• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Guest Placed Individual Order Instead :(

In summary, the host found out that the customer had placed an individual order and that it had been cancelled. The host plans to buy the cookware set and some other items and is wondering if the customer will order through the host's site again.
babywings76
Gold Member
I wish people would ask first if they aren't sure what they are doing on the website to place an order for a show.

I have a really nice catalog show host who asked about people being able to order things from the outlet and the HWC stuff. I explained it to her (that's another thread I posted the other day.) So this morning I wake up to this e-mail (we've had some nice little e-mail exchanges and so we're casual in our tone with each other) :

Hey! My niece XXX XXXX said she placed an order, did you get it? For some reason it isn't showing up in my list on the site like XXXX and XXX did.

So I wrote her back:

I didn't receive any notice of it either. I wonder if she placed it as an individual order instead? You may want to double check that she went to my site (and not the regular pamperedchef.com one) and entered your name in as the host.

It has happened before where the order ended up showing up the next day, so maybe that's what happened. If it turns out she placed her order through the main site, or on mine as an individual order, then it gets processed right away with our Home Office and it's out of my hands. She can call our customer service number and see about canceling it. It's 1-888-OUR-CHEF. The sooner she calls the better, because they are really quick with processing orders and getting them sent out for shipping. (Which normally is an excellent thing, but in this case...)

I just got the email notification that the girl did in fact place it as an individual order. Plus she ordered a pink HWC product.

Then I get this e-mail from the host:

Okay I let her know. Also my plan here is to just spend what I need to to get up to the $300 so I can buy the cookware set and also the non stick 12 skillet at 60% off. I also have a few items to buy after that at the 20% off. Does that work out alright? Am I missing anything?

So now I'm wondering if I need to email her back what I've discovered. I don't want to be the bearer of bad news. And then to tell her about the pink item not being able to go on the show... Is it best to just let her tell the girl what I had told her previously and let the girl deal with HO on it?

Did the customer give you her contact information? If so, I'd just contact the customer directly. Let her know that she can return the individual order as soon as she receives it, HO will cover shipping back (she can keep the HWC item if she wants), but she'll need to place another order if she wants it to count toward the show.

Once I've called HO once I noticed it. I explained what happened. They have canceled customer's individual orders for me before. Then I just resubmit it on the show.

I went ahead and called HO to see. They said it's been cancelled and her card will be refunded. The guest was successful at reaching them this morning about it already. Yay! So...now I wonder if the girl will order through my site again or just tell the host what she wants. Hope this experience didn't scare her off! ;)Oh, and I checked, but she didn't leave her contact info. :(

Hi there,I completely understand your frustration with people not being familiar with the website and how to properly place orders for a show. It can definitely cause some confusion and delays in the ordering process.I just wanted to reach out and offer some assistance with the situation you described. It sounds like the order your host's niece placed did not go through as a show order, but rather as an individual order. This means that it will be processed and shipped directly from our Home Office, and unfortunately, the pink HWC product cannot be included in the show and will need to be cancelled by the niece.In regards to your host's plan to reach the $300 mark for the cookware set and 12-inch skillet at 60% off, I would suggest reminding her that only show orders count towards the show's total and not individual orders. So she may need to add a few more items to her order in order to reach that goal.I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and I hope this information helps. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. Thank you for your continued support as a Pampered Chef consultant.Best,

1. Why did my guest place an individual order instead of using my party link?

There could be a few reasons for this. Your guest may have accidentally clicked on the wrong link or may not have realized they needed to use the party link. They may also have wanted to place an order immediately and didn't want to wait for the party to close.

2. Will my hostess still get credit for the order?

Yes, as long as the order is placed during the active party period, your hostess will receive credit for the order.

3. Can I still earn hostess rewards for this order?

No, unfortunately, individual orders do not count towards hostess rewards. However, if your guest decides to join your party and add their order to the party, it will count towards your hostess rewards.

4. Can I combine my party link orders with the individual order?

Unfortunately, individual orders cannot be combined with party link orders. Each order must be placed separately.

5. Can I cancel the individual order and have my guest re-place the order through my party link?

Yes, you can cancel the individual order and have your guest re-place it through your party link. However, please keep in mind that once an order is placed, it cannot be modified. So if your guest wants to add or remove items, they will need to cancel the order and start a new one.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• blestmom
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
dianevill
  • pkd09
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
candiejayne
  • chefjessicah