• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fun Ideas for Your Church's Trunk or Treat!

In summary, the family that did the Disney Princess theme this year used pink and silver tulle, sparkly decorations, and twinkling lights to create a festive atmosphere. They also distributed glow necklaces and rings to the girls and plastic frogs to the boys.
jenniferlynne
A few of you mentioned on another thread that your Church does Trunk or Treat. Would anyone be willing to share ideas? I have been put in charge of ours this year because the girl that normally does it is having sugery that week. We have only been attending this Church for about a year and a half, so last year was the first one I had ever gone to! We have about 300 members at our Church, but several hundred attended the Trunk or Treat. Lots of kids from the community came. No pressure!!!

Here is what we did:
Chili contest (members brought in chili. It was judged and prizes given away to top three)

Pumpkin pie contest (same as chili)

We tried to have game stations set up, but there were so many kids that it didn't work out well.

Last year it rained and was really cold, so we had to have it inside. Instead of decorating their trunks, the members picked a classroom and decorated it. My husband won best decorated room (he is an excellent pumpkin carver). I think there may have been a best costume award too.

I've been told that in previous years when it was outside, there would also be a table set up with hot chocolate and hot apple cider.

We also need a flyer of some kind that tells a little about our Church to pass out to visitors. Anyone have one they can share so I can get an idea of what to do?

I am also thinking this year that we could have some teens have a face painting or tatoo table.

I would love to hear what everyone else does!

last yr at our church we did do games we had a cake walk, the fishing game (where you put the pole behind a sheet and you get a prize) face painting, a station were you put your hand in boxes with things you had to guess what they were. It was pretty fun.

A cake walk sounds neat. What did you use for them to put their hands or feet on? We would have to make something.

They put numbers down on the floor and had them walk around and when they stopped they picked a # and the person on that # got the cake

Sounds simple and fun!!

Jennie4PC said:
last yr at our church we did do games we had a cake walk, the fishing game (where you put the pole behind a sheet and you get a prize) face painting, a station were you put your hand in boxes with things you had to guess what they were. It was pretty fun.
If they're old enough...

Cold spaghetti = guts
Peeled grapes = eyeballs

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
If they're old enough...

Cold spaghetti = guts
Peeled grapes = eyeballs

We did that last year. We had a brain (a boiled head of cauliflower), bloody eyes (grapes in red jell-0. We had this at the end because their had would be slimy and "bloody" when they pulled it out), troll ears (dried apricots), Witch Warts (raisins). Seems like there was one more, but I don't remember what it was.

One little girl went through and was pulling stuff out and eating it :yuck:

We do trunk or treat at our church (its a challenge between some of us members to "outdo" the other) We do it to entertain the kids (ok, and maybe each other HA!!)
We start getting to the parking lot about 5 to get the best location (some of us need electricity you know) Last year in the back of my Expedition we had a fog machine, strobe lights, black lights and had a motion sensor cackling witch. We dumped the candy into piles around stryofoam tombstones had rubber rats scattered and plastic bugs & spiders they would reach in could get candy and toys.

One family always does a circus theme and they rent a popcorn or cotton candy machine

This year I'm doing a Disney type Princess theme with lots of pink & silver tulle, other sparkly decorations & twinkling lights and will pass out glow necklaces & rings with our candy to the girls and plastic frogs to the boys.

It will be a shock to the members because I always have spooky stuff.... First place is mine all mine I can fel it in ym creaky bones:))

OK, the last post gave me some idea, but what is a trunk or treat? You decorate the trunk or your car?

We park around our parking lot, if you have a truck you decorate the bed if you have a car or suv you open the trunk lid or hatch and decorate them.

It is a safe way to treat the kids and reach out to the community.

We do this at our church too. I went to the Dollar Tree and got things to decorate my trunk with. I need to make another trip. This will be my second year doing it. Last year I did not decorate my husband tuck but this year I will do it out of the back of my blazer and will decorate.

I love it being an alternative for the kids for Halloween with out the gorryness. Plus, it is a good outreach to the unchurched in our area. We hand out tracts and get contact info on anyone that will share it.

Ok, my church is doing this for the first time this year. I have been asked to decorate my trunk and bring it to the church with the trunk open for the 2 sundays before doing the event. This way everyone can see an example of what to do.
Does anyone have any pictures of what their trunks looked like?? Or any other ideas for what to do??? Also, this is a stupid question but does the battery wear down with the trunk open that whole time???

Bumping this up to see if anyone has any ideas!!

Our church is big on presenting the gospel in any way. This year we doing trunk or treat for the first time. We have a media savy couple who is recruiting people in church to act out various stages of a person's life and how they rejected the gospel and what the outcome is. My understanding is people will go from room to room watching a different media presentation and will collect tickets for each room. The younger kids are doing something else in a different area more age appropriate where they can earn tickets and in turn go collect candy from various trunks. I don't think it is completely figured out yet, and I am confident I don't know everything going on. But maybe this will spark an idea for someone else. If anyone wants more specific details I can find out more. Email me [email protected] I'm not consistent checking in here as I am home schooling and finishing my degree myself.

Jennie4PC said:
They put numbers down on the floor and had them walk around and when they stopped they picked a # and the person on that # got the cake

or you can put different colors of construction paper on the floor..and draw out a small colored square and whoever is standing on that color wins their choice

Related to Fun Ideas for Your Church's Trunk or Treat!

1. What is a Trunk or Treat event?

A Trunk or Treat event is a fun and safe alternative to traditional trick or treating, where participants decorate the trunks of their cars and hand out candy or treats to children in a designated parking lot.

2. How can I come up with creative trunk decorating ideas?

There are endless possibilities for trunk decorating ideas! You can choose a specific theme, such as a movie or book, or get creative with colors and patterns. You can also incorporate games or interactive elements into your trunk design.

3. Are there any specific safety guidelines to keep in mind for Trunk or Treat?

Yes, safety should always be a top priority for Trunk or Treat events. Make sure to have proper lighting and clear pathways for children to walk through. It's also important to check all candy and treats for potential allergens and properly dispose of any opened or unwrapped items.

4. Can adults participate in Trunk or Treat?

Absolutely! Trunk or Treat is a fun event for all ages. Adults can get in on the fun by decorating their trunks and handing out treats, or they can help organize and coordinate the event.

5. What kind of treats should I hand out at Trunk or Treat?

While candy is always a popular choice, you can also get creative with your treats. Consider handing out healthy snacks, small toys or trinkets, or even homemade treats. Just make sure to avoid any potential allergens and follow any dietary restrictions of your participants.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
SPAMSTIME
  • pampered2007
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
aPamperedBride
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies