• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fun and Educational Kids Cooking Class in a New Town - Get Involved Now!

In summary, there is a discussion about organizing a cooking class for kids in a new town with a lot of small children. The main goal is to teach food safety and make it fun for the kids. Ideas such as a cooking show with parents' help, a kids' Pampered Chef party, and a Girl Scouts cooking camp are being considered. The price for the class is still undecided, but it may include a little cookbook and a safe knife for each kid. The importance of hand washing is also mentioned. Some concerns about having parents stay during the class are raised, and the class size is limited to 8 kids with a fee of $20 per child.
smithcooking
I am needing so ideas from everyone about doing this. I have just moved to a new little town and am wanting to do this. We have a lot of little kids around here and I think that the kids would love it.

I have seen some stuff posted on here before and I can not find it.

Any help would be greatful.

Thank you,

glad you posted Ashley! I have just decided to do one of these in July, ages 8-12, 2 hours a day for 2 days and I have very few ideas as to what I am actually going to have them do!

I know Kate has done a cooking with math class-would love to see that.
I want to teach food safety as that is my background, but I want them to have fun!

HELP US!!!

I have the kids cookbook, but Pampered Chef doesn't sell it anymore. I thought about taking some of the recipes and making a little cookbook so that each kid that comes with get a few of the recipes that we do along with the safe knife.

I thought about doing a Power Cooking Class with them, but didn't know how that would work.

I would like to do an invitation, but I want to put on it that the parents need to stay to help. I don't want this to be a drop off and I am babysitting the kids for them. I am going to have them pay, but not fore sure what to set the price at. I was also going to do a 2 day class.

HELP PLEASE!!!!

Last edited:
I love this idea!! I'm new and looking for all the ideas I can take. When you say that you didn't know what to set the price, do you mean that they will pay a set price to come to the cooking show and then at the end offer the parents a catalog for them to order out of? I thought about just having a PC party for kids and their parents. Cook something fun and let all the kids help. I to would like to see some ideas for some invite.

The reason I was thinking about charging for the show was so that I could put together a little cook book with some of the recipes that we would do for the kids and get them a little something that they could take home. Like the safe knife. I was thinking of doing it with the parents so that depending on how many people I would get to sign up that the parents could be there to kind of help out. I want the kids to do the most of the cooking so that they can learn and have fun.

A few of us that work with Girl Scouts are putting together a class for them. We are thinking about staying away from the stove and doing some salad and or microwave recipes. I was told that we can make several prep bowl cakes at once in the microwave in 5 minutes. After they cool they can decorate them.
To show the benefits of hand washing with soap and warm water, put a little cooking oil in their hands and then sprinkle cinamin. After they rub their hands together, get them to wash with just cold water. It doesn't do anything. Then have them use warm water. It helps a little. Then have them use warm water and soap and everything comes clean.

smithcooking said:
I have the kids cookbook, but Pampered Chef doesn't sell it anymore. I thought about taking some of the recipes and making a little cookbook so that each kid that comes with get a few of the recipes that we do along with the safe knife.

I thought about doing a Power Cooking Class with them, but didn't know how that would work.

I would like to do an invitation, but I want to put on it that the parents need to stay to help. I don't want this to be a drop off and I am babysitting the kids for them. I am going to have them pay, but not fore sure what to set the price at. I was also going to do a 2 day class.

HELP PLEASE!!!!

I don't want the parents to stay! Kidw are much better behaved when their parents are not around! I will limit class size to no more than 8 kids and if the response is for more than that I will do another "camp". I am charging $20

Chef Bobby said:
A few of us that work with Girl Scouts are putting together a class for them. We are thinking about staying away from the stove and doing some salad and or microwave recipes. I was told that we can make several prep bowl cakes at once in the microwave in 5 minutes. After they cool they can decorate them.
To show the benefits of hand washing with soap and warm water, put a little cooking oil in their hands and then sprinkle cinamin. After they rub their hands together, get them to wash with just cold water. It doesn't do anything. Then have them use warm water. It helps a little. Then have them use warm water and soap and everything comes clean.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! this is a great idea!

there is another thread about these. One idea I love is the cold stone thread that is going right now. Thats great for the kids and something they love. Then they can go home with ice cream dippers. You could charge $15-20 for this one.

You can also do something where they get the bar pan (ordered ahead of time). That way they go home with something they used. This recipe you could charge $15-20 also. They could make their own carmel/cinnamon rolls on the pans with the cinnamon sprinkle (get through supply order).

Just some ideas I love and am going to use.

How do you make several prep bowl cakes in the microwave? Anyone have directions or a recipe? This is a great idea for kids!

my guess is that you follow the directions for the little lemon cakes~find recipe on CC

bumping this since time is drawing near for my "camp" and I need more ideas!

Remember the Mango Salsa Sundaes? Do that with the kids and also Ice Cream Sandwiches...perhaps go home with the ice cream sandwich maker. You'll work with a TON of products, too.

Math
chefmeg said:
bumping this since time is drawing near for my "camp" and I need more ideas!

I incorporate math skills into my classes and food history. How many 1/4 cups to make one cup and how many pints in a gallon? With a cheat sheet for them to look at and learn.
Also I do history on foods we are preparing, like cookies, pizza trivia, etc...

I give them play money that they will use this Thursday (the last of our June classes) to purchase cool things from my store! They earn money for turning in homework, helping, being clean, raising their hands, etc...

I have tons of kid's cookbooks so I have an endless supply of kid friendly recipes. I tweak it if I need to and of course use our PC tools.

I did $30 a kid for 4 - 90 minute classes in June. It's the same for July and August.

Debbie :D

I don't know if you ladies are still checking in on this thread or not but...
I am doing a kids cooking camp that is on the 12th and 26th of July. Each day is from 11-1 and the children will be preparing 3 recipes during each class. The ages are from 4-10 but they are accompanied by an adult.
At the end of the class they will be recieving recipe cards that have the reciped for what we have prepared and some bonus recipes. They will also recieve a tote with the PC logo and a bar board and my safety cutter to take home.
The cost of the camp is $40 or $35 for a sibling.
I thought that this might help.

Good luck with the show. I so want to do this, I have a lot of kids in our neighborhood but I'm so nervous about it just don't know where to start. Please post how it went I would love to hear about it.

June Cooking class was over last Thursday. My July class starts up next Thursday. My June class had a whopping 14 students! It was so much fun and we got to do some tasty and fun recipes. The kids loved it and I plan to have at least half of the kids in my July class to be new to the class.
I am very excited, the classes get more complex each month. It is very relaxed and fun. Some moms stay, some leave and some do both. The kids really enjoy the trivia and the homework because in my class they earn play money and I give them a chance at the end of each month to purchase goodies with their money. We also learn some history about the food we are making.

DebbieSAChef said:
June Cooking class was over last Thursday. My July class starts up next Thursday. My June class had a whopping 14 students! It was so much fun and we got to do some tasty and fun recipes. The kids loved it and I plan to have at least half of the kids in my July class to be new to the class.
I am very excited, the classes get more complex each month. It is very relaxed and fun. Some moms stay, some leave and some do both. The kids really enjoy the trivia and the homework because in my class they earn play money and I give them a chance at the end of each month to purchase goodies with their money. We also learn some history about the food we are making.

Hi Debbie!!

How do you advertise for this? This sounds like fun. My daughter wanted to do a show with her school friends but very few showed up. I suppose if you charge for the classes the kids will be sure to take advantage of it, I think it's cool!

Addie4TLC said:
Hi Debbie!!

How do you advertise for this? This sounds like fun. My daughter wanted to do a show with her school friends but very few showed up. I suppose if you charge for the classes the kids will be sure to take advantage of it, I think it's cool!

Well I belong to a homeschool group and since it's summer I was able to entice some neighborhood children who I know don't do much in the summer to join. I also let church friends know and advertised with flyers at the local kids resale shop, around the neighborhood with flyers and in the newsletter of the homeschool curriculum store in town. Also word of mouth since this is the second time I have done this.

Debbie :chef:

OOH OOH Debbie!You just gave me a great idea! How about doing it as a kids camp/fundraiser for the church all rolled up in one?? I sure think I can do something with that too!Thanks for stirring up my creative juices. ;-)Cyndi

DebbieSAChef said:
Well I belong to a homeschool group and since it's summer I was able to entice some neighborhood children who I know don't do much in the summer to join. I also let church friends know and advertised with flyers at the local kids resale shop, around the neighborhood with flyers and in the newsletter of the homeschool curriculum store in town. Also word of mouth since this is the second time I have done this.

Debbie :chef:

Congrats Debbie! The group is sure to grow, it sounds like a fun learning experience. I may try to offer something similar and maybe charge per class, if I make it fun like you I'm sure to have repeat customers/students. :)

I was thinking of trying this out in August. Maybe putting a flyer together like "running out of ideas on how to entertain your kids the rest of the summer... try a cooking class. Or something like that. I will be researching ideas here to put it together.
I absolutly love this idea. I can't believe it took me so long to join PC this is everything I've been looking for and more.

Chef Bobby said:
To show the benefits of hand washing with soap and warm water, put a little cooking oil in their hands and then sprinkle cinamin. After they rub their hands together, get them to wash with just cold water. It doesn't do anything. Then have them use warm water. It helps a little. Then have them use warm water and soap and everything comes clean.

ChefBobby, have you seen DQ has teamed up the the girls scout on the new thin mint blizzard. When I saw this I thought what a great idea for someone who does GS and PC to put together a Stone Cold show using the cookies. Just a thought.

Here's a simple/basic invitation that I came up with to promote my "Kids In The Kitchen" show next month.

I am taking advance registrations with payment to place the product order to go in for this month's numbers. (trying to get as much as I can while we are getting double points.) ;)

If anyone has suggestions to make it better, please let me know.

Cheers!
Cyndi

Attachments

• KidsInKitchenFlyer.doc
    420 KB · Views: 461
Your flyers rock!! Thank you, I want to put together one for August as well.

I did class #1 today and we had fun. I showed them why they have to wash their hands with the oil/cinnamon idea posted above. We made TicTacToe pizzas, cookie bites, and personal ice cream cakes in the prep bowls.
Tomorrow we will make Crazy Caterpillars and Moon Rock cookies.
I am looking to set up another camp in August! Can't wait!

chefmeg said:
I did class #1 today and we had fun. I showed them why they have to wash their hands with the oil/cinnamon idea posted above. We made TicTacToe pizzas, cookie bites, and personal ice cream cakes in the prep bowls.
Tomorrow we will make Crazy Caterpillars and Moon Rock cookies.
I am looking to set up another camp in August! Can't wait!

Sounds like fun! Great job! :thumbup:
Last month we made Glazed Brownie hearts, Create a scene Cookie puzzles (sugar cookies, cookie cutters, and colored frosting), Ice Cream tacos, and Pepperoni / cheese crescents. The kids had a blast and our July classes start tomorrow. They took home the small spreader and mini serving spatula.
Our recipes this month are:
Delicious S'more's Dessert (graham cracker crust, top with heated fudge topping, add tiny marshmallows, top with chocolate pudding/whipped topping filling, and finally top with remainder of fudge and marshmallows)
Sun up Sandwiches (cooking eggs in prep bowls)
Stop n go cookies - (choc. cookies baked on popsicle sticks, that look like stop lights w/red, green, yellow M&M's)
Mini lunch pizzas, and mini dessert pizzas
Take home tool this month is 2 prep bowls each student along with a sheet of cool recipes for those bowls (cakes, eggs, mini ice cream sundaes, mini delicious s'more's desserts, snack mix, etc... :p

Last edited:
Wow this sounds like a great idea!!! How many kids do you usually have sign up? I think my daughter would love to have friends over and do something like this. Thanks for the great ideas.

Wow You ladies are so creative. For my first show I want to do a parent/child show. It's for my sister and she loved the idea. Anyone ever do that kind of show? I'm thinking of doing the pizza recipe that came in my kit,Salad and lime cooler. Any ideas on where the kids could help? Should I have the kids help instead of the parent? Except cutting veggies.

CyndiWilliams said:
Here's a simple/basic invitation that I came up with to promote my "Kids In The Kitchen" show next month.

I am taking advance registrations with payment to place the product order to go in for this month's numbers. (trying to get as much as I can while we are getting double points.) ;)

If anyone has suggestions to make it better, please let me know.

Cheers!
Cyndi

Thanks for such awesome ideas! I've been with PC for 1 1/2 years and I'm slowly on my way to being inactive. :( I'm looking for all kinds of ways to create new and exciting "shows." The flyer from Cyndi is incredible and I love all of these ideas. Wish I had found this blog sooner! Thanks!

Related to Fun and Educational Kids Cooking Class in a New Town - Get Involved Now!

1. What age range is the kids cooking class for?

The kids cooking class is designed for children ages 5-12 years old. However, older or younger children may also be able to participate depending on their interest and skill level.

2. What types of dishes will the kids learn to cook?

The kids cooking class will cover a variety of dishes from different cuisines, including healthy snacks, simple meals, and desserts. We will also cater to any dietary restrictions or allergies that the children may have.

3. How long is each cooking class session?

Each cooking class session will last approximately 1-2 hours, depending on the complexity of the dishes being prepared. We want to make sure the kids have enough time to learn and enjoy the cooking experience without feeling rushed.

4. Do parents need to be present during the cooking class?

Parents are not required to stay during the cooking class, but they are welcome to stay and observe if they would like. However, they will need to sign a permission slip and provide emergency contact information before the class begins.

5. How can I sign up my child for the cooking class?

You can sign up your child for the cooking class by visiting our website or contacting us through email or phone. We will provide you with the necessary forms and information to enroll your child in the class. Spaces are limited, so we recommend signing up as soon as possible.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DeannaK1022
  • noelskitchen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Humble Beginnings
Replies
Views
buddy5909