• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Helpful Spring Trifle Ideas for a Party Hostess

In summary, Janet wants to make a trifle for next Friday night, but doesn't know what recipe to choose. Rae suggests a Lime-Berry Mousse Trifle, which is one of her favorites.
babywings76
Gold Member
I have only made Janet's PB cup trifle so far. I have a host for next Friday and she thought a trifle sounded nice. She doesn't like bananas or chocolate or PB. She was thinking something that felt like a spring recipe. Any ideas?

She also wanted to do a dinner type recipe. This show is for 7pm. I told her that I typically do just one recipe for the sake of time and also because the recipes duplicate the tools needed and that can slow things down with needing to wash, etc. I told her that it could be something that is made ahead and put in the oven or something. THen she was thinking that the trifle could be the thing that was made ahead. I don't know what to think.

I'd like to do a show using the DCB, but what would be a good, quick dessert recipe that could be done also? Should I have her prepare stuff to layer a trifle ahead of time, and then I assemble it when I get there, but have a dinner recipe in the DCB be the demo?

I'm just inexperienced with other fruity trifle recipes to have a favorite to fall back on. And I don't want to do a microwave cake, since I might get her to pick a DCB recipe.

I really need advice on this. Anyone?

there is a multi-page trifle document under the files... you might want to look in there. There are a lot that don't have chocolate or bananas if I remember correctly.

If you go to my website you'll find several trifle recipes. If you're looking for something springy, I'd suggest the Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle.

I have the trifle recipe booklet from the files, it's just so many and I'm trying to find one that someone knows for sure works well, tastes good, easy, etc. Rae, I'll go to your site right now and check things out. Thanks! :)In the meantime, if anyone else has some more ideas, I'd still love to hear them. ;)

The Lime-Berry Mousse Trifle (in last S/S season's best, i think) is one of the best trifles I've ever had!

oh, i've just had the banana pudding trifle so far, so I guess I'm really no help.

1 pound cake
1 box of vanilla instant pudding
1 8 oz tub of cool whip
1 tsp. of coconut extract
3 cups of pineapple chunks, I cut them up even a little smaller so to make them easier to eat.
Shredded coconut

Take enough coconut to cover the top of the trifle, and toast in oven.

Cut pound cake into cubes

Mix pudding as directed, adding the tsp. of coconut extract,let set in fridge for a few minutes, then fold in half of the cool whip, let set in fridge till ready to use

This is where I usually cut up the pineapple while the pudding sets for a little longer.

To assemble:

1 st layer~~~~~~ 1/2 of the pound cake
2nd layer~~~~~~~ 1/2 of the pineapple
3rd layer~~~~~~~ 1/2 of the pudding mix
4th layer~~~~~~~ 2nd 1/2 of pound cake
5th layer~~~~~~~ 2nd 1/2 of pineapple
6th layer~~~~~~~ 2nd 1/2 of pudding
Top Layer~~~~~~~2nd 1/2 of cool whip
Then cover the top with toasted coconut

And there you have it a pineapple coconut trifle
The directions sound complicated but not so
easier than it reads.

DeeDee616 said:
1 pound cake
1 box of vanilla instant pudding
1 8 oz tub of cool whip
1 tsp. of coconut extract
3 cups of pineapple chunks, I cut them up even a little smaller so to make them easier to eat.
Shredded coconut

Take enough coconut to cover the top of the trifle, and toast in oven.

Cut pound cake into cubes

Mix pudding as directed, adding the tsp. of coconut extract,let set in fridge for a few minutes, then fold in half of the cool whip, let set in fridge till ready to use

This is where I usually cut up the pineapple while the pudding sets for a little longer.

To assemble:

1 st layer~~~~~~ 1/2 of the pound cake
2nd layer~~~~~~~ 1/2 of the pineapple
3rd layer~~~~~~~ 1/2 of the pudding mix
4th layer~~~~~~~ 2nd 1/2 of pound cake
5th layer~~~~~~~ 2nd 1/2 of pineapple
6th layer~~~~~~~ 2nd 1/2 of pudding
Top Layer~~~~~~~2nd 1/2 of cool whip
Then cover the top with toasted coconut

And there you have it a pineapple coconut trifle
The directions sound complicated but not so
easier than it reads.

I wish I liked Pineapple cuz that sounds so good!

I don't though, so I probably will never make this.

I wish I could make all these yummy sounding trifles! Keith, I just found that recipe in the S/S '07 one. Thanks for pointing it out. I think I'm going to gain so much weight as a consultant "practicing" all these recipes. ;)Hey Rae, I got a little sidetracked at your website checking out everything... it's so good! I love what you have on there! :)I'll have to try out the pineapple one, maybe that would be a good one to do come March so I can demo the pineapple wedger. :)

raebates said:
If you go to my website you'll find several trifle recipes. If you're looking for something springy, I'd suggest the Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle.

What is your website?

This is one my friend really likes, I've never tried it:
Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle
Ingredients:
• 2 quarts strawberries, sliced
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• 2 tablespoons almond extract
• ---
• 2--8 ounce blocks cream cheese, softened
• 1 C. sour cream
• 2 C. powdered sugar
• 1 t. vanilla extract
• 1/4 t. almond extract
• 16 ounce tub whipped topping or 1 pint cream, whipped
• 1 large angel food or pound cake, torn into pieces
Preparation:
Set aside some berries for garnish. Mix rest with sugar and almond extract. Set aside. Mix cream cheese, sour cream, powdered sugar, vanilla and almond extract. Fold in whipped cream.
In a trifle bowl: 1/2 cake, 1/2 berries, 1/2 cream cheese mixture, repeat layers. Garnish with remaining berries. Refrigerate.

I have also messed around with one that is like a strawberry shortcake trifle. I use strawberries, angel food cake, cheescake instant pudding, and whipped cream. I make it just like the double mocha brownie trifle but with those subs. and it comes out pretty good. I don't make it very often though because hubby doesn't like cheesecake. I tried to make it for moms night out get togethers, but they usually ask for the brownie trifle. There was also one on CC last year that was 4th of July themed, that one looked really yummy, I just wish I printed it out. I will see if I can dig it up :D

Strawberry Cream Trifle in the S/S08 SB. Everyone that tried this one loved it!

Tinascookin said:
What is your website?
It's the standard beginning for a website with /rae at the end.BTW, many of us have the tag to our PWS in our signature. Since we can't put the whole thing, we just put the /whatever part.

Last edited:
Hey, I just realized that I've got a tutti-fruity star. Cool.

babywings76 said:
Hey Rae, I got a little sidetracked at your website checking out everything... it's so good! I love what you have on there! :)

Thanks. Everything you liked was probably inspired by ideas I got from here on CS. :love:

kaseydee said:
Strawberry Cream Trifle in the S/S08 SB. Everyone that tried this one loved it!

This is a good one! :chef:

This is one I've made for years (even before joining PC and before the trifle bowl came out!) Angel Berry Trifle 1-1/2 cups cold fat-free milk
1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free vanilla yogurt
6 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 carton (12 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed, divided
1 prepared angel food cake (18 inches) , cut into 1-inch cubes
1 pint each blackberries, raspberries and blueberriesIn a small bowl, whisk the milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes or until thickened. In a mixing bowl, beat the yogurt, cream cheese, sour cream and vanilla until smooth. Fold in pudding mixture and 1 cup whipped topping. Place a third of the cake cubes in a 4-qt. trifle bowl. Top with a third of the pudding mixture, a third of the berries and half of the remaining whipped topping. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining cake, pudding and berries. Serve immediately or refrigerate.Notes--
*I used the whole 8 oz. block of cream cheese
*The yogurt I found was only 6oz, not 8.
*Cool-Whip--a small tub is 8 oz, and a large one 16oz (couldn’t find 12--OF COURSE I went for it and used the entire 16oz! )

I made the Strawberry Cream Trifle all summer last year from that Season's Best and everyone loved it!

stawberrys pound cake any find of pudding and cookies

This is my absolute FAVORITE trifle of all time!!

Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle
Ingredients:
• 2 quarts strawberries, sliced
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• 2 teaspoons almond extract (notice this is TEASPOON, not TABLESPOON!)
• ---
• 2--8 ounce blocks cream cheese, softened
• 1 C. sour cream
• 2 C. powdered sugar
• 1 t. vanilla extract
• 1/4 t. almond extract
• 16 ounce tub whipped topping or 1 pint cream, whipped
• 1 large angel food or pound cake, torn into pieces
Preparation:
Set aside some berries for garnish. Mix rest with sugar and almond extract. Set aside. Mix cream cheese, sour cream, powdered sugar, vanilla and almond extract. Fold in whipped cream.
In a trifle bowl: 1/2 cake, 1/2 berries, 1/2 cream cheese mixture, repeat layers. Garnish with remaining berries. Refrigerate.

Here is how I make pound cake from a boxed mix for use with the Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle:

Using a butter or yellow flavored cake mix, mix according to the package directions only add one extra egg and one small box of vanilla or French vanilla instant pudding mix (just the powder- don’t’ add any milk to it!)

Spray the LBP with Bakers Joy and bake at 350 degrees for 20-28 minutes or till done.

You can change up the flavors for different cakes-
Spice cake mix and vanilla pudding
Lemon cake mix and lemon pudding
Chocolate cake mix and chocolate pudding, etc.

If you like a dense moist cake- this one’s for you!

** When I make this for my trifle, I cut most of it up at home using the bread knife and then only demo cutting up one small piece. Bring your cake pieces in a medium SA bowl or round SA bowl!

You only need ½ to 2/3 of the cake for the trifle. Let your kids eat the rest!!

Help - I found a recipe on this site somewhere the other day for a caramel (or taffy) apple trifle and suggested it as an option to an upcoming host. Because I was rushed, I didn't write the ingredients down or save the thread. Now, I need it and cannot find it when I search or do an advanced search. Does someone have that recipe or can you direct me to the right place?

TIA

sburnside said:
Help - I found a recipe on this site somewhere the other day for a caramel (or taffy) apple trifle and suggested it as an option to an upcoming host. Because I was rushed, I didn't write the ingredients down or save the thread. Now, I need it and cannot find it when I search or do an advanced search. Does someone have that recipe or can you direct me to the right place?

TIA

Maybe you had gone on to Rae's website? She has it listed on there.

Here it is:Carmel Apple Trifle 16 oz caramel apple dip (found in most produce sections)
3 medium sweet apples (Gala, Fugi, etc.)
12 oz lemon-lime soda (cheap is fine, but diet won't work)
8 oz cream cheese, softened
8 oz whipped topping, thawed
1 t vanilla (or 1/2 t Pampered Chef vanilla)
1 frozen pound cake, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
Sweet Caramel Sprinkles (or chopped nuts) Pour the lemon-lime soda into a bowl. Core the apples and cut into small, bite-sized pieces. Put apples into lemon-lime soda, swishing to make sure that all of the apple surfaces are coated in the soda. (This will keep the apples from browning.) Mix caramel apple dip, cream cheese, whipped topping, and vanilla until smooth and well-blended. Place 1/2 of the pound cake cubes evenly in the bottom of your Trifle Bowl. Drain the apples and place 1/2 of them evenly on top of the pound cake. Spread half of the caramel mixture over the apples. Repeat using remaining pound cake, apples, and caramel mixture. Top with Sweet Caramel Sprinkles. This can easily be made a day ahead.

Thank you thank you thank you

1. Can I make a trifle ahead of time?

Yes, you can make a trifle ahead of time. In fact, it's recommended to make it the day before serving to allow the flavors to fully develop. Just be sure to cover and refrigerate it until ready to serve.

2. Can I use any type of cake for a trifle?

Yes, you can use any type of cake for a trifle. Pound cake, sponge cake, and angel food cake are all popular choices. You can also get creative and use brownies, cookies, or even donuts as the base.

3. Can I use frozen fruit in my trifle?

Yes, you can use frozen fruit in your trifle. Just be sure to thaw and drain the fruit before using it in the trifle. You can also use fresh fruit, canned fruit, or a combination of both.

4. How do I assemble a trifle?

To assemble a trifle, start by placing a layer of cake or cookie crumbs in the bottom of your dish. Then, add a layer of fruit, followed by a layer of pudding or custard. Repeat these layers until your dish is almost full, ending with a layer of whipped cream on top. You can also add additional toppings, such as chocolate chips or nuts, between the layers for added texture and flavor.

5. Can I make a trifle in a different type of dish?

Yes, you can make a trifle in a different type of dish. Trifles are traditionally made in a clear glass bowl or trifle dish, but you can also use a large mason jar, individual glasses, or even a large punch bowl. Just make sure whatever dish you use is deep enough to accommodate multiple layers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KimberleePowell
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • PCLaurel
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
nikkies
  • cookn' katie