• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I make my friend's house warming party a successful PC show?

In summary, the host wants to do a bridal shower-type show where the "host" gets host benefits. They are looking for advice on how to put together a show. Anyone have any suggestions?
riggs62
I have a previous host who wants to host a "House Warming" PC show for her friend who is moving from her parent's home to her first new house. She wants to do it kinda like a bridal shower utilizing a wish list in lieu of gifts and make her friend the "host" to get host benefit. Anyone have any ideas or flyers for invites?
The way she described it also makes the kitchen show seem like an after thought. I want the show to be foremost with the house warming as a simultaneous affair. I say this because this past host invited friends over for "chocolate" and there I was demonstrating kitchen tools, much to their surprise. Here we are, her show was last Thursday, and still no orders. Any help is appreciated!!
Thanks

That is a tough one. I know they've been talked about here before although I don't know that anyone has gotten back to us on their success. Off the top of my head so you'll need to tweak a lot:

I'm so excited to be moving into my new house/apt. With the move I've realized I need to update my cooking utensils. I'd love it if you could join me for a housewarming party that will be based around Pampered Chef. X consultant name will be making x and teaching us about all sort of wonderful kitchen utensils. Your orders at this show will help me earn free and discounted products. Please do not bring gifts as I really want to get a ton of pampered chef products so that I can have quality kitchen products in my new kitchen (maybe include something major that she wants like "hoping to have at least a $300 show so I can get a new set of cookware at 50% off). If you can't make it please check out /biz as you can place an order online (search for my name in the host search box). The show will be closing on x date so make sure you get your orders in before then. I look forward to entertaining in my new home.

You can contact my consultant, name, at phone if you have questions or prefer to place orders over the phone. Make sure you check out her website on x date (day after show) to get a copy of the recipe.

host name
host address
host phone number
host email

Nicely put, I think that will work out great. Thanks for the help!!

This is what I am using for a housewarming. Obviously yours isnt a bachelor :D But perhaps the idea will help you out a little :) Good Luck :thumbup:

Attachments

• bachelor house warming.doc
    71 KB · Views: 341
I know I may be in the minority, but I think it's crass to invite people to buy gifts for you.

I suggest that your host have a Pampered Chef show with the theme of come see my new home. If you send invitations for your hosts, create an invitation that lets people know they'll get to see the new place but is very upfront about the fact that they are being invited to a show where they can place an order for their own kitchen tools. Hopefully the host will have good attendance and great sales, meaning they'll get more stuff for their new kitchen.

I too, am wary about the etiquette of having a "wish list" and expectations of your guests to buy you gifts. I had always thought that this was reserved for "first homes" etc. This is a young single girl that is starting out, so I feel better about it. That's why I'm really trying to highlight the Show instead of the fact that she wants everyone to buy her gifts. Maybe we could focus on the host benefits and the more you purchase for yourself, the more our host will be able to earn to pamper her own new kitchen. That way everyone wins! What would Martha do?

Ok, so change "Please do not bring gifts as I really want to get a ton of pampered chef products so that I can have quality kitchen products in my new kitchen (maybe include something major that she wants like "hoping to have at least a $300 show so I can get a new set of cookware at 50% off)."

To be: Please do not bring gifts. I am hoping to have at least a $300 show so I can get a new set of cookware at 50% off.

And maybe add towards the end "after the show I'll give you a tour of my new place".

Instead of a cooking show, you could demo different products on a tour of the house. Have guests do a scavenger hunt for a product in each room.

lotion in bathroom
islice in office
measuring cup in laudry area
trifle bowl in living room

This forces the guests to think about Pampred Chef but allows them to focus on why they came - to see the new house.

As far as phrasing goes...maybe something like "adding a Pampered Chef product to your kitchen will help me earn free Pampered Chef products for my new kitchen."

All good ideas....I like it! I absolutely think that is the way to go.

Related to How can I make my friend's house warming party a successful PC show?

What is a "House Warming Booking"?

A "House Warming Booking" is a party hosted by a customer in their home to introduce their friends and family to Pampered Chef products and earn free and discounted products for themselves.

How do I schedule a "House Warming Booking"?

To schedule a "House Warming Booking", simply reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant and they will help you choose a date and time that works best for you and your guests.

What are the benefits of hosting a "House Warming Booking"?

As a host of a "House Warming Booking", you will receive free and discounted products based on the sales from your party. You will also have the opportunity to try out and learn about new Pampered Chef products, as well as spend quality time with your friends and family.

How many guests should I invite to my "House Warming Booking"?

We recommend inviting at least 10-12 guests to your "House Warming Booking" to ensure a fun and interactive party. However, you can invite as many or as little guests as you'd like.

Do I need to provide any snacks or refreshments for my "House Warming Booking"?

No, you do not need to provide any snacks or refreshments for your "House Warming Booking". Your Pampered Chef consultant will bring everything needed for the party, including samples of delicious recipes made with Pampered Chef products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NancyD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
espinoll
  • laylaleigh
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
missiemom
  • babywings76