Forged Cutlery Collection vs. Self-Honing Knives

Discussion in 'Products and Tips' started by dkitten13, Apr 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My host (and best friend) wants to know if the Forged Cutlery is really that much better than the self honing. She has several self honing and liks the combo of Forged Cutley but since some will be duplicates she is wondering if its worth it to change.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

2. I HATE the Knives the Honing Cases and couldn't live without my Forged Cutlery.

There is a great comparison chart on CC that shows the differences.

Just hold one of each in your hand and you will feel the difference--the handles, the weight.

3. esavvymom

esavvymom CS Leader Staff Member

can you let her try out a piece for awhile and see for herself?

4. raebates

raebates CS Leader Staff Member

It really depends on what you're looking for in a knife. I like one with a bit of weight behind it, so the Forged Cutlery is my choice.

5. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Gold Member

If she truely wants a great quality, life time knife, the forged cutlery is the way to go. I never use anything else in my kitchen.

6. babywings76

babywings76 Gold Member

I like to make the investment once and enjoy the great quality. I LOVE the decision to get the forged cutlery. It's nice to have a whole set as well.

7. Question along those lines, Do you take a knife in a honing case with you for comparison?

8. babywings76

babywings76 Gold Member

I take one with me. I like them to see the difference. Plus it's great for people who say how much the loved the knives w/ sharpening cases, then I can show them this (cause I know they are at that budget level) and explain the benefit of honing. I also promote them as being great travel knives or knives for the camper, because of the special case and locking mechanism.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.