saves time in the spinner. She plans to continue this process at the farm and also sell the berries at a show.
JAE
I'm so excited about using my Salad and Berry Spinner for my blueberries. I live just five miles from a blueberry farm, and I picked 6 pounds today. I usually go quite a few times every summer and freeze as many as I can.

In the past years, I've rinsed the blueberries using a colander. I let them drain for a couple hours. Then I run my hands through the wet blueberries with a few paper towels. Then I pour them out onto more paper towels, until they are totally dry before I freeze them.

Today, I rinsed them in the colander and put them into the spinner. It only took a few cycles of spinning and breaking until there was no more water spitting out. I love it! This will be so much easier and I'll use much less paper towel. I do put a paper towel in the spinner to soak up more water quicker. I learned that from Rachel Ray.

HEY! You should have told me you were going to pick blueberries!Which farm did you go to?

I go to the Gold Barn. Guess what? I'm going picking again, probably every other day if not every day until they close. Let me know if you want to join me.

Is there a farm that you like to pick from?

Is the Gold Barn on Riley or Quincey?

Gold Barn is on Quincy at the corner of 160th.

Now back to our regularly scheduled Salad and Berry Spinner program.

haha you girls are silly but thanks Jae, about the tip with the paper towel when I take my spinner to shows I usually sell 3 of them I will go ahead and tell them that tip as well. thanks

good tip about the paper towel :)
I don't have the PC salad and berry spinner, I have another brand, but I want to get the PC one.

Meredith I was the same way and I didn't have the PC one but when it was special i April I got it and didn't think for one I would use it or even sale any of them but I was totally shocked it was total opposite I sell quite alot of them.

1. Can I use any type of blueberries in the salad?

Yes, you can use any type of blueberries in the salad, such as fresh, frozen, or dried. Just make sure to thaw frozen berries before adding them to the salad.

2. How do I properly wash the blueberries before adding them to the salad?

To wash blueberries, place them in a colander and rinse them under cold water. Gently shake off excess water and pat dry with a paper towel.

3. What other fruits or ingredients pair well with blueberries in the salad?

Blueberries go well with many other fruits in a salad, such as strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, and mandarin oranges. Other ingredients that complement blueberries include feta cheese, almonds, and balsamic vinaigrette dressing.

4. Can I use the Berry Spinner to wash and dry blueberries?

Yes, the Berry Spinner is the perfect tool for washing and drying blueberries. Simply place the berries in the spinner, rinse with water, and spin until dry.

5. How far in advance can I add blueberries to the salad?

It is best to add the blueberries to the salad right before serving to prevent them from becoming too soft or mushy. However, if you need to prepare the salad in advance, you can add the blueberries up to an hour before serving. Just store the salad in the refrigerator until ready to serve.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tanya423
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
JAE
  • babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
Replies