• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grey's Characters Axed and "That Storyline" Praise the Lord!

In summary, the conversation is about the decision to cut a gay-themed story line from the television show Grey's Anatomy. Some people are glad that the story line is over, while others feel that it was a drastic decision. There is also discussion about whether or not watching the show conflicts with one's Christian beliefs, and some people have stated that they have stopped watching shows in the past due to their portrayal of premarital sex. The conversation ends with someone mentioning that they will switch to watching The Office instead.
jrstephens
I am so glad. :D I was going to give it another week or two and I was done if it kept up. I know that others of you are glad to hear this too.

http://tv.yahoo.com/grey-39-s-anatomy/show/36657/news/urn:newsml:eonlinekristen.com:20081104:TV-8d220a20f1880b272fa485fbc973f373__ER:1

And please don't bash me in this thread b/c it will NOT change my mind as anyone on here that has known me for long will know.:D

So Glad its over too.:thumbup:..No bashing here...Was just about to say Im so over Greys....Got better things to do than watch story lines like that.

So if they continue with the premarital sex you will continue to watch it?Robin

I can't say that I am sorry that the story line was cut. For me it just wasn't playing well and it had nothing to do with the lesbian arc. I don't have a problem with homosexuality but Callie and Hahn just didn't fit. IMO.

Jennifer...no worries, those who do know you don't need an explanation.

I agree Erin, the story line did not flow....but I seriously think it was drastic for her to be cut out completely.

After all, it is television people. Not real life.

(Jennifer you know I respect your view!!)

They are not discontinuing the story line--they are just getting rid of the mean doctor--they are going to continue the line with Callie---bummer. I hate that story line.

I have no problem with her being on the show as long as she likes men, HA! Vanessa and I have had this conversatin today already.

I think people must not have warmed up to her at all before they even went to this story line. She kind of is hard to like. I think she would have done well in her "I am mean" story line.

According to this part of the article the story line is being axed as well ..."Even more, I'm told by those who work on the ABC series that the gay-themed storylines and gay characters are being downplayed and even erased from upcoming scripts.."

If it is not axed I will quit watching it completely. The more I watch it the more I know that my Christian beliefs will not allow me to continue viewing it and have to hit "view tv" when Luke walks in the room to turn the DVR off.

Not bashing anyone... to each his own beliefs and feelings, that storyline was a small part of the overall show but yeah I agree that it didnt work well, it was akwardly written. My best friend of 15 years is lesbian so thats not it, it just was not well scripted.And I also agree with the question that if you are going to stop watching for the gay sex on the show why did you not stop watching for premarital sex... What in the bible holds one more action to be worse than the other?

I have never said that one sin is worse in the eyes of God than another. I do know that God will forgive all sins just the same.

And I think that most people that believe that both are a sin will say they can "stomach" seeing one over the other. Or at least most people that I know personally will say the same thing. And I have turned the channel or quit watching things before b/c of how they have protrayed premarital sex, so, I have quit watching shows for both reasons.

Either way my children would never be allowed to watch this show or anything on the same line of this show. I can "censor" some things in my mind well enough but my children cannot until they are older and more mature in their faith.

Once again, I did not start this thread for it to start bashing and hope it does not turn to that. If I had of realized another thread was already started, I would not have even started ither - I would have just joined that one.

Well, as for me and this show on my t.v., I knew a long time ago that I shouldn't be watching it. But, when that story line was thrown in my face, I decided to actually do what I knew was right all along. Watch The Office! LOL!

jrstephens said:
I have never said that one sin is worse in the eyes of God than another. I do know that God will forgive all sins just the same.

And I think that most people that believe that both are a sin will say they can "stomach" seeing one over the other. Or at least most people that I know personally will say the same thing. And I have turned the channel or quit watching things before b/c of how they have protrayed premarital sex, so, I have quit watching shows for both reasons.

Either way my children would never be allowed to watch this show or anything on the same line of this show. I can "censor" some things in my mind well enough but my children cannot until they are older and more mature in their faith.

Once again, I did not start this thread for it to start bashing and hope it does not turn to that. If I had of realized another thread was already started, I would not have even started ither - I would have just joined that one.

Not me! There are many popular shows I don't watch, because premarital sex, and affairs while married, are a part of the storyline. It's also why we don't go to movies much.

Philippians 4:8
Romans 12:2

Interesting how they just Ended the scene with Erica walking away. I wonder how they will write her off in the story in the next epi??
I agree, they didn't fit well as a "couple". I thought they should have kept them at BFFs maybe fighting for a guy lol. Callie should stick with Mc Steamy, he seems to kinda like her ;).

Personally I am glad that Erica is going to be off the show I couldn't stand her at all and I got the feeling that is the way it was heading last night when I watched it cause it seemed like she has been a problem child the whole time she has been there she has had issues with Cristina cause she was close to Burk and now with Izzy and now thank gawd she won't be there !!!!

Jennifer I don't judge you at all for posting this thread... Oh by the way the shirts i got from you works awesome fit!!!! Thanks again

Related to Grey's Characters Axed and "That Storyline" Praise the Lord!

What is the reason behind the decision to axe certain Grey's Anatomy characters?

According to showrunner Krista Vernoff, the decision to axe characters was made based on creative reasons and what was best for the storyline moving forward. It was not a decision made lightly and was done with the utmost respect for the actors and their contributions to the show.

Which characters are being axed from Grey's Anatomy?

As of now, the characters that have been announced to be leaving the show are Dr. Alex Karev, played by Justin Chambers, and Dr. Andrew DeLuca, played by Giacomo Gianniotti. Both actors have expressed their gratitude for the opportunity to be part of the show and have left on good terms.

What will happen to the storylines of the axed characters?

The show will address the departure of the characters and their storylines in upcoming episodes. The writers have promised to give fans closure and a satisfying conclusion to these characters' journeys on the show.

Will there be any new characters introduced to Grey's Anatomy?

While there has been no official announcement, it is highly likely that new characters will be introduced to the show to fill the void left by the axed characters. This is a common practice in long-running shows to keep the storylines fresh and interesting.

How have fans reacted to the news of the axed characters?

Fans of the show have expressed a range of emotions, from disappointment to understanding. While it is always sad to see beloved characters leave, many fans have also praised the decision for allowing the show to continue evolving and staying true to its roots of portraying the ever-changing world of medicine.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • chefkristin