• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Conquering Bed Bug Fears: Encouraging Your Guests to Come Over for a Party

I don't think everyone who is afraid of bedbugs is being paranoid. Some people just have a legitimate fear of bedbugs and should not invite people over if they are unable to take care of them.
I called a lady who wanted the DCB, it was more than she wanted to spend. So I told her about the January host special and encouraged her to book a party. Her excuse was......... I am scared to death to invite people over because of bed bugs, now let me explain, she doesn't have bed bugs she is afraid people would bring them into her house:yuck: I know this is just an excuse, but what kind of friends does she have? I guess there was something on the news about bed bugs and how easy it is for people to bring them into your house, but still......

LOL.... bet you will not hear that excuse again... I heard a few good ones in my 12 yrs with PC but not a fear of freinds bring bedbugs to the show.....

Thank you for that laugh! :)

"But dear, the party is in your kitchen...not your bedroom." ;) :D

I guess she doesn't leave her house either! If she does, SHE could bring them in HER OWN HOUSE! :eek: LMAO!

Ive been in ALL sorts of homes-
I am sure I am NOT alone-WELL the thought of bringing roaches home from some other homes definitely crossed MY mind more than once....I myself had seen evidence of problems in some homes! :yuck:
But never had a potential host tell me she did not want anyone over due to a bug problem

That is too funny!

My husband is an exterminator and he KNOWS he better not bring ANYTHING home with him. NO HITCHHIKERS allowed!

At first I was mostly concerned about roaches, but now I am more concerned about bedbugs and fleas! He is more afraid of ME than the bugs.

If he has a particularly "bad" job before lunch, he won't even chance it by coming home for lunch.

But, wow, what an excuse not to host a show!

Do we have a recipe for bed bugs???? LMAO too! Next....

Now you have to take a guess at what she does for a living....................she is a Travel Agent :)

cincychef said:
Now you have to take a guess at what she does for a living....................she is a Travel Agent :)

This just gets better and better

cincychef said:

sometimes knowing too much information is not a good thing! :) She obviously has seen or heard alot.

so funny, we were just talking about this at dinner the other night, our hostess is very concerned about them. I think we'll here this excuse more and more, as bedbugs are in the news. I think for some folks it is a real concern.
and a travel agent? can do most of it on the phone!

if you have the space, offer your home. I do it all the time. I love not packing my kit, dishes are easier and if I own it, they can see it!!

I've had people putting new floors down and other renovations as reasons not to have a party, but this tops it all. LOL.

lt1jane said:
if you have the space, offer your home. I do it all the time. I love not packing my kit, dishes are easier and if I own it, they can see it!!

I offer my home too (even to a co-worker to host a show a few years back before I dreamed of signing) and love not packing up my kitchen.

She sounds paranoid.

Related to Conquering Bed Bug Fears: Encouraging Your Guests to Come Over for a Party

What is "Now That's a Good One!"?

"Now That's a Good One!" is a collection of our top-rated and most popular kitchen tools and gadgets. These products have been tried and tested by our customers and have received rave reviews for their quality and functionality.

How do I know if a product is part of "Now That's a Good One!"?

To easily identify products that are part of "Now That's a Good One!", look for the special logo on the product page or catalog. This logo will also be displayed on the packaging of the product when it is delivered to you.

Are "Now That's a Good One!" products more expensive than other Pampered Chef products?

No, the prices of "Now That's a Good One!" products are the same as our other products. We want to offer our customers the best kitchen tools and gadgets at affordable prices.

Can I find "Now That's a Good One!" products in stores?

No, "Now That's a Good One!" products are only available through Pampered Chef consultants or on our website. This allows us to provide personalized customer service and support for all our products.

Do "Now That's a Good One!" products come with a warranty?

Yes, all "Now That's a Good One!" products come with our standard Pampered Chef guarantee. If you are not satisfied with the product, you can return it within 30 days for a full refund or exchange.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• LBurke
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Chef_2_Four
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Laura4
  • melissaboyd