• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have a Question, Not Pampered Chef Related

we live on the same property & she always wants to give them things at our house. Do you think she is purposely trying to make you and your husband feel bad because you are the only grandparents with kids her age? I don't think so, but it is definitely frustrating. She does have kids her own age that she can invite over, but she seems to think that the kids that go home at 6pm are somehow less deserving. I think you are right, she may be doing it as an excuse to buy things for herself, but I don't think it is really a gift if that is the case. I think you are right, she may be doing it as an
Chef_2_Four
my kids are my in laws only grandkids and always will be. hubby is an only child. my mother in law told me that they are getting the kids a swing set to go at her house. we live on the same property. we have 3 acres just to give you an idea, anyway she wants it at her house so that my 2 kids and the other 2 kids she babysits can use it. do you think i am being selfish for wanting their Easter gift at my house? i feel like anything big she buys, she does it with the thought of the other two can use it too. they got them a trampoline for their birthdays (they are 2 weeks from being a year apart). anyway she wanted to put it at her house so they kids she babysits could use it. me and my hubby put our foot down about that. so this isn't the first thing she will buy with the thought of so and so can use it. i just feel like they have to share their stuff, but the other two never do. like i asked before, am i being selfish? i don't mean to be, but darn buy stuff for my kids not the ones that go home at 6pm. thanks for letting me vent!

April I totally see how you feel I am sure she wants the kids she babysits for to be able to have fun at her house also. My son is the oldest grandchild and my mom has bought him Birthday presents for him BUT he had to keep them at her house. Now we live out of state and my niece has basically claimed everything as hers and when he goes to play on it let me tell you there is a fit to be had. So I totally dont think you are being selfish.

I feel your pain! I think I would feel like you do in this situation. If it's a gift, then it is specificaly for someone....and for the recipient of the gift to do with it as they please. If she is using the gift as an excuse to buy something she needs for another purpose, then it is not really a gift afterall. Hope that made sense.....I'm on your side!

I guess it would be a real kick in the pants if she used the "gift" as a write off on her taxes for a business expense.

But seriously, I can see how you would be upset! Do the kids all spend alot of time together? I think you are right. I have grandkids and I would never dream of buying them something and saying, but you can only use it at my house. What if you didn't live so close together?

thanks guys! makes me glad i'm not being crazy about it! I thought the samething, if she wanted one for her house, then buy one just because don't use my kids as an excuse to buy it. They are at her house everyday, but she can't take all 4 of them out at once because 2 of them run off and she has to chase them down. i guess she is wanting a swing set to keep all for of them right there, but my father in law is talking about building one for her so i don't know. anyway thanks!!

I'd do a huge clean-up of all of your kids toys. Sort a huge box of toys that you can't stand- they are annoying or loud, or they make your kids fight with each other. Take the box of annoying toys over to your moms house and instruct that they are to STAY there!

Maybe she does it so she can put it on her taxes. My cousin has a day care and all of her presents she buys her 2 kids for b-days, christmas, etc she writes off on her taxes. I am not sure I agree w/that because she doesn't let the daycare kids play with them.

Be happy they think of your kids, even if it does include other children.
Look on the bright side 3 acres isn't that big (we live on 2 1/2 the only time is seems huge is when I have to mow) & if it's at her hosue you don't have to entertain her while the children she babysits plays on it.

Our 3 are the oldest grandkids for my inlaws & they don't do anything for them..... they visit maybe once a year never when they can attend the kids activities, came for graduation last year left at 5 AM the next morning. Spent the evening of the graduation BBQ in our camper. We had invited too many people (over 130+) and they were mad we didn't visit with them.

They have hurt me many times in their favortism for their other 3 grandkids. (Who are hellions)
What it has taught me is how I will be a better MIL /grandmother!!!

Thanks! We talked, we are good! I was already in a bad mood when that came up so it is better now, I just took it the wrong way, and it came out wrong on her part. They are building a swing set from a frame that someone gave them. So it's ok! Thanks guys!

I am glad to hear that everything turned out fine.

1. How do I submit a question that is not related to Pampered Chef?

To submit a question that is not related to Pampered Chef, please visit our website and click on the "Contact Us" link. From there, you can fill out the contact form and select the category that best fits your question. Our team will get back to you as soon as possible.

2. Can I ask for cooking tips or recipes that are not related to Pampered Chef products?

Yes, you can definitely ask for cooking tips or recipes that are not related to Pampered Chef products. Our team of experts is always happy to share their knowledge and help you with your cooking needs.

3. Will I still receive a response if my question is not related to Pampered Chef?

Yes, our customer service team will respond to all questions, regardless of whether they are related to Pampered Chef or not. We strive to provide the best support possible to all of our customers.

4. Can I ask for recommendations on kitchen tools or gadgets that are not sold by Pampered Chef?

Absolutely! Our team is knowledgeable about a wide range of kitchen tools and gadgets and can provide recommendations for products that are not sold by Pampered Chef.

5. Is there a limit to how many non-Pampered Chef related questions I can ask?

No, there is no limit to how many non-Pampered Chef related questions you can ask. We are here to help and answer any questions you may have, regardless of the topic.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• fikibiff
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • Chef_2_Four
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
amy07
Replies