• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Me Turn This Into Something

In summary, My wife came home from her CPA firm and said they wanted to have a Tax Day party, inviting lots of different folks. She said there would be about 5 people from her office there - so not much for sales prospects, but they asked if I wanted to come do a cooking demo of some kind. The gal who invited me tends to have grand ideas that become expensive for other people; I don't want to come as the caterer or something. I know they have a microwave, so I'm rethinking this that maybe I will go, and do a chocolate miracle cake for them, or maybe a Strawberry Margarita cake - Duncan Hines mixes are on sale this week for $1 each, and
scottcooks
Gold Member
:confused: My wife came home from her CPA firm and said they wanted to have a Tax Day party, inviting lots of different folks.

She said there would be about 5 people from her office there - so not much for sales prospects, but they asked if I wanted to come do a cooking demo of some kind.

The gal who invited me tends to have grand ideas that become expensive for other people; I don't want to come as the caterer or something. I guess on the good end, there could be 8-10 people who come check it out, but on the bad end, it would be a funky kind of office party.

I know they have a microwave, so I'm rethinking this that maybe I will go, and do a chocolate miracle cake for them, or maybe a Strawberry Margarita cake - Duncan Hines mixes are on sale this week for $1 each, and it would be a way to aim toward a HWC booking or two, perhaps.

Two questions:

1 - should I do it?

2 - How do I get sales or bookings out of it?

I guess I could go and give a recruiting spiel and that anyone who needed help paying their taxes, or who wanted to write off their grocery food bills as a tax writeoff (we can!) should look into this business. What are your ideas?

How about offering for their order to be tax free if they book a show? Good information for them on taxes and being a consultant...

On recipes, you can do the Greek Cheese Torta with just a microwave. Skip the bread and serve it with Rosemary and Olive Oil Triscuits.

I voted you should do it...and maybe do a drawing for "no taxes" on your order.

I think you should do it. I love the ideas of the "Tax Free Orders"It will be contacts and you never know, those contacts might turn into future customers or consultants down the line!

I think you should do it, you never know what may come out of it. What if you a desert in the micro or the 10 minute pork tenderloin? :chef:

If you have nothing else going on, why not???

Sounds to me like you will be providing the good eats while they party! I probably wouldn't do it... but then again, if my spouse wanted me to it wouldn't take much coaxing for me to give in...

I voted you should do it too. I also love the idea of tax free orders. Go for it!!!

Yes...to the inexpensive cake variation or another low cost recipe.OR 'tax free' offer.With the caveat that only if you're not busy with another project :)

DO IT!! DO IT!!!! DO IT!!!!!

(did I say do it? ha ha)

I like office lunch parties. I have done three so far. If they are on their lunch break, they won't have time to see a demo and you will need to have something ready ahead of time. I got my second recruit at the first one I did. I just set up a display that they could look at before and after they ate and answered as many questions as I could.

I'd do the strawberry velvet cake ... or the torta if you don't know and trust how their microwave works. I'd be hesitant to use my office microwave, come to think of it.

I'd do tax-free orders over $70 and for anyone who books a show! Also book it as a business with a great tax deduction!

1. How do I turn my ingredients into a finished dish?

To turn your ingredients into a finished dish, you will need to follow a recipe. Pampered Chef offers a wide variety of recipes for all types of meals. Simply find a recipe that uses the ingredients you have and follow the instructions step-by-step.

2. Can I use any kitchen tools to help me turn my ingredients into a dish?

Yes, there are many kitchen tools that can help you turn your ingredients into a dish. Some helpful tools include knives, cutting boards, mixing bowls, measuring cups and spoons, and various cooking utensils. Pampered Chef offers high-quality kitchen tools that can make the cooking process easier and more efficient.

3. How can I ensure that my dish turns out perfectly?

The key to a perfect dish is following the recipe carefully and using the right tools. Make sure to read the recipe thoroughly before starting and have all the necessary ingredients and tools on hand. Also, pay attention to cooking times and temperatures and use a thermometer to ensure your dish is cooked to the appropriate temperature.

4. What if I don't have all the ingredients listed in the recipe?

While it's best to follow a recipe as closely as possible, there are often substitutions that can be made if you don't have all the ingredients. For example, you can use a different type of pasta or vegetable in a dish, or substitute a spice with a similar flavor. If you're unsure, you can always reach out to a Pampered Chef consultant for advice on substitutions.

5. Can I modify a recipe to fit my dietary restrictions?

Yes, many recipes can be modified to fit dietary restrictions. For example, you can use gluten-free pasta or dairy-free cheese in a recipe to make it suitable for those with allergies or dietary preferences. Pampered Chef offers a variety of recipes that cater to different dietary needs, and our consultants can also provide suggestions for modifications.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• melissaboyd
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
LarissaRed123
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies