• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has Anyone Made the Crusty French Bread Pizza Bites?

In summary, Amanda booked a show last Tuesday, and for the show, she sent a Season's Best recipe to the host. The host picked one of the rare recipes that Amanda hadn't done before and she wasn't impressed. Amanda said she usually makes new recipes at shows and is a "get up and wing it" type of person. Becky said that, if the recipe is a hit at the show, she'll try it at home too. Jennifer said that she has made this recipe before and it was good. Becky said that the one surprise for her was the Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad. The finished product is much better than the list of ingredients. Jennifer said that she has made this recipe before and it was good.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
For a show?

Interactively?

I booked a show last Tuesday in the middle of having the flu and in order for the host to get invites out and get ready in time I just send a Season's Best for her to pick a recipe.

Of course, she picks one of the rare ones I haven't done.

Show is tomorrow night, I'm not "worried" but wondering if anyone has done this a lot and if there are any tips.

:D

A girl in my cluster made these for us, I wasn't too impressed with the recipe. Far too many other options in the SB that I like better. Can you convince her to do one you have done before so you are more comfortable?--Okay, that sounded pretty negative. :) Sorry I don't have any tips for you. :)

I made these for our recipe parade at the beginning of the season and they turned out great!! Huge hit with everyone. I think they used about 500 worth of products too. That's using the forged cutlery and SS bowls. There's really not any tips I have, they were pretty easy and would make a great interactive show! Good luck!!

I made them at a show already and thought they were great. I got awesome reviews on them as well.
I say go for it, they are so easy so I don't have any tips, but are a yummy recipe

Sounds good - I agreed because I was very pleased with the list of tools to be used. ...just didn't know of taste. Thanks for the confirmation on them.I can usually make anything work at a show. I'm a very "get up and wing it" type of person. If I plan my shows are rigid and boring, if I just go to have fun and read the recipe there and make it interactive, usually all is good.

Amanda - don't worry, didn't take it as negative. If I wasn't sure I could pull it off, I wouldn't have agreed to it on Tuesday...just looking for any tips if anyone has done it. :)PC RARELY gives us "bad" recipes. I can only think of a few I don't like in the last decade of cookbooks and it is more personal tastes.

janetupnorth said:
Sounds good - I agreed because I was very pleased with the list of tools to be used. ...just didn't know of taste. Thanks for the confirmation on them.

I can usually make anything work at a show. I'm a very "get up and wing it" type of person. If I plan my shows are rigid and boring, if I just go to have fun and read the recipe there and make it interactive, usually all is good.
Me too! :D

Almost always, the way I try new recipes is to make them at a show. If it's a hit at the show, then I'll try it at home too.

Plus, I can usually tell by looking at a recipe if it's going to be good. The one surprise for me was the Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad. The finished product is much better than the list of ingredients!

Have you done this recipe yet Becky D?

janetupnorth said:
Have you done this recipe yet Becky D?

No - but you are going to laugh at why.

Because I can make French Bread Pizza anytime....and so, when I saw the recipe, I thought "Where's the challenge in that?".

I'm thinking part of the reason I'm a consultant is to always give me an outlet for new and different recipes to try!

For instance - the very first time I made your PB Trifle was at a show....and I forgot to bring the recipe with me! I had to do it from memory. (good thing I'd read through the recipe before leaving the house!)

And no, it really doesn't fluster me at all to cook like that in front of people!:D

I had someone ask me that at my Power Cooking Show Tuesday night - I just told them I'm a bit of a show-off....:p

I made them at home. They were very good. Since Russell does not eat all of the onions and peppers, I made him a pepperoni one to eat while I had to real good stuff!:D

Funny Becky, I am so like that too! I'm sure it'll turn out great then!I was thinking pepperoni might be a good option too...thanks Jennifer for confirming that works too!

ChefBeckyD said:
No - but you are going to laugh at why.

Because I can make French Bread Pizza anytime....and so, when I saw the recipe, I thought "Where's the challenge in that?".

I'm thinking part of the reason I'm a consultant is to always give me an outlet for new and different recipes to try!

For instance - the very first time I made your PB Trifle was at a show....and I forgot to bring the recipe with me! I had to do it from memory. (good thing I'd read through the recipe before leaving the house!)

And no, it really doesn't fluster me at all to cook like that in front of people!:D

I had someone ask me that at my Power Cooking Show Tuesday night - I just told them I'm a bit of a show-off....:p

I guess that's really what I was thinking when I tasted it. It was fine, but it just didn't impress me. KWIM? ;)

Janet I've done this at several shows and it's been a big hit every time. Enjoy!

Turned out great - very tasty. We made 2 as the recipe stated and made a second batch with tomatoes and cheese only on one and tomatoes, cheese and pepperoni on the other.

Related to Has Anyone Made the Crusty French Bread Pizza Bites?

1. How long do I need to bake the Crusty French Bread Pizza Bites?

The Crusty French Bread Pizza Bites should be baked for 10-12 minutes in a preheated 375°F oven.

2. Can I use any type of French bread for this recipe?

We recommend using a crusty French bread for the best results, but you can use any type of bread as long as it is sturdy enough to hold the toppings.

3. Do I need to use a specific type of cheese for the pizza bites?

No, you can use any type of shredded cheese that you prefer, such as mozzarella, cheddar, or a blend of Italian cheeses.

4. Can I customize the toppings on the Crusty French Bread Pizza Bites?

Yes, feel free to get creative and use your favorite pizza toppings. Just make sure to not overload the bread to avoid it becoming soggy.

5. How many servings does this recipe make?

This recipe makes about 8-10 Crusty French Bread Pizza Bites, depending on the size of your bread and how thick you cut the slices.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• valgal49
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • cookinmelissa