• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you tried making Janet's PB Trifle as a torte?

We do this for our large spring/fall kick-offs...You may want to consider "thinner" layers in your trifle - divide into 4 rather than 2 when layering the trifle.Hmmm, I hadn't thought of that. Do you scoop them up ahead of time? I would have to do that, and I'm just a bit concerned about the logistics of storing it like that. Although, I guess storing pieces of this isn't going to be much easier, huh?
janezapchef
Gold Member
I know someone posted this awhile back, but I can't find it now. I'm sure I could if I searched long enough, but I don't have time to go through 500 posts to find it. Someone was going to make Janet's PB Trifle as a torte. If it's you or you've done it, I'd love some input. TIA, Jane :)

I don't like tortes as much, they seem much drier for me...and I'm busy at work and can't help you right now, but I feel so famous. :blushing:

I did the trifle at a bridal shower last week. It was LOVED! Thanks Janet for that recipe!!

janetupnorth said:
I don't like tortes as much, they seem much drier for me...and I'm busy at work and can't help you right now, but I feel so famous. :blushing:

Well, I think the "real thing" is absolutely the best. I want to make the torte version for a chocolate festival I will have a booth at because I think logistically it will be easier than the trifle. There's no cost for the booth, but I have to provide samples to 300-400 people, which of course costs! It's also a contest among the vendors. Last year I was the runner up with Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies. This year, I want to try something different (possibly, most people are telling me to just do the brownies again), and since I love this so much, I thought I'd try the torte. Worse comes to worse, I'll just try it. I just thought maybe someone had tips that had made it this way.

Bumping for the weekend crowd.

One hint for the trifles is to use your medium scoop and some little cups. Put one scoop in each cup with a sample spoon...it make the trifle last FOREVER! ;)We do this for our large spring/fall kick-offs...

You may want to consider "thinner" layers in your trifle - divide into 4 rather than 2 when layering the trifle.

Hmmm, I hadn't thought of that. Do you scoop them up ahead of time? I would have to do that, and I'm just a bit concerned about the logistics of storing it like that. Although, I guess storing pieces of this isn't going to be much easier, huh?

Related to Have you tried making Janet's PB Trifle as a torte?

1. What is the recipe for Janet's Pb Trifle as a Torte?

The recipe for Janet's Pb Trifle as a Torte includes layers of chocolate cake, peanut butter mousse, and chocolate ganache topped with crushed peanuts.

2. How long does it take to make Janet's Pb Trifle as a Torte?

The preparation time for Janet's Pb Trifle as a Torte is about 30 minutes, and the total time including chilling is approximately 4 hours.

3. Can I substitute any ingredients in Janet's Pb Trifle as a Torte?

Yes, you can make substitutions such as using a different type of cake or using almond butter instead of peanut butter. However, it may alter the taste and texture of the final product.

4. Is Janet's Pb Trifle as a Torte suitable for special dietary needs?

Unfortunately, Janet's Pb Trifle as a Torte contains dairy and gluten, so it may not be suitable for those with lactose intolerance or celiac disease. However, you can try to make modifications to make it suitable for your dietary needs.

5. Can I make Janet's Pb Trifle as a Torte in advance?

Yes, Janet's Pb Trifle as a Torte can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. This makes it a perfect dessert for parties and gatherings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sburnside
  • KellyTheChef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Partyof5
  • janezapchef