• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pepperoni Pizza Twist: Should I Make it for a Show?

In summary, Janet is considering making a Pepperoni Pizza Twist for a show, but her recruiter advised against it due to past issues with the recipe not cooking properly. Despite the caution, Janet is confident in her ability to make it and is willing to give it a try, with the option to cook it longer if needed. Other individuals have had success with the recipe and suggest doing a test run beforehand. Ultimately, it is up to Janet to decide whether or not to make the Pepperoni Pizza Twist.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
I was going to make the Pepperoni Pizza Twist for a show tomorrow night, made it MANY times at home and like it...some of the guests already had the Aloha pizza and my round stones are broken so wanted a braid/twist...

Anyway, my recruiter suggested against it because she always had problems with it at show not cooking all the way through, etc. and having parts that were "doughy". I thought to take her advice, but am deciding right now to go ahead with it thinking, I can just watch it and always cook it a few minutes more...I think I've made it enough times to beat a potential "bad oven".

Any experience with this recipe out there to support doing it or caution with it????

Janet, I think since you've made it many times and are comfortable with it, you should just go with it.

As a fellow pizza lover, I can totally understand your dilemma! I've actually made the Pepperoni Pizza Twist before and it turned out great for me. However, I do think it's important to take your recruiter's advice into consideration. If she has had issues with it in the past, it's definitely something to keep in mind.That being said, I think it's worth giving it a try. You have experience making it at home and have had success, so that's a good sign. Plus, like you mentioned, you can always keep an eye on it and cook it a few minutes longer if needed.I would suggest maybe doing a test run before the show, just to make sure everything goes smoothly and you feel confident in making it for the guests. And as always, be prepared with a backup plan just in case things don't go as planned.Ultimately, it's up to you to decide whether or not to go ahead with the Pepperoni Pizza Twist. But from my experience, it's a delicious and fun recipe that's worth giving a shot. Good luck!

1. Can I use a different type of meat instead of pepperoni?

Yes, you can substitute the pepperoni with any other type of cured meat such as salami, prosciutto, or even bacon. You can also make a vegetarian version by using sliced vegetables like bell peppers, mushrooms, and onions.

2. How long does it take to make the Pepperoni Pizza Twist?

The prep time for this recipe is about 15 minutes, while the baking time is approximately 20 minutes. So in total, it should take around 35 minutes to make the Pepperoni Pizza Twist from start to finish.

3. Can I make the Pepperoni Pizza Twist ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the dough and roll it with the toppings, then wrap it in plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. When you're ready to bake it, simply remove it from the fridge and let it sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes before baking.

4. Do I need any specific kitchen tools to make this recipe?

The only special tool you may need is a pizza cutter to easily slice the twist into individual servings. However, if you don't have one, you can use a sharp knife or kitchen scissors instead.

5. Can I customize the toppings for my Pepperoni Pizza Twist?

Absolutely! You can use any of your favorite pizza toppings such as olives, sausage, or even pineapple. Just make sure to evenly distribute the toppings and not overload the twist, so it bakes evenly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gussey30
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Mommy2amo
  • pampered1224
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • angmillar