• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Needed: Create an Ice Cream Dessert for a Show!

In summary, the conversation revolves around a dessert called the Ice Cream Sandwich Torte. It is made with ice cream sandwiches, a pudding and cool whip mixture, and topped with cool whip and optional toppings such as roasted peanuts and sprinkles. The recipe can be found in the Delightful Dessert Recipe book and can be made healthier by using sugar-free and low-fat ingredients. Some people have also made variations of the dessert using different ice cream flavors and toppings. There is also a suggestion to demo the new ice cream sandwich maker.
krhodes74
Good Afternoon,
I have a host who is having a show next month and she wants to do some kind of ice cream thing that she saw at another show. She says she put ice cream sandwiches down and put a pudding/coolwhip mixture on top of that then put more sandwiches and topped with coolwhip. I am not sure of what this is. Could anybody help please and thanks.

It sounds like the Ice Cream Sandwich Torte from the Season's Best last Spring/Summer season.

Yes, I'm sure it was the torte. Man, that recipe is soooo good:D

I'm planning on making this for my show tomorrow night, but I have never made it before. Did I see on here somewhere that it can be made on the Chillzanne Rectangle Server? I'm hoping so because I don't have the Large Square as the recipe calls for.

I know the recipe she is talking about I did it for a show when I first started back in April. It is call Cool Cookie-wiches. It is in the Delightful Dessert Recipe book, page 27. They are really good. And infact you can make them a little healthier too by using sugar free pudding and lite cool whip and sugar free cookies. They taste awesome. Hope that helps out.

Ice Cream BarWhy not demo the new ice cream sandwich maker. I bought some soft store made cookies and will have the guests make their own. I will have jimmies and other candies to dip them in. Great way to promote the free product for June!!!!!

I've made it in the Chillzanne Rectangle Server. It fits, but barely. You'll have to make sure to compress it a bit. :)

Ice Cream CakeIce Cream Cake
2 boxes of ice cream sandwiches
1 large cool whip
2 bottles of caramel sundae topping{ or your choice}
Roasted peanuts

Line your 9x13 with 1 box of ice cream sandwiches{ you may have to cut to fit}. Then add on top of sandwiches half the cool whip .TH en pour on one bottle of topping. Then put on top of this the second box of sandwiches, then the rest of the cool whip, then the last bottle of topping. Then chop roasted peanuts and put on top.:)

The ice cream sandwich torte is so easy to make. I make it on the medium square and it fits with no room on the ends but i've never made it in the chillzanne server. If you are going to be demoing anything else and the show isn't too far from your house you can make it the night ahead and leave it in the freezer until it's ready to take to the show....i like it better that way then when you actually make it and eat it right away. If i'm not mistaken it's also in this season's best..

I have made the Ice Cream Sandwich Torte 3 times for family and various get-togethers. It is one of the easiest and fastest desserts to make there is. And the best part: EVERYONE LOVES IT!!!! I am thinking to trying to make it a low cal dessert by using Weight Watcher or Healthy Choice Ice Cream bars, FF choco pudding, FF cool whip, skim milk and a healthy choice sandwich type cookie. Has anyone else tried this? I would recommend this dessert to anyone. Kids love it, it serves a lot of people, it is not chocolate overload (you don't feel overly stuffed after you have it). I usually put sprinkles on the top. Would be great with red/white/blue sprinkles for the 4th holiday.

Have you made the Torte with Neopolitan ice cream sandwiches and pastel sprinkles? Beautiful!

What are "jimmies'?

Ann F said:
Have you made the Torte with Neopolitan ice cream sandwiches and pastel sprinkles? Beautiful!

What are "jimmies'?

LOL....depending are where you are from "jimmies" AKA sprinkles:D :D

Related to Help Needed: Create an Ice Cream Dessert for a Show!

1. How can I make an ice cream dessert for a show that will impress my guests?

There are many ways to create an impressive ice cream dessert for a show. One option is to make a layered ice cream cake using different flavors of ice cream and toppings. Another idea is to use unique serving dishes, such as waffle cones or cookie cups, to elevate the presentation of the dessert. You can also experiment with fun and creative toppings, such as crushed candy bars or fresh fruit.

2. What are some easy and delicious ice cream dessert recipes?

Some easy and delicious ice cream dessert recipes include no-churn ice cream, ice cream sandwiches, and ice cream sundaes. For a twist on a classic, you can also try making ice cream tacos using waffle cones and filling them with your favorite ice cream and toppings.

3. How can I make an ice cream dessert that is suitable for guests with dietary restrictions?

There are many options for creating an ice cream dessert that is suitable for guests with dietary restrictions. You can use dairy-free or vegan ice cream options, or make your own using coconut milk or almond milk. For those with nut allergies, you can use crushed cookies or cereal as a topping instead of nuts. You can also make a fruit-based sorbet for a refreshing and dairy-free option.

4. Can I make the ice cream dessert ahead of time?

Yes, you can definitely make an ice cream dessert ahead of time. Depending on the recipe, you may need to let the dessert soften at room temperature before serving. If you are making a layered ice cream cake, you can assemble and freeze it a day or two before the show. For ice cream sundaes, you can pre-scoop the ice cream and keep it in the freezer until ready to serve.

5. How can I prevent my ice cream dessert from melting too quickly?

To prevent your ice cream dessert from melting too quickly, make sure to keep it in the freezer until right before serving. You can also use chilled serving dishes or glasses to help keep the dessert cold. If you are serving the dessert outdoors, try to keep it in a shaded area. You can also use dry ice or ice packs underneath the serving dish to keep the dessert cool.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefcharity
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
BlessedWifeMommy
  • janakaylie
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies