• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have You Ever Tried Chocolate Covered Flowers?

In summary, the technique for making chocolate dipped flowers is to brush the petals with egg whites, sprinkle superfine sugar on top, and then dust with cocoa.
thechefofnorthbend
I know there is a showstopper for candied flower petals, but how about a chocolate dipped rose, or daisy? We did this in our culinary class once (of course I was ill) and I am trying to locate a recipe for this. The dipping chocolate must be thin enough not to distort the flower. Anyone out there ever done this or have a good technique for this?

I'm going to try and make the chocolate bowl to put candies in, kinda nervous about it coming out ok since I dont have a double broiler- but I am definitely doing the sugar coated roses! Good luck with them as a chocolate coat!

Please post pics! I can't wait to see :)

I just played around with this idea and the chocolate coating works, but you lose the definition of the flower, SOOOOOO, I decided to be sneaky and "dust" my roses.

I used white rose petals and cocoa powder (white or dark). I basicly followed the steps for the candied flowers, but after brushing them with egg whites (I used meringe powder and water), I sprinkled a light coating of superfime bakers sugar and then I used a sifter and some cocoa and dusted the flowers. It turned out GREAT!!!! If I could find my dam camera, I'd snap a picture! :D

thechefofnorthbend said:
I just played around with this idea and the chocolate coating works, but you lose the definition of the flower, SOOOOOO, I decided to be sneaky and "dust" my roses.

I used white rose petals and cocoa powder (white or dark). I basicly followed the steps for the candied flowers, but after brushing them with egg whites (I used meringe powder and water), I sprinkled a light coating of superfime bakers sugar and then I used a sifter and some cocoa and dusted the flowers. It turned out GREAT!!!! If I could find my dam camera, I'd snap a picture! :D

You better find that camera! They sound awesome :)

Yeah, those would be perfect for my choc. lovers show!

heat123 said:
Yeah, those would be perfect for my choc. lovers show!

Ok all...not the best quality picture (not the best quality camera) but this is what they look like. They taste unique...sweet and aromatic all at the same time...LOL

chocolate-rose-petals.jpg

Wow they look awesome! I may have to use this recipe instead of the sugar ones!

So messy but so fun. Once I have the technique down to a science, I'll make them with flavored colored powdered sugars too. :D

Can you just mix cocoa with powedered sugar?

So messy but so fun. Once I have the technique down to a science, I'll make them with flavored colored powdered sugars too. :D

I dont see why not. I wanted to have the cocoa "stick" to my flower for presentation, and the egg whites make it just wet enough that not allot of excess falls off. I do shake them off once they are dry enogh for me. They will store better and longer if the cocoa is "glued" to the surface.

Those look great! I will have to play around with that when I have some free time! (haha)

yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Did you know...that roses are a member of the apple family. Ever seen a rose hip? That's that big seed pod that forms on rose canes after it blossoms. Some roses, especially Rugosa roses, form rose hips that are as big as crab apples -- about the size of a quarter! And, in the fall they turn brilliant colors of red and orange, and sometimes even purple. And, being a true member of the apple family, rose hips are edible. There are tons of recipes for using rose hips. We've listed a few of our favorites below. Rose hips are also very high in vitamin C, and you'll often seen them listed as the main source for vitamin C in many commercially available Vitamins.

You can also eat rose petals. Sprinkle them on salads, use them as garnish, or make them into wonderful rose-petal jelly. (Dont forget the rose-petal wine!!)

thechefofnorthbend said:

That is a GREAT idea!!! I did a "How to Frost a Cake & Candied Flower SS" show for my aunt who's a florist the other day... and got nominated to make a candied flower cake for my cousins baby shower. Thanks for the tip!!!

1. What kind of flowers are typically used for chocolate covered flowers?

We typically use edible flowers such as roses, violets, pansies, and lavender for our chocolate covered flowers. These flowers are not only beautiful, but also safe for consumption.

2. Are the flowers completely covered in chocolate?

Yes, our chocolate covered flowers are completely dipped and coated in high-quality chocolate. This ensures that each bite is filled with delicious chocolate and the delicate flavor of the edible flowers.

3. Can I customize the type of chocolate used for my chocolate covered flowers?

Yes, we offer a variety of chocolate options including milk, dark, and white chocolate. You can choose your preferred type of chocolate for your chocolate covered flowers.

4. How long do chocolate covered flowers last?

Our chocolate covered flowers are best enjoyed within 2-3 days of receiving them. The flowers may wilt after this time, but the chocolate will still be safe to consume for a few more days.

5. Can I order chocolate covered flowers for special occasions?

Yes, our chocolate covered flowers make a lovely and unique gift for special occasions such as birthdays, anniversaries, and Mother's Day. You can also order them in bulk for events such as weddings or corporate events.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DeniseJoiner
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sklay723
Replies
Views
lindsaym
  • akrebecca
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies