• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I research my new OB/GYN's license?

S
sfdavis918
Does anyone know how to do this? I have a new-to-me OB/GYN that I am getting weird vibes from. She seems like a competent enough Dr, but seems overly paranoid about certain things.

Anyway, for my own piece of mind, I would like to research her a bit more. Any suggestions?

I don't know how to research this; however, I just wanted to tell you that if you're getting weird vibes, check into a new doctor (if you can). You want someone you feel connected to; if you're not comfortable, no amount of education or competence will ease your mind.

Just my .02. Good luck!

Sarah, try this site. http://www.medbd.ca.gov/lookup.html

I was going to say do some state research about her...they'll have record of malpractice, etc. Also, make sure she is board certified...just b/c she finished med school doesn't mean she is certified.

I agree with Diane, if she makes you feel uncomfortable find another doc...some people you click with and others you just don't.

I used to work or a OB for 11 years. I'd go to the state of Ca. website and look it up there.

sfdavis918 said:
I am getting weird vibes from.

Trust your intuition. We get those strange feelings or hear those little voices for a reason.

I agree with the others. The one doctor you want to feel comfortable and trusting of is your OB/Gyn. My endocrinologist was like that. Just weird and had no sense of humor or bedside manner. I found another doctor I love and who's alot more accessible. Sometimes you just have to keep looking until you find the right 'fit'.

If you go to google and search "rate doctors" several ways to find out what others think come up. Some are free, some have a fee. I had a friend who was switching doctors (she had 2 or 3 possibilities) and so she got "the low down" from those who had been to them. It helped her make her decision. Maybe you could see if anyone else felt the same way..just an idea :) If you've never done it, it's kind of interesting. I learned that everyone loves my doctor (as do I).

Related to How can I research my new OB/GYN's license?

1. Can I research a doctor's license?

Yes, you can research a doctor's license. All licensed doctors are required to register with the state medical board where they practice. This information is available to the public and can be accessed through the state medical board's website or by contacting them directly.

2. What information can I find by researching a doctor's license?

By researching a doctor's license, you can find information such as their name, medical school attended, date of licensure, any disciplinary actions or malpractice claims against them, and their current status of license.

3. How do I know if a doctor's license is valid?

You can verify a doctor's license by checking with the state medical board where they are licensed. Most state medical boards have an online verification tool that allows you to search for a doctor's license and see if it is valid and up-to-date.

4. Is it common to research a doctor's license before choosing them as my healthcare provider?

Yes, it is becoming increasingly common for patients to research a doctor's license before choosing them as their healthcare provider. This allows patients to ensure that their doctor is properly licensed and has no history of disciplinary actions or malpractice claims.

5. Are there any other ways to research a doctor's background besides their license?

Yes, besides researching a doctor's license, you can also look into their education and training, board certifications, and patient reviews. Additionally, you can check if they have any affiliations with hospitals or medical organizations, and if they have any publications or research in their field of practice.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab
  • naekelsey
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
missyciccolella
  • dkitten13
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies