• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Getting Your Team to Want to Recruit....

G
Gagescorpages
Okay- I am pulling up my big girl panties, digging out of my wallowing pity party and am getting back my Director title.
I need to recruit and qualify 2 this month to be a director April 1st.
This is unlikely, folks.
BUT - if I have 2 Senior Consultants (and 4 active lines... I have 7:D) then I will be a Director officially again on May 1st!
I am still bummed, but also SO SO SO relieved that I will not lose my team.
SO....
I am asking if any of you have had any contests or the like to get your team motivated to recruit. No one on my team has EVER recruited.
Any and all ideas are welcomed!!

TIA!!!
:D

I wanna know too! My team has not recruited - ever!

Set the expectation from the beginning. I tell them on their first coaching call / meeting that they WILL have people that will want to do this, and here's what to do. Then I walk them through the show and the recruiting talk, as well as full-service checkout. During coaching calls I ask them how they're doing with recruit leads and recruiting lines during their show, just as I ask them about their Booking talk, etc...

I expect them to recruit, they know the benefits of recruiting and they know that they don't have to do it all...they know that if they produce the leads, I'll sign them and train them until that consultant is comfortable taking a more hands-on approach to their recruits.

I totally agree about setting the expectation from the beginning. I dropped the ball in this, unfortunately. Luckily I have 2 Newbies who I can hopefully get on board with it.
Any ideas on how to get my active steady-eddies on board? I was thinking of running a contest or something. Highest # of leads or 1st to sign someone,,,thoughts??

Winnipegk said:
Set the expectation from the beginning.

Definitely! This is what I have been doing since Leadership and it's working. We are expecting everyone to sign someone in their first 30 days. And let me tell you, it's pi$$ing off the old-timers because their names aren't appearing in the weekly stats any more! So it's lighting a fire under them too!

An idea I got from Leadership was to offer *Minnie* Challenges each month. This month, ours is *bring a friend*. I do cluster bucks so if they bring a friend, they get extra bucks. Just an idea....

Also, show them the earning potential... we as individuals can only do so many shows each week, but if we have a team, we'll be earning that much more!

SusanBP0129 said:
I totally agree about setting the expectation from the beginning. I dropped the ball in this, unfortunately. Luckily I have 2 Newbies who I can hopefully get on board with it.
Any ideas on how to get my active steady-eddies on board? I was thinking of running a contest or something. Highest # of leads or 1st to sign someone,,,thoughts??

Something I haven't done in the past that I think is important is to reward the activity as much as the results...so maybe you could do something to reward the most leads generated during a specific time period, most recruiting interviews held within another time, and first to sign a new recruit before X date. Or maybe a "points system" where you earn points for:

Taking a recruiting online training / teleclass
Creating and handing out recruiting packages
Generating leads from cooking shows
Asking every host to join
Recruiting interviews held

etc...

Oh... and in my weekly calls, I ask them to tell me the names of people they met that week who they think would make great consultants. I keep a rolling contact list for them and ask them to follow up with them and then let me know their results. They are more likely to actually do it if they know they are going to have to tell me about it! For the ones that won't, well, there is no changing them. My efforts there are better placed on finding recruits of my own. I will work with them (only) when they are ready and willing.No more trying to revive the dead in 2009 for me!!!!!

Winnipegk said:
reward the activity

This might sound harsh but don't shoot me! I NEVER reward activity. We are paid on the results we get... bottom line. If someone *plays a good game* and loses, they still lose. Doesn't matter how much or hard they work.

Also, sometimes you may come across someone who reports all the time they are *actively* working and getting zero results (I have one right now... she drives me crazy... she is never honest with me. She *says* she's doing something and expects the reward). So what's the point in rewarding her?

Like I said, please don't shoot me. But results are what matter... and if they are making the real effort, the results will show regardless....

I think you both have a point.
I am inclined to give "little rewards" for things such as taking online courses, etc....because at least it shows some inititative.
I would give a "bigger" reward for the actual results, though.

SusanBP0129 said:
I think you both have a point.
I am inclined to give "little rewards" for things such as taking online courses, etc....because at least it shows some inititative.
I would give a "bigger" reward for the actual results, though.

this is kind of where I'm going.

I guess my thoughts are that the first recruit seems to be the most difficult...and when I think of how I work, if I felt like I was asking, asking, asking, and not getting results, I would get discouraged and stop asking...I see what you're saying though Colleen.

I am determined to get them to recruit THIS MONTH!! They have the shows, so they will be in front of enough people. I have dangled a carrot as well (stoneware). I have offered making myself available to them to meet with their potentials in person or on 3-way calls. I have made my mind up that this is the month that the cream will rise to the top. AND then I will know who my future leaders are going to be.

I just laid it out on the 2 conference calls that we have done so far, but basically told them that IF they are not offering the opportunity to their hosts and allowing her to decide if she wants to use some of her FPV, then they (the Consultant) are NOT doing their job properly and that we need to revisit some new consultant training. I also went into great detail about the difference between informing and inviting (Thanks Cheryl for your notes). No more braggers! We need to be inviting others to get their piece of the pie too! Now, to see who steps up.

Well my meeting went well last night I laid it all out on the line too.

I gave a challenge & told them they'd have a chance to win a new product.

They will get a ticket for each host that they ask & share the business opportunity with....BUT there is a catch they need to email me the host name & phone # so that I can call & check to make sure that they did ASK!!!
I'm also doing the same :)

I just thought of this last night while we were talking about recruiting...I told them that I expect them to recruit & they need to if they'd like to go to DISNEY!
so when I gave them this challenge they could of easily just given me the names & I'd believe them.....maybe I'm getting smarter....LOL :)

Just to second (third) the comments about expecting it from the beginning, I want to share the success a fellow director is having. She is embracing the idea of starting your business with a friend and already she has a new consultant with 2 signed recruits and a new consultant signing someone this week.

She also sets two goals for each upcoming cluster meeting. One is the number of shows (based on the projections made on the cluster calendar) and number of new team members. She gets everyone's agreement at the end of the cluster meeting for the next meeting's goals.

I attended their meeting this week and the energy was infectous....and I could see the cluster members forming a real sense of identity as a TEAM. Great stuff!

Something that Amy Neal suggested:
Follow up with your consultant the day after their show (need to keep a cluster calendar). Ask them how many bookings? Why/why not?
How many recruit leads? get the names and phone numbers. Ask if they set a follow up appt. This does a few things:
1. you know when the shows are
2. They know that you are going to ask...so they will try to get the results to give you. (honestly...this works!! I can't stand telling my director that I didn't get leads/bookings!)
3. You have the appt time for the recruit lead...keep track.Now, Amy said for the first one or two, make the calls yourself. Have the consultant listen in only, but do it and sign the lead.
there's a 3 question interview to use. It makes the process very easy.Remind them they get a raise!! 1% adds up and the recruit bonus on top...plus catalogs, etc!

Great thread! A few years ago, I noticed that many were not recruiting or even talking about it. Then I had the "V-8 moment" that I was not talking about the "R" word let alone offer training on it. I have also had to remind myself on several occasions that recruiting training does not net results as quickly as selling and booking training. The comfort zone gets increasingly more stretched as consultants spend time in their business and realize that if they honestly do want more income then they have to work all three parts of their business.

We have had an explosion of recruiting this past month. I have several that have solid leads.

Unfortunately, my one consultant that I refer to as the "director that is so close" (and has been for the last year and a half) is now down to one active consultant and will first lose her Future Director status and go into April as a Senior Consultant instead of a Team Leader ready to burst on the Director level. She is struggling to get leads to talk to her and has one that might sign next month.

The great part is, her one active just signed her 3rd consultant but one will go inactive as she has not submitted any sales in her 90 days and was just diagnosed with a brain tumor.:( (I feel SO horrible for her). This one active will have another signing before the end of the month so she will be back up to 3 consultants. This will either light a fire under her recruiter to promote or it will discourage her to no end.

I have one other 1st gen. that has 3 active and another who has 3 VERY HOT leads. Cross your fingers...I so want to promote to Advanced this year!:rolleyes:

I just wanted to add that one of my gals who bolted out the starting gate, then died off for awhile is now back in action and talking recruiting to everyone! One our first conference call when I laid it out that you needed to ask or else you were being selfish just hit her - she called me the next day to tell me that it was very eye opening to her. And why wouldn't she let others know what PC could do for them too!..........V8 moments that we LOVE!!! And she is a MAJOR carrot chaser, so I think my Stoneware incentive may be just the icing on the cake! Atleast I'm praying that I get one more (min.) SC this month....., but I'm really hoping to promote a Director by July. I have one who has it as her goal!

1. How can I motivate my team to recruit?

One effective way to motivate your team to recruit is by setting achievable goals and offering rewards for meeting those goals. This could be in the form of bonuses, recognition, or even small gifts. Creating a friendly competition or contest can also incentivize team members to recruit.

2. Is it possible to become a Director in a short period of time?

While it may seem unlikely, it is possible to become a Director in a short period of time. By setting clear goals and actively recruiting, you can achieve this title in just a few months. It is important to stay motivated and focused on your goal.

3. Have you had success with motivating a team to recruit through contests or competitions?

Yes, many network marketing teams have had success with using contests or competitions to motivate their team to recruit. These activities create a sense of camaraderie and friendly competition, which can be a great motivator for team members.

4. How can I prevent losing my team while working towards my Director title?

One way to prevent losing your team while working towards your Director title is by staying in communication with your team and being transparent about your goals. This can help build trust and keep your team engaged and motivated. Additionally, offering support and resources for team members to recruit can also help retain them.

5. What are some ideas for contests or incentives to motivate my team to recruit?

Some ideas for contests or incentives to motivate your team to recruit could include offering a bonus or gift card for every successful recruit, creating a leaderboard to track progress and offer rewards for top recruiters, hosting a team-wide recruiting event, or offering special training or resources for team members to improve their recruiting skills.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• imported_pckrissy
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Christ Follower
  • imported_pckrissy
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
imported_pckrissy
  • Gagescorpages