• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help... Y'all Aren't Going to Believe This!

In summary, the guest says that she ordered items from the host, but never received them. The host told the guest that she did not have the items and the guest is now asking for a credit.
jaye
I just got a call from a guest that was at a show I did in May. She said that the host never gave her the products that she ordered.

She said that she has followed up with the host and the host says that she doens't have them.

OK, we are now at the END OF SEPTEMBER, the host never told me that she didn't receive items.

The items were not a direct ship to the guest, they were indeed sent to the host.

The guest is now telling me that she wants me to give her a credit! WHAT?? I don't have her money!

I am going to follow up with the host, however, she is out of the country visiting family in SOUTH AMERICA until October 18, and she has another show that she booked with me for October 20th!!

Can you believe this!??? This is crazy!!!

And if you wanted your stuff, why would you wait 4 months??? I don't get it!

I am certain that the host MUST have it... this is crazy!!!

THANKS!
Jaye

I have no idea how to handle this. I can't believe that though! It's just an insane situation. Maybe more seasoned Cheffers can give you advice...?

Thanks for agreeing that it is insane!!!

Thus far, I have emailed the host and asked for her to give the products to me and I will deliver them to the guest!

However, since she is still out of town for the next 4 weeks... it's a wait and see game! :)

I have never experienced this before!!
Jaye

OMGoodness! First of all, if I was a guest I would not wait 4 MONTHS to inquire about something I had not received. I would wait a month tops b/c of knowing the show may have stayed open longer.

You could go ahead and call home office and ask them to look the order up to make sure the items were not left off the packing slip.

Do you have this guest order in PP? Maybe the host forgot to turn that one in to you or something is why she does not have the products and did not call about missing ones. But then the problem next is, where is the guest's money? If she paid by check she could see if the check had cleared her bank.

Maybe all this will be straightened out when the Host gets back in town and she will have them, but why would she keeps someones order for 4 months. Especially, if she has booked another show b/c word could get out to those guest and really hurt her sales.

This is insane!

This happened to me before. It only took the guest a month to call me. I got lucky though the host had been in the hospital and I picked up the order the day she got home.

Same with me. I would up reordering everything.

Wow! I can't imagine how frustrated you must be. I would, as Jennifer suggested, check the orders for that show. If there was actually an order placed (and not just overlooked by the host), I'd check with the HO to make sure they were sent. After that, it's really up to the host.

While I have never had anyone from one of my shows do this, I have spoken with several people who said they ordered things from catalog shows and never got their products. I always tell them to talk with their host, first. Unfortunately, the host is usually the one who drops the ball.

Hope everything works out for you and your guest.

Hi again!

Thanks everyone!
I did check PP to make sure that the guest had placed an order. I was sure that she did, but since it was so long ago, I wanted to make sure I had clear in my mind what was ordered.

I did email the host, she is in South America visiting family, she actually replied to me. (I love email!)

She wrote that she gave the guest her order and the guest moved and probably lost it. Unbelievable! I guess I will let the two of them duke it out!

This is just craziness!

Can't wait to see where this leads!! :)

Thanks again everyone!
Jaye

Wow!!How crazy and twisted is all that!! Sounds to me like the guest may even knows she lost the stuff and is just trying to get her money back. I mean, if she really didn't get it, wouldn't she be calling the host before you? Good idea. Just let them settle it. Sounds kind of fishy to me!

That's exactly what I was thinking... if I didn't get my stuff, I would have been calling by the end of May, the show was May 5th!

Ha ha ha, she wants a credit for her order... um... no. :)

my Directer helped me when this happened.

she told me to tell the guest that since the order was placed and delivered that there was nothing I could do put help her try to get her the order from the host or give her the HO number to see if they might resend it.

However with you I would call her back and let her know that the host said it was delivered before she moved. As far the credit goes that is out of your control, you did your part and you have proof. Politely tell her that. It sounds to me like she waited until the host left the country thinking you would just handle while her friend was gone.

That is a good solution Brooke. Make sure that there is nothing further you can do to help, and give her the HO number. Let them deal with her, while you still come out smelling like a rose!

Makes me wonder if it's not a scam. Kind of funny she waited till the host was "Out of the Country" to call you for a refund or replacement?!? She probably has not considered you could contact the host via email. Have you told her you spoke with the host? That would be interesting to see what her reaction was to that. Keep us updated.

I'm wondering what the lady ordered and "lost?" I mean, a few bamboo spoons and an i-slice, I can understand getting lost in a move. If she bought cookware or SA, I can hardly see something like that getting misplaced.

amya said:
I'm wondering what the lady ordered and "lost?" I mean, a few bamboo spoons and an i-slice, I can understand getting lost in a move. If she bought cookware or SA, I can hardly see something like that getting misplaced.

I lost all sorts of things in my last move. I had boxes that never got unpacked that have gone missing that had all sorts of important items in them. You'd be surprised what can get lost in a move.

Lost or not she should remember getting it from the host and having it before the move! Something is really fishy here!

WOW I haven't had this happen to me yet..... knock on wood..... but this sounds really fishy to me.....

I agree with letting the guest know you have talked to the host and let them duke it out :) It amazes me how people think we can replace/refund without good reason. I don't know how many times I've had people come up to me at a show and tell me that they broke a stone, threw the pieces away, and want me to replace it!! Or they don't know when they bought it, who they bought it from but want me to get them a new one!!!

The guest's order:
2 QK knives
1 paring knife w/ sleeve
Can strainer
Easy Opener
ALL little things... the host emailed me and asked me to email her pix of the items so she could prove that she gave them to the guest!

HA HA HA!!!
I will follow up with the guest after I hear back from the host. The host said that she would handle it.
The guest is going to be mad if she can't find it, but there is nothing that I can do!

Thanks!
Jaye

As the old saying goes... "with friends like that."

Related to Help... Y'all Aren't Going to Believe This!

1. What is "Help... Y'all Aren't Going to Believe This!"?

"Help... Y'all Aren't Going to Believe This!" is a fun and interactive cooking class offered by Pampered Chef. It is designed to teach participants how to make quick and easy recipes using Pampered Chef products.

2. How long is the class?

The "Help... Y'all Aren't Going to Believe This!" class usually lasts around 1-2 hours, depending on the number of participants and the complexity of the recipes being made.

3. Do I need to have any cooking experience to attend this class?

No prior cooking experience is necessary to attend this class. Our trained consultants will guide you through the recipes and offer helpful tips and techniques along the way.

4. What recipes will be made during the class?

The recipes made during the "Help... Y'all Aren't Going to Believe This!" class vary depending on the consultant and the season. However, they will always be quick, easy, and delicious meals that can be made with Pampered Chef products.

5. Do I need to purchase any Pampered Chef products to attend this class?

No, you do not need to purchase any products to attend this class. However, if you fall in love with a particular product during the class, your consultant will be happy to assist you with a purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • lockhartkitchen