• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creative Ideas for Chicken & Veggie Dish - No Mushrooms!

In summary, the dish can be made with any type of chicken and can be seasoned with a variety of options. To make it vegetarian-friendly, tofu or tempeh can be substituted for the chicken and extra vegetables can be added. The dish can also be made ahead of time and reheated before serving. The best way to cook the vegetables is to sauté them with olive oil and seasonings or roast them in the oven. It is important to not overcook the vegetables for desired texture.
babywings76
Gold Member
I know we've discussed this in the past, but I can't find the thread...

I want to make this but add chicken and veggies to it. What veggies do you think would work well? I hate mushrooms, so I need something different. Also, instead of wine, I'm wondering if I should try more chicken broth or if I should do grape juice. Any ideas?

I would do more chicken broth. As for veggies, I'd go for the ususal suspects, peas, carrots, corn, broccoli, whatever ones you like. If you like squash, chunks of acorn or butternut. Whatever trips your trigger. I've added chicken to mine and it was very good. I also used regular milk instead of the heavy cream. Let us know how it turns out.

I WANTED to love this recipe when I tried it, but I found it bland, most likely because I didn't have the Moroccan Rub. Anyone have a substitute?

I didn't have moroccan either, I used the Indian Mild Curry powder and it was delicious!

Hi there! Adding chicken and veggies to a dish is a great way to make it more filling and nutritious. As for the veggies, some great options could be bell peppers, zucchini, carrots, or broccoli. These all pair well with chicken and can add some color and texture to your dish. If you're not a fan of mushrooms, you could also try adding some diced tomatoes or onions. As for the wine, grape juice could be a good substitute, but you could also try using a dry white wine or even chicken stock for added flavor. I hope this helps, happy cooking!

Related to Creative Ideas for Chicken & Veggie Dish - No Mushrooms!

1) Can I use any type of chicken for this dish?

Yes, you can use any type of chicken such as chicken breast, chicken thighs, or even chicken tenders. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

2) What are some creative ideas for seasoning the chicken?

Some ideas for seasoning the chicken include using a blend of herbs and spices, marinating it in a sauce or dressing, or using a dry rub. You can also try using different types of salt, such as sea salt or Himalayan salt, for added flavor.

3) How can I make this dish vegetarian-friendly?

To make this dish vegetarian-friendly, you can substitute the chicken with tofu or tempeh. You can also add in extra veggies, such as bell peppers, zucchini, or eggplant, to make it a hearty and flavorful vegetarian meal.

4) Can I make this dish ahead of time?

Yes, this dish can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for a few days. Just make sure to reheat it thoroughly before serving.

5) What is the best way to cook the vegetables in this dish?

The best way to cook the vegetables in this dish is to sauté them in a pan with some olive oil and your choice of seasonings. You can also roast them in the oven for a different flavor profile. Just make sure to not overcook them, as they should still have some crunch to them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
mountainmama74
  • ChefBeckyD