• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host an Exciting Online Show with Easy Ordering | Tips from Sarah

In summary, Sarah created an online show that she markets to her friends and family. She sent out personal invitations and follow up reminders, and Pampered Chef does not process orders until September. She also provides a graph to show how much a host can earn.
sarahsworld2000
I need some ideas. I have a host who wants to do an online with me, and I've decided to mail out the mini catalogs to the guests. I was thining of printing up a invitation card that invites them to an online show, and explains how to order online. Has anyone else done this and if so, what did you say? I am not very creative so I have no idea what to put :)
Thanks,
Sarah

I've been doing a LOT of online shows since the evac from Japan in March. Actually, up until last month, I've done nothing but ONLINE shows to stay active. I wasn't mailing anything. No host packet, no mini catalogs ... nothing.

Here's what I do for the online shows:
  • Build the P3 show
  • Sync P3 with the Online Show
  • e-mail the host from the PWS (add in wording "ONLINE" in front of "Catalog Show")
  • Build a FB event on my busn FB Account (here's a sample of one from last month, I don't have any current ones open right now: https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=263839386967721)
  • e-mail the host from my regular e-mail account:
    Host,

I just established your online show & e-mailed you the link from my website. Please look for the e-mail. If you don't see it, check your spam folder. The e-mail has a clickable link & the password to sign in as a host so that you can do online invites & get copies of what's been ordered by the guests. I also built you a Facebook event. You can "like" my FB page at .../SheilaLovesPC, then show yourself as attending your event & start inviting your friends. I like to build the shows so that I can answer any questions as they are posted by your friends/family.

Here are some tips on how to have a successful show:

• Advertise! If you market to 5 people, you'll have the results of marketing to 5 people. If you market to 40, you'll have the results of marketing to 40. What if you marketed to 100? Or MORE? Look at it like a wedding shower. If you broadcast that you are getting married on Facebook, you won't have the same attendance as if you send out personal invitations. So the online invitations on my web page really help. Each person gets a personal invitation and it really does help improve the guest sales. Facebook is a good follow up & to reach those who are not on your e-mail list.
    • Follow up! If they showed an interest in ordering make sure you let them know around the end of the month that the show will close on the 2nd & see if they still wanted to order. Life gets in the way, so many people who don't stop & order when they first hear about it will forget before we close the show. So the reminder can help boost those last minute sales.
    • Pampered Chef won't see their orders until we send the show in on Sept 2nd/3rd. So make sure you tell anyone who orders NOW, that their credit card will not be processed until early September when their order is submitted & processed by Pampered Chef.
    • A couple of rules for Japan:
      • The military prohibits us from accepting mail from others unless we are their official sponsor with orders in hand. Therefore, we are not allowed to do "ship to host" ~ everyone that's there on Atsugi will need to pay direct shipping rates & have their own stuff come to them. But you are not limited to sales on Atsugi. You can market to your friends/family anywhere in the US and on other US Military bases around the world.
      • We do not pay import taxes & are therefore prohibited from selling to the Japanese. It's considered "the black market" and is punishable by the Japanese Customs officials. I highly recommend you stick to this rule! ;)

Remember that your host benefits are based on your guest sales. The more you sell, the more you can earn for free & at a discount. I worked up a little graph to show my hosts how much they can get when hosting an online show & wanted to share it with you:

{excel chart showing catalog benefits)

Our Hosts also get:
    • Free shipping on your order from this show
    • Booking Benefit ~ If any of your friends are interested in hosting a show in the next 6 months, make sure one of you tell me! If I put them in as a booking off your show and if they end up hosting in the next 6 months, you can get something off their host flyer at 60% off when they close their show. :D
    • 10% off anything else you want for a full year from your show.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask!

So far, I haven't had to spend any money sending host packets! I just had one host in Spain ask if I could send 2 catalogs to her Mother (one for Mom & one for Aunt) ~ because neither are tech savvy enough to shop online. She's already closed her show, but is wanting to do another one soon & wants them to have time to make a wish list this time. LOL

I send e-mail updates to the host when new orders come in giving them an update on where they are with their sales, what they've earned & what they'll earn if they sell $____ more to reach the next level.

Most e-mail me their wish list & I just call to get their CC info. I never say their full name on the phone & don't get their billing zip either by phone. I ask for the card #, the exp, then say "for security reasons, I'm not going to say it over the phone, but need to know if your billing zip matches your mailing zip? If they say yes, I'm good to go. If not, I usually have them e-mail it to me. Then I tell them that I'm not going to say your last name either, but need to know if the name on the card is how I have your first & last name, or is the card in Hubby's name? Is there a middle initial or name? That way, not ALL the info is given over the phone for the bad guys to steal. ;)

Love this info, Sheila! I've got a question about setting up the event in FB...for some reason, I don't see that option on my page. I know I'm probably overlooking it. Below my profile pic, I see "wall," "info," "photos," and "discussion" but no event. Any suggestions?I FOUND IT!!! LOL!

Somewhere in the setup is how you choose to have events show up under your photo. It's been too long since I did it. Can't remember right off hand how it was done.

Wow. Thanks Sheila for all the great advice! That was very helpful!
Thanks,
Sarah

You're welcome! :D

So the FB notice talks about bookings and says the booking benefit follows the host, not the consultant. I'm just getting started in PC (just over 60 days) but had not heard that before so just wanted to verify that. Say a friend of mine had booked a show from someone before I became a consultant. I could do that friend's show and the person she booked from could get the 60% hostess special at her show with me even though I didn't do the initial party. Man, that sounds confusing but thinking you know what I mean. LOL

Yes. If your friend booked off a show, the past host can get the booking benefit regardless of who the consultant is as long as your friend's show is within 6 months of the past host's show.BUT, you do not, under any circumstances, want to ask your friend to let you do her show instead of the other consultant doing her show. That's "stealing" a show from that other consultant and it's bad business. If the other consultant's not close enough to do the show, not available on the date or wants to help you with your new business & offers the show to you ... that's one thing. But don't be that consultant who tries to steal hosts.I'm on the other end. I know I can't do those cooking shows in Japan or Spain ... but I still want my past host to benefit when their friend hosts a show that I can't do. Therefore I still push the booking benefit for them, not for me. ;)

Related to Host an Exciting Online Show with Easy Ordering | Tips from Sarah

1. How can I make my online show wording more engaging?

To make your online show wording more engaging, try using descriptive and exciting words to describe the products and their benefits. You can also use humor or personal anecdotes to make the language more relatable to your audience.

2. What should I include in my online show wording?

Your online show wording should include a brief introduction, details about the products you will be showcasing, any special offers or promotions, and a clear call to action for viewers to make a purchase or book a party.

3. How can I effectively highlight the products in my online show wording?

To effectively highlight the products in your online show wording, use visual aids such as high-quality images or videos, as well as specific details about the product's features and benefits. You can also include customer reviews or testimonials to add credibility.

4. Should I use a specific tone or style in my online show wording?

It's always a good idea to use a friendly and conversational tone in your online show wording, as if you were speaking directly to a friend. Avoid using overly salesy or pushy language, as this can turn off potential customers.

5. Can I personalize my online show wording for different audiences?

Yes, you can and should personalize your online show wording for different audiences. Consider the demographics, interests, and needs of your target audience and tailor your wording accordingly. This will help make your online show more engaging and effective.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pctharper
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Monica9498
  • ejleinenbach
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • luvmypomeranian