• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

First Goal Ever in Coed Soccer | My Journey from Beginner to Scoring Champion

In summary, the speaker recently started playing indoor soccer for the first time in their life after being asked to join a coed team. Despite having no experience, they have been playing well and even scored their first goal in a game. Their team won 7-2 and they are proud of their achievement. The game was physically demanding and they have some soreness and swelling as a result. They also mention their past experience as a gymnast and their love for the sport.
smspamperedchef
Silver Member
Ok, I started playing indoor soccer in April for THE FIRST TIME IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!!! I've coached both of my kids and know the basics and grew up with a EXTREMELY good brother who played.We kicked the ball around in the yard when we were little. Well, I was asked to play by one of my former players' dad who said they needed more women for their coed team. I agreed but told them to not to expect much since I have ZERO experience. I got out there and am really not half bad if I might say so myself. I challenge the guys and get them running and mess them up. It's funny too because when I fall (which is quite often) and if a guy was by me when I do the guy gets called on it even if it was my own fault for falling. LOL! Good thing about being a girl. Anyway, long story short (I know, TOO LATE!) we had our game tonight and I happened to be in the right place at the right time and a guy on my team dribbled the ball almost all the way up, passed it to me and I shot it in. It messed up the goalie as I was blocking him. HA!
It was probably the slowest goal in history but it took the goalie by surprise. I was so proud of myself as that is my first goal EVER!!! Unfortunately my DH had to go to work so he didn't even get to play much less, see me score. :( OH WELL! I did call him and he told me good job!
Our team won 7-2! Oh and if you don't know much aboud coed soccer, guys get ONE point for their goals and girls get TWO!:D

Congratulations!!! That is awesome! I played varsity in high school and scoring a goal in soccer is not an easy feat - so way to go! I can totally understand the high you must be feeling right now!

Congratulations! May you score many more! I think its cool that girls get more credit too. I bet thats good exercise for you! Seems like an awful lot of running around.

Last edited:
OH MY GOSH!!! IS IT EVER!!! There are also twice as many guys on our team (if not more) than there are girls. 3 girls on the field and when we started tonight we had NO subs. One girl finally showed up so at least we could get a breather. I think I came out 5 minutes the first 1/2 and then another 5 the 2nd 1/2. I have asthma, well not bad but tends to flare up because of my allergies a few times a year and I notice it when I'm hauling butt on the field too a bit. My body is SO sore right now. I took 3 ibuprofin. I hate to think how I'll feel when I wake up since I won't be moving around all night. My knee also is swollen (more than usual). I had arthroscopic surgery 2 years ago for degenerative cartilage pulling away from the bone, a bone spur and severe arthritis. My dr. didn't understand why a young girl like me would have such problems. I was 35 when I had the surgery. I was a gymnast so I guess all the years flipping on the balance beam and everywhere else took a toll on my knees!

Congratulations!

thats great! congratulations!
I love watching soccer, my DD plays varsity for her HS and it's such a thrill when she scores.
It's not as easy as it looks.

reba515 said:
thats great! congratulations!
I love watching soccer, my DD plays varsity for her HS and it's such a thrill when she scores.
It's not as easy as it looks.

No, it's not! BUT, I LOVE it! Now, I wish I had played when I was younger but then I wouldn't have competed in gymnastics. Choices Choices!

1. What inspired you to join a coed soccer team and set a goal to become a scoring champion?

I have always been a fan of soccer and played casually with friends, but I never had the opportunity to join an organized team until recently. When I found out about a coed soccer league in my community, I saw it as the perfect opportunity to challenge myself and improve my skills. Setting a specific goal of becoming a scoring champion gave me the motivation to push myself and make the most out of my experience.

2. How did you prepare yourself for your first game and your first goal ever?

Before my first game, I made sure to practice and familiarize myself with the rules and strategies of coed soccer. I also focused on improving my endurance and agility through regular cardio and strength training. Mentally, I visualized scoring my first goal and imagined the feeling of accomplishment. On the day of the game, I arrived early to warm up and get into a positive mindset.

3. What were some challenges you faced during your journey to becoming a scoring champion?

One of the biggest challenges I faced was overcoming my fear of making mistakes and not being good enough. I had to constantly remind myself that it's okay to make mistakes and that it's all part of the learning process. Another challenge was adjusting to the coed aspect of the game and learning how to work effectively with my male teammates. Communication and teamwork were crucial in overcoming this challenge.

4. Did you have any specific strategies or techniques that helped you score your first goal and subsequent goals?

I found that being in the right position and anticipating passes from my teammates were key factors in scoring goals. I also focused on improving my shooting accuracy and power through drills and practice. Additionally, I made sure to be aware of the strengths and weaknesses of the opposing team's defense and used that to my advantage.

5. What advice do you have for others who are just starting their journey in coed soccer?

My biggest advice would be to have an open mind and be willing to learn and improve. Don't be afraid to ask for help or advice from more experienced players. Also, don't let mistakes or setbacks discourage you. Keep pushing yourself and have fun on the field. Lastly, always remember to communicate and work together with your teammates, as coed soccer is all about teamwork and inclusivity.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Becca_in_MD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chezshelly
  • chefcharity
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • ShelbyMichalek