• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Good News: DS Successfully Ditches Binky!

In summary, the "Good News: DS Successfully Ditches Binky!" article discusses a mother's success in helping her child give up their pacifier. It explains the importance of giving up the binky for dental and speech development reasons, and provides tips for successfully weaning a child off their binky. The article also mentions that the length of time it takes for a child to give up their binky can vary, but it is recommended to start the weaning process around 6-12 months. It is possible for a child to regress and want their binky back, but it's important for parents to stay consistent and not give in to their child's demands.
ahammons
Just had to share my good news... Lastnight was my youngest DS's first night without his binky! :thumbup: I'm so excited to finally get all those things out of the house! lol I was planning on taking it away soon anyway, but he actually did me the favor of losing the last one yesterday! He cried a little for it, but once I turned off the lights and he realized it was bedtime, he went to sleep pretty easily without it. :D My oldest had his for way too long (not going to mention the age! :rolleyes: lol) - I'm so glad that my youngest isn't giving me too hard of a time (so far)!

how old is your youngest? congrats, i'll probably take my daughters away after my husband deploys.

He's 18 months... I wanted it gone by his first birthday, but that didn't happen! lol

Good luck with taking your DD's away! :) I get to be the mean Mommy, and take it away while Daddy's gone! lol

Congrats Ashlee! Once he understands that it isn't coming back, I am sure he will be just fine!!

My sister in law used a "binky fairy" and they got some small game or toy in place of their binky. She said it worked pretty well. But congrats with your youngest, hope it works out.

Wow, I just realized it's been over a month! :thumbup: :D He didn't even miss it after the first night! lol

Related to Good News: DS Successfully Ditches Binky!

1. What is the "Good News: DS Successfully Ditches Binky!" article about?

The article is about a mother's success in helping her child give up their beloved binky or pacifier.

2. Why is it important for a child to give up their binky?

It is important for a child to give up their binky because prolonged use can lead to dental problems and delay speech development.

3. What are some tips for successfully weaning a child off their binky?

Some tips include gradually reducing the amount of time the child can use the binky, offering alternative comfort items, and positive reinforcement.

4. How long does it typically take for a child to give up their binky?

The length of time it takes for a child to give up their binky can vary, but it is recommended to start the weaning process around 6-12 months and it can take a few weeks to a few months.

5. Is it possible for a child to regress and want their binky back?

Yes, it is possible for a child to regress and want their binky back, especially during times of stress or change. It's important for parents to stay consistent and not give in to the child's demands for their binky.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedpals
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • pamperedpals
  • General Chat
Replies