• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grill Pans on Glass Top Stoves: Exploring the Mystery

In summary, using a grill pan on a glass top stove has several benefits, including even heat distribution, convenience, and creating attractive grill marks. However, not all grill pans are suitable for use on glass top stoves, and it is important to choose one specifically designed for this purpose. To properly clean and maintain the grill pan, wash it with warm soapy water and avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials. When using the grill pan on a glass top stove, always use caution and follow safety guidelines to prevent damage to the surface. Additionally, for those with induction cooktops, as long as the grill pan is designed for use on induction, it can also be used on a glass top stove.
LBurke
Does anyone know why our grill pan can be used on glass top stoves and so many others can't?

Maybe because ours are flat on the bottom, and others may not be? I found this by doing a google search for glass top cooking surfaces:

"When selecting pots and pans to use on a glass-ceramic surface check the pan for bottom flatness. Pans should not extend more than 1-inch beyond the cooking area on a glass-ceramic cooking surface. On glass-ceramic surfaces a built-in temperature limiter will sense uneven heating when an oversized pan is used and lower the heat resulting in slow cooking."

Website referenced: http://lancaster.unl.edu/home/Articles/2001/Glass_CeramicCookingSurfaces.htm

I'm not 100% sure on this, but it could be the reason. A call to HO might be a good idea if you're getting the question a lot and want the right answer! HTH!

Ours is the flattest I've seen. Before I found PC I had bought three or four I'd had to take back cause I got them home and read the instructions and couldn't use them on my stove. I was sharing this story at a party and a customer asked about it. She was at another party Friday and I realized I still didn't have the answer.

Do I call the OUR-CHEF # for a question like that?

What are the benefits of using a grill pan on a glass top stove?

Using a grill pan on a glass top stove allows for even heat distribution and eliminates the need for an outdoor grill. It also creates beautiful grill marks on your food and helps to lock in flavor.

Can any type of grill pan be used on a glass top stove?

No, it is important to choose a grill pan specifically designed for use on glass top stoves. These pans typically have a flat and smooth bottom to prevent scratches or damage to the glass surface.

How do I properly clean and maintain my grill pan for use on a glass top stove?

To clean your grill pan, simply wash it with warm soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials that could damage the non-stick coating. It is also important to dry the pan thoroughly before storing it.

Are there any safety concerns when using a grill pan on a glass top stove?

Yes, it is important to always use caution when using a grill pan on a glass top stove. Make sure the pan is centered and stable on the stove and do not slide the pan around as this can cause scratches. Also, be sure to use oven mitts or pot holders when handling the hot pan.

Can I use my grill pan on a glass top stove if it has an induction cooktop?

Yes, as long as the grill pan is specifically designed for use on induction cooktops, it can be used on a glass top stove. Just be sure to follow the same safety precautions and cleaning instructions as you would with a traditional glass top stove.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• trps
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
doughmama
  • EMarth123
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • JanisF