• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Have Some Good News- Wanna Hear It?

In summary, Kacey was granted unemployment benefits because she was wrongly terminated and the state's original finding that she was eligible for benefits stands.
Kitchen Diva
Gold Member
The unemployment judge ruled in MY favor- and said I was wrongly terminated and was eligable for unemployment benefits and that the state's original finding that I was eligible for benefits stands and I do NOT have to repay them anything and they were in the wrong to fire them.

Some days I wish I was a jerk because I'd love to sue them for wrongful termination- I have it written in black and white that I was wrongfully terminated.. But money or hurting them wouldn't make me happy---at least for the long run it wouldn't make me happy.

Anyway- I had to pass on the good news! This judge was so nice and praise the Lord he made his decision in less than a week!!! not the 2-3 he said it would take! :)

That is so WONDERFUL!!!!!! I am SOOOOO SOOOOO SOOOOO Happy for you!!!!!!! Yippeee Yippeee woo-hoo

just had to put Regan in time out before bed. be back in a bit :)

Good news Kacey.

I should call this judge and ask him if he'd wanna be the judge for my sister's custody battle...

I am going to send him a thank-you card, however! :)

Kitchen Diva said:
I should call this judge and ask him if he'd wanna be the judge for my sister's custody battle...

I am going to send him a thank-you card, however! :)

And, will that be a PC Thank You card?;)

So happy for you, Kacey. Obviously a clear-cut case, if he made his decision so quickly.

Sarah

pampchefsarah said:
And, will that be a PC Thank You card?;)

So happy for you, Kacey. Obviously a clear-cut case, if he made his decision so quickly.

Sarah

I agree! :) Although we thought our hearing was clear cut today for my niece's safety and for some reason we were wrong...

Good to hear it went in your favor. However, if you have a case I would say go for it. Nice guys always finish last because we have a heart and feel it's the right thing to do yet it seems very unfair. If you were treated that way whose to say they won't do it to someone else in the future. This is just my opion so please take it with a grain of salt, but if you have something in black and white I would say to take some action against them. Again just my opion I know you have a lot going on right now so it may not be the right time. Either way, I'm still happy that something today did go in your favor.

that's not good news>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
THAT"S GREAT NEWS!!
one less thing to stress over :)

Humble Beginnings said:
Good to hear it went in your favor. However, if you have a case I would say go for it. Nice guys always finish last because we have a heart and feel it's the right thing to do yet it seems very unfair. If you were treated that way whose to say they won't do it to someone else in the future. This is just my opion so please take it with a grain of salt, but if you have something in black and white I would say to take some action against them. Again just my opion I know you have a lot going on right now so it may not be the right time. Either way, I'm still happy that something today did go in your favor.

I have considered making an example out of them, but I just don't know if suing them is the answer. My evil twin thinks it would be great to hit them where it counts, but my good twin thinks that what goes around comes around and I just don't know.

Don't worry about upseting me by suggesting that I go after them. It has crossed my mind, but like I said, I was found to be in the right by a judge and that feels good enough. That real estate office cannot afford to lose any more money and now they have to pay out $2800 or something like that to cover what I cost them in unemployment! :D:p

WooHoo!! I'm so happy for you:)!

Great news!!!

That is awesome news!!! Way to go!:)

Glad you got some good to balance the bad today. I hope things keep looking up and up. If you're looking up how can they not? :)

congratulations!!!

Congratulations!

As far as suing them, I think I remember you getting along well with some of the employees. A lawsuit could end up hurting some of those people if the company were to lose. Just another point of view. I am sure the owners losing the unemployment case was a big blow to them.

Well, FINALLY some good news from MN!

Please don't let them get away with it. I would sue them and get what you would have earned had you not been wrongfully terminated, with interest!

Yay! Glad to hear things went your way this time!! ((HUGS))!

Woo hoo! That's wonderful news.

CONGRATS---our prayers do work!! God is good!

Yippee!

Thank you Lord for providing this answer to prayers!

FINALLY...some good news from the Diva! Glad to hear this...

I am torn about retribution. On one hand, I think "why bother..more stress"? And then on the other hand, I think "they should pay for their obvious flaunting of the law"

I truly think you need to pray on it a bit and maybe weite out the pros and cons!

Last edited:
chefmeg said:

I am torn about retribution. On one hand, I think "why bother..more stress"? And then on the other hand, I think "they should pay for their obvious flaunting of the law"

I truly think you need to pray on it a bit and maybe weite out the pros and cons!

Exactly what I was thinking!

Congrats Kacey!

Wonderful News Kacey! I am soooooooo happy for you!

That's awesome Kacey! :) Thanks for sharing your good news!

chefmeg said:

Yes, I am torn as well. The people I did have a good relationship with have not spoken to me in months. When I reached out to a few of the agents that I had a good relationship with after I was fired, not one of them would return my emails or calls. So I wouldn't be worried about burning bridges- because there isn't anything to burn!

It would be nice to make an example out of them, especially since I was privy to information about how they wanted to do things to get other agents they didn't like to quit. People trust me, so they tell me pretty much everything, so I have a lot of information about other agents that they told me, that might be helpful for them to know, so they could take their offices to another Real Estate company...because they are working for people that are using them, and trashing them behind their backs.

I will pray on it- like I said... I would like to make an example out of them but I'm just not sure if it is the right thing to do. It sure would feel good to do it, but I'd rather turn them over to God and let Him deal with them!! :)

Kitchen Diva said:
Yes, I am torn as well. The people I did have a good relationship with have not spoken to me in months. When I reached out to a few of the agents that I had a good relationship with after I was fired, not one of them would return my emails or calls. So I wouldn't be worried about burning bridges- because there isn't anything to burn!

It would be nice to make an example out of them, especially since I was privy to information about how they wanted to do things to get other agents they didn't like to quit. People trust me, so they tell me pretty much everything, so I have a lot of information about other agents that they told me, that might be helpful for them to know, so they could take their offices to another Real Estate company...because they are working for people that are using them, and trashing them behind their backs.

I will pray on it- like I said... I would like to make an example out of them but I'm just not sure if it is the right thing to do. It sure would feel good to do it, but I'd rather turn them over to God and let Him deal with them!! :)

THAT is the best decision! I'm proud of your for standing on your principles instead of running to the nearest lawyer to sue them... which I do think they deserve, but maybe not from you.

However, maybe if you are "lucky" (is that the right word?), GOD will want to make an example of them and He will use you to do it. Regardless, it takes guts to be able to turn the other cheek and I'm glad to know that you are willing to do that!!! You will be rewarded for your faithfulness!

Forgive me if I sound harsh, but I support retribution. There are a lot of businesses out there that think the law is theirs to interpret. Go for retribution and word will get around...and maybe some other business will rethink what they are doing and one less person will have to go through what you have.

legacypc46 said:
Forgive me if I sound harsh, but I support retribution. There are a lot of businesses out there that think the law is theirs to interpret. Go for retribution and word will get around...and maybe some other business will rethink what they are doing and one less person will have to go through what you have.

No, you don't sound harsh...but as fun as Voodoo retribution or legal retribution sounds right now---turning them over to God will do much more than I could ever do from a worldly standpoint...

:D

Kacey,
So glad that you got some good news! I'm sorry about the hearing for your sister not going as well as you'd hoped. I'm sure it will all work out. Just keep praying! :)
God bless.
Amanda

Kacey,

I am so thankful God has sent you some blessings in all these times of trial that you are going through. God is God and this proves to so many that your faith is in the right place. Trials and tribulations make us stronger and you are living proof of it. Praise the Lord!

Great news Kacey!!! I am so happy things turned out your way!!

Related to I Have Some Good News- Wanna Hear It?

1. What was the outcome of your unemployment hearing?

The unemployment judge ruled in my favor and said I was wrongly terminated. They also ruled that I am eligible for unemployment benefits and do not have to repay anything to the state.

2. Did the state's original finding that you were eligible for benefits still stand?

Yes, the judge confirmed that the state's original finding was correct and I am still eligible for benefits.

3. Can you take legal action against your former employer for wrongful termination?

While I have written proof that I was wrongfully terminated, I have no desire to sue my former employer. Money or hurting them would not make me happy in the long run.

4. How long did it take for the judge to make a decision?

The judge made their decision in less than a week, despite originally stating it could take 2-3 weeks.

5. How do you feel about the outcome of the hearing?

I am very happy with the outcome and grateful for the judge's decision. Praise the Lord!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
Replies
Views
dianevill
  • pamperedpals
  • General Chat
Replies