• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you tried this delicious Quick Tortilla Soup recipe yet?

In summary, the author of the post suggests a tortilla soup that is made with chicken broth, salsa, lime juice, chicken, and cilantro. The soup is topped with broken tortilla chips.
lacychef
Have you gals & guys tried this? It was in last week's weekly bite. It is sooo good:) I made it for supper last week & then suggested it for my show yesterday. The guests went bananas over it! I made it with the Mexican Chocolate Cream Pie....that's going to be my first recipe suggestion this month:D :D :D

Me too!I tried this the other night and thought it was delicious! My family didn't care for it, but they are extremely picky and don't like most new recipes I try.

Tortilla soupPlease post recipe. Before i rejoined P.C. I had a party and she made a tortilla soup and can't find recipe hope this is it.:)

I tried it too. We liked it. I liked it better after I added sour cream and cheese to it in the bowl. I prefer thick soups, but it tasted really good.

jrstephens said:
I tried it too. We liked it. I liked it better after I added sour cream and cheese to it in the bowl. I prefer thick soups, but it tasted really good.

That's what I did too:)

Here's the recipe:

Quick Tortilla Soup

1/2 cup chopped onion
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix
1 garlic clove, pressed
6 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup thick and chunky salsa
1/4 cup lime juice
2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1/4 cup snipped fresh cilantro
2 cups broken tortilla chips
Toppings such as grated queso fresco, diced avocado, sour cream and diced tomato (optional)

1. In (4-qt.) Casserole, cook onion, jalapeño pepper, taco seasoning mix and garlic pressed with Garlic Press over medium-high heat 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add chicken broth, salsa and lime juice. Cover and bring to a boil; reduce heat to a simmer. Stir in chicken and cilantro.

2. Ladle soup into bowls using Ladle; sprinkle with broken tortilla chips and serve with toppings, if desired.

Yield: 8 servings

Related to Have you tried this delicious Quick Tortilla Soup recipe yet?

1. What ingredients do I need to make the Quick Tortilla Soup?

To make the Quick Tortilla Soup, you will need chicken broth, diced tomatoes, black beans, corn, cooked chicken, taco seasoning, and tortilla chips. Optional toppings include shredded cheese, avocado, and sour cream.

2. How long does it take to make the Quick Tortilla Soup?

The Quick Tortilla Soup can be made in just 15 minutes, making it a perfect weeknight meal option.

3. Can I make this soup vegetarian?

Yes, you can make this soup vegetarian by using vegetable broth instead of chicken broth and omitting the cooked chicken. You can also add in extra vegetables like bell peppers and zucchini for added flavor and nutrition.

4. Can I use a slow cooker to make this soup?

Yes, you can make this soup in a slow cooker. Simply add all the ingredients (except for the tortilla chips and toppings) into the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.

5. Can I freeze the Quick Tortilla Soup for later?

Yes, you can freeze the Quick Tortilla Soup for up to 3 months. Let the soup cool completely before transferring it to a freezer-safe container. When ready to eat, thaw in the fridge overnight and reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Kristina21
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
  • kcjodih
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Malinda Klein