• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grilled Pizza Disaster: Tips to Avoid a Black Bottom

In summary, the host is requesting a Grilled Pizza for the upcoming show in July. The person has tried making it at home but has not been successful, with the bottom of the pizza always turning out black. They are wondering if they can use a round pizza stone on the BBQ, but it may void the warranty. Another person suggests using the Italian Grilled Pizza recipe and turning off one side of the grill. They also mention using a pizza stone designed for grilling and making sure the grill is not too hot. The person is still unsure and considering changing the recipe for the show.
donnathepamperedchef
I have a show for the end of July and the host has asked for a Grilled Pizza. I have tried this twice now at home and have not had any success. The bottom of the pizza is always black, even my grandkids commented. Can I use the round pizza stone on the bbq? What am I doing wrong????:confused:

thanks Leslie, that is the recipe I have been using, I guess our bbq must just be too hot. I am thinking of suggesting the host change recipes, I just don't want to risk it being a flop

Try turning off the side you are using when you put it on - maybe your grill is too hot? I love this recipe! I just made a twist on it this weekend at home. I bought fresh greek flat bread at the farmer's market and made individual pizzas at home. I burt a few - I figured out that one side of my grill is hotter. Are you using the top rack? And only cooking it for like 3 minutes on the one side?

Hi there! Thank you for reaching out. Grilled pizza can definitely be a tricky dish to master, but with a few tips, I'm sure you will have success at your show in July. First of all, I would recommend using a pizza stone specifically designed for grilling, as it will help distribute heat evenly and prevent the bottom from burning. You can also try preheating the stone on the grill before placing the pizza on it. Another tip is to make sure the grill is not too hot, as this can also cause the bottom of the pizza to burn. If you are still having trouble, feel free to reach out to me with any questions. Good luck with your show!

1. How can I prevent my grilled pizza from having a burnt bottom?

To avoid a black bottom on your grilled pizza, make sure to preheat your grill to a medium-high heat and use a well-oiled grill grate. Also, try using a pizza stone or a cast iron skillet to prevent direct heat on the bottom of the crust.

2. What type of dough is best for grilling pizza?

A dough that is slightly thicker and able to hold its shape is best for grilling pizza. Avoid using a thin crust dough as it can burn easily on a hot grill.

3. Should I pre-cook the pizza crust before grilling?

It is not necessary to pre-cook the pizza crust before grilling. As long as the dough is properly prepared and rolled out to an even thickness, it can be placed directly on the grill.

4. Can I use any type of pizza sauce for grilling pizza?

Yes, you can use any type of pizza sauce for grilling pizza. However, make sure to spread a thin layer of sauce on the dough to avoid a soggy crust.

5. How do I know when the pizza is done grilling?

The pizza is done grilling when the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly. This typically takes about 10-12 minutes, but may vary depending on the thickness of the dough and the heat of the grill.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
carlajanes
  • erinpcmorgan
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
mscharf
  • ChefBeth2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies