• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Gifts for Qualifying Recruits: Ideas and Etiquette

effective (I don't remember the cost off the top of my head), and a great way to show your recruits that you value their business.My director just gave me my choice of any PC Cookbook when I qualified. I loved it because I didn't own any to take to shows with me.Mine did not give me anything.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
Do any of you give a gift to your recruits when they qualify? My director doesn't - but I'm wondering if others do? If so, what do you give?
Keep in mind, I'm not a director (yet) so I don't have access to director only type gifts. My recruit who just qualified worked really hard to get it done, and I would like to celebrate that in some way, but I want it to be something that I would feel comfortable cost-wise doing with the rest of my many recruits to come!:D :thumbup:

i do the catalog tote bag---I also ask that they e-mail me two tips from there new products too---1250. in sales---not just 4 party'sCongrats----

My director gives the hat pin.

I got a chef's hat pin when I qualified.

My director gives us the hat pin. My upline gives her consultant personalized apron stickers from Sticking it to Business.

I am thinking of doing the catty tote. I have one recruit right now (she has already qualified) but I don't want to "start" something unless I am going to continue it and can do it for each recruit.

ETA- perhaps I am looking at something that costs too much? I was thinking how it would impact their business, though....

I stocked up a while back with PC Calculators from Town & Country (yes... way back then and just gave away my last one!). They get that from me if they qualify in 30 days AND take all of the online courses.I actually get them to try to do the online courses between the time they sign and get their kit.

I was happy with any acknowledgment but I think a tote is a dandy gift a very practical (yes, I like practical gifts.. LOL) one...

I like the catalog tote - that's a useful gift to me.

The chef's hat pin is a nice gesture, but I never remember to wear it and I am a silver/white gold gal - not yellow gold.

I wish they offered those types of things in both yellow gold and silver.

finley1991 said:
I stocked up a while back with PC Calculators from Town & Country (yes... way back then and just gave away my last one!). They get that from me if they qualify in 30 days AND take all of the online courses.

I actually get them to try to do the online courses between the time they sign and get their kit.

That is such a great idea! She actually took all of the online courses in about 3 days time - she is doing everything right!

Funny, I was thinking the Catalog Tote too, but was wondering about the $15.....however, it is an investment into my business as well as theirs.....and Morfia, I like the idea about the tips!

Hee Hee, I think I am talking myself into the Catty Tote!:D

KellyTheChef said:
I am thinking of doing the catty tote. I have one recruit right now (she has already qualified) but I don't want to "start" something unless I am going to continue it and can do it for each recruit.

ETA- perhaps I am looking at something that costs too much? I was thinking how it would impact their business, though....
I was going to say that exact thing....only do something that you're willing to replicate with everybody. It's a great gesture to do something nice like the catty tote, but think about if you got 5 recruits in a few month period and they all qualified around the same time. Although it would be awesome to have such growth in your team, it could get expensive.

I just signed up a gal and i told her if she is wanting to get qualified within her 1st 30 days i will buy her the help whip cancer guest items for demos since i earned mine and it really got her excited and so i have a feeling it will set the pace i have another one i might do that for as well.

My director just gave me my choice of any PC Cookbook when I qualified. I loved it because I didn't own any to take to shows with me.

Mine did not give me anything.

I think it would be nice of them too though. You know how we all love our free stuff! HA! And it would be an additional incentive to qualify. I think I would be a "if you qualify in so many days on it."

I also got the chef's hat pin when I qualified. When our cluster hit a monthly sales record, my director gave us all the money deposit bag (I think from Merrill.) I picked up a couple from a fellow sister-clustermate, and gave 1 to my first qualified recruit. I think they are very cost effective.

I give the Chef's Hat pin (avail from Merrill Director's Store). I reserve the Catalog Tote for other incentives.

Mine didn't give me anything! But I just took my recruit to lunch when she qualified - my treat - and I help answer any questions she might have etc. It doesn't have to be lunch - you can meet for coffee...

I didn't get anything when I qualified. But, my Director did give me a red apron when I finished my 1st 3 months.

pamperedlinda said:
I didn't get anything when I qualified. But, my Director did give me a red apron when I finished my 1st 3 months.

Hmm....the red apron is for directors.

Then what does she give people when they promote to director?

At the time that I signed and qualified, my Director gave nothing. But sometimes she does. Heck, sometimes she has gifts for new consultants who make it to their first meeting. I know that it's not a big deal, but I do want to commend you, Becky, on wanting to be consistent.

DebbieJ said:
Hmm....the red apron is for directors.

Then what does she give people when they promote to director?
My cluster gives a black apron with your name embroidered on it (at least that's what they used to do).

Technically, you are supposed to recieve the chefs hat pin when you qualify, that is why it is called a qualifying pin!
And the Director has to buy it herself, to give to her cluster members when they qualify. You should mention it to your director, that you are wondering if your Qualifying pin has come in yet... LOL

Veevahchef said:
Technically, you are supposed to recieve the chefs hat pin when you qualify, that is why it is called a qualifying pin!
And the Director has to buy it herself, to give to her cluster members when they qualify. You should mention it to your director, that you are wondering if your Qualifying pin has come in yet... LOL
My understanding is that the chef's hat pin is per director discretion. Where as the silver whisk is provided by HO to anyone who hits $15,000.

The qualifying pin is at Director discretion. If it were a "must" then HO would provide it to Directors for distribution.

My Director bought the hat pin for me when I told her that I'd like to have one. I just wanted her to get it and I'd pay for it, but she was nice and gave it to me. I wear it from time to time and sometimes people comment on it.

They used to have it in the new consultant materials that you would receive a qualifying pin when you did 4 shows or $1500 in sales (Here in Canada anyway). But that was before, i was a Director, so maybe back then H/O did provide them! I just assumed that they are still a requirement (never heard any different), and I know I have had a couple girls ask when they were getting theirs even though I hadn't mentioned it yet. (Had to order more).

Hmmmm.... i guess I should have a look at all the new info in new kits ect, so i know what they are expecting from me. LOL.

However, i guess I wouldn't change that part of it even if I could. They really feel special when i present them with that pin in front of everyone at the cluster meeting, and it is not a real expensive gift, and it means a lot. :)

I gave my recruit a little gift basket with some supplies in it. A couple things he could use for door prizes, a pack of 99 cent pens, etc. It didn't cost too much and it helped his biz.

I've decided to start giving them their choice of the tablecloth or the briefcase on paperwork supply. I got the idea from an AD in my area.

I give the catalog tote when they qualify. They appreciate it, and it helps me in the long run as well.

my director gives the hat pin and a small package of business supplies (letterhead, blank bussiness cards, and some Nancy's stickers) I think she got it all from Nancy's.

I really need one of KG's laughing rolling on the floor smiles inserted here!!. Never recieved anything from my director ever!! At least a phone call would have been nice............<end of vent>

I got the gold chef hat too, and at every next meeting she was giving me something or another. Hand towels, cutting board, cookbooks, tote bags.. tonight at our cluster meeting she gave me a silver bracelet that says "share the dream, live your dreams" a long with so many other gifts, it was my 90days and best month ever! She really is a gift giver... pretty sure it is her "Love language"... some people are huggers. Some are wordy. Some give gifts. It is a matter of personality and preference. I am feeling pretty cool right now though...

Chef Stephanie Petersen said:
I got the gold chef hat too, and at every next meeting she was giving me something or another. Hand towels, cutting board, cookbooks, tote bags.. tonight at our cluster meeting she gave me a silver bracelet that says "share the dream, live your dreams" a long with so many other gifts, it was my 90days and best month ever! She really is a gift giver... pretty sure it is her "Love language"... some people are huggers. Some are wordy. Some give gifts. It is a matter of personality and preference. I am feeling pretty cool right now though...

Wow, can I have your director? When I promoted to FD all I got was, "3 more and you are a director". My director is on the cheap side!!:D

I qualified today! YAY! My director is giving me a $5 gift card to Starbucks. I think that's an inexpensive gift that means a lot. I will definitely use it!

mtayloruh said:
I qualified today! YAY! My director is giving me a $5 gift card to Starbucks. I think that's an inexpensive gift that means a lot. I will definitely use it!

Whooo Hoo - congrats on your qualifying!!

I give the Qualification pin when they qualify and in our cluster you get a red apeon when you promote to director

It would be nice to get a gift from my director, but I would talk up the "gifts" earned from HO when qualifying within 30 days. I think HO is very generous to hosts and consultants. I do appreciate that my director gives a small gift for each level I earn in sales each month. If I make it to $750 I get one pick, $1250 another gift, $2500 another, etc. The gifts are usualy current and old SBRC, recipe cards, Citrus Peeler, Quikut paring knives, 3 catalogs, etc. I did receive the towel set with the white dots at the first meeting I attended last year, but I can't remember if it was because I qualified or not. It would be great to get things only directors have access to.

My Director (SED) gives the gold chef's pin for qualifying..
She gave me a black apron with my name embroidered in Red for promoting to FD.
And a Director's Chair when we promote to director...

At National Conf. last year and got 5 red PC coozie cup holders ($1.95 each) one for each of my 5 recruits...at the time I just had one recruit.
I signed my 5th in December...so they are all gone now...(as are two of the recruits!) ... and now I have another recruit (signed in Feb) doing amazing! ($1700 show in May! and hit the $5000+ mark within 90 days...) and I don't have one to give her! She's going to National this year...so i plan on getting more then! I was giving these when they first signed...maybe I need to save them for when they qualify...but they are cheap enough...and I like that we can carry them around everywhere! Shopping at the grocery store I'll take a water bottle with my PC coozie !

Since I'm not quite a Dir...I don't have access to the director's stuff...SOON!
I wanna walk that stage in July - WAVE 3!

My recruit is submitting a show tonight that will make her qualified in her first 30 days ( WAHOO!!) and I want to give her something for doing such a good job! She already has the catalog tote ( one of her friends found it at a garage sale and bought it for her since she knew she signed up) so the catalog tote is out of the question....I thought maybe a pack of postcards from merrill??

I always like getting things I can use for my business: catalogs, invites, etc.

When I qualified, the director I had at the time gave nothing. I hated that. My last director gave out the chef hat pin, and I thought that was a good idea. She also gave a bag to new consultants when they signed to promote their new business, so I've been doing that with the catty tote (helps them see I'm committed to them, too - all that have gotten the catty tote from me have qualified and are doing well!). The pin is a "congratulations" type of thing, IMO. Since my director is now MIA, I asked my ED to mail some to me until I become a D, since I'm doing meetings with 5 people under me now. She was more than happy to do so.

Last edited:

1. Do any of you give a gift to your recruits when they qualify?

Many consultants choose to give a small gift to their qualifying recruits as a way to congratulate and celebrate their accomplishment. It is not required or expected, but it can be a nice gesture to show your appreciation for their hard work.

2. If so, what do you give?

The gift you choose to give is completely up to you and your budget. Some popular ideas include a Pampered Chef product, a gift card to a local restaurant or store, or a personalized note of congratulations. It's important to remember that it's the thought that counts, not the cost of the gift.

3. Keep in mind, I'm not a director (yet) so I don't have access to director only type gifts.

As a consultant, you may not have access to director-only gifts, but that doesn't mean you can't give a thoughtful gift to your qualifying recruit. Consider something small and meaningful, like a handwritten note or a favorite Pampered Chef tool that you love to use in your own business.

4. My recruit who just qualified worked really hard to get it done, and I would like to celebrate that in some way, but I want it to be something that I would feel comfortable cost-wise doing with the rest of my many recruits to come!

It's important to remember that you don't have to break the bank to celebrate your recruits' accomplishments. A small, thoughtful gift or gesture can go a long way in showing your appreciation for their hard work. Don't feel pressure to spend more than you're comfortable with - your recruits will appreciate the gesture no matter the cost.

5. Do you have any etiquette tips for giving gifts to qualifying recruits?

When giving gifts to your qualifying recruits, it's important to keep in mind a few etiquette tips. First, make sure your gift is appropriate and professional. Avoid anything too personal or expensive. It's also a good idea to give the gift privately, rather than in front of other team members, to avoid any potential feelings of jealousy or comparison. Lastly, remember that your gift is meant to be a token of appreciation and congratulations, not a way to make your recruits feel obligated or indebted to you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bill Faber
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
kitchendivinity
  • lovecookn
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
suzipooh
  • ChefBeckyD