• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has Online Ordering Affected Show Attendance?

In summary, the online ordering capability has not had a negative effect on attendance but has increased outside orders for the host.
janetgia
I am returning to PC after several years away (signing next week when my new director is back in town!) and am pleased to see the online ordering capability. I'm wondering if you all have found that it has reduced show attendance, increased outside orders, or had no impact on show sales?

There were always those, of course, who didn't come to the party for whatever reason but ordered from the catalog - this doesn't change anything for them. But, in my "olden days" there was a bonus given to the host for getting 15 or more guests - if that still exists, I could see this being an "easy way out" for people who are on the fence about whether to attend, possibly costing the host her bonus. Does that bonus still exist, has this affected it, are you seeing smaller parties? Just curious - thanks!

Janet

On-line ordering hasn't negatively affected anything for me.

Sometimes there are extra incentives for # of guest sales for the host. But that isn't every single month.

WELCOME BACK TO PC!!!

There isn't a bonus for the number of attendees, just the total show amount. Having the option of online ordering really has come in handy for people who can't come. So many people like to do stuff on line these days, so there always seems to be a couple outside orders that were placed online for my hosts.

I don't think it has affected my attendance. I encourage my hosts to tell those who replied 'No' or 'Maybe' to attending to check out the website. Also great for those who live out of town or province/state.

It has DEFINITELY increased outside orders for me!

DebbieJ said:
It has DEFINITELY increased outside orders for me!
ME too - especially for those who are out of town. Just got 2 orders this morning for my show on Saturday. One was from OH, and the other was from NC! $100 in outside orders from people who definitely wouldn't be attending the show!

I agree it has not affected attendance but has increased outside orders!

janetgia said:
I am returning to PC after several years away (signing next week when my new director is back in town!) and am pleased to see the online ordering capability. I'm wondering if you all have found that it has reduced show attendance, increased outside orders, or had no impact on show sales?

There were always those, of course, who didn't come to the party for whatever reason but ordered from the catalog - this doesn't change anything for them. But, in my "olden days" there was a bonus given to the host for getting 15 or more guests - if that still exists, I could see this being an "easy way out" for people who are on the fence about whether to attend, possibly costing the host her bonus. Does that bonus still exist, has this affected it, are you seeing smaller parties? Just curious - thanks!

Janet

Welcome back, Janet! Lots have changed for the better!

We are no longer on a Points system. Once in a great while there is an extra for the host if he/she has "X" number of orders or if the sales are over "X$". These are in addition to the wonderful monthly host specials and rewards.

Party attendees vary from party to party. The website is a great tool as others have mentioned to have someone who wouldn't normally have a chance to order on someone's show without catalogs being mailed out to them in time to order online and place their order under the hosts name.

Our websites are also great for those who just want to order when they need something that normally wouldn't order because they don't want to go to a show or have a show. As you know there are lots of people who just prefer to do their shopping online whenever they want something. I have some customers that do this frequently and are very happy that we offer them this.
Who would refuse extra money/commission?

We also have an outlet on our websites of retired items for whatever reason that offers us and our customers a chance to pick up for a small fraction of the original price. While they are clicking to get to the outlet they sometimes check out our current line and order too. That is a bonus!

I don't think that our websites have really taken away too much business for most of us. Many times you get an order from someone you don't know who was referred by a friend and you end up with a new customer who may just be looking to have a show.

I probably went on more than you asked but thought you might like to know these facts too.

Sure appreciate all the feedback. Harriet mentioned the outlet area for retired items - are those orders tied to a particular consultant? The couple of times I ordered from there, it gave me contact info for a local consultant *after* I had made my purchase. Did those consultants get credit for my order? Or - does a consultant get credit for the order only if they get to the outlet through that consultant's personal site?

Thanks all!
Janet

The consultant who has the website through which the customer enters the outlet gets the credit. But, outlet orders are individual online orders, and consultants can't accept those until they qualify ($1250 career sales).

1. How has online ordering affected show attendance?

Online ordering has made it more convenient for customers to purchase Pampered Chef products without having to attend a physical show. This has resulted in a decrease in show attendance, but it has also opened up a larger customer base through online sales.

2. Will online ordering eventually replace in-person shows?

No, online ordering will not replace in-person shows. While online ordering has its benefits, in-person shows offer a unique experience for customers to see and try out the products, ask questions, and interact with a consultant. Many customers still prefer the personal touch of an in-person show.

3. How can I encourage customers to attend my shows when they can just order online?

You can offer exclusive deals or discounts for customers who attend your shows, such as a free gift with purchase or a special bundle offer. Additionally, emphasize the benefits of attending a show, such as the opportunity to see and try out the products in person, ask questions, and socialize with friends.

4. Are there any advantages to online ordering for customers?

Yes, there are several advantages to online ordering for customers. It offers convenience, as customers can shop from the comfort of their own home and at any time. It also allows for a wider variety of products to be available, as not all products may be available at in-person shows. Online ordering also often offers special deals and promotions that may not be available at in-person shows.

5. How can I use online ordering to supplement my show sales?

You can use online ordering to supplement your show sales by promoting your online store at your shows and offering special deals or discounts for customers who make online purchases after attending your show. You can also use social media to promote your online store and reach a larger audience. Additionally, consider hosting online shows for customers who are unable to attend in-person shows, but still want to purchase Pampered Chef products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Hathery
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
baychef
  • byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Jules711