• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Finding the Best Antivirus for Your Needs

In summary, the best antivirus recommended by the experts in this conversation is AVG, as it is free, regularly updated, and does not slow down the system. It is also mentioned that Spybot and Webroot are not necessary if using AVG, unless there are specific concerns such as children using the internet. The conversation also mentions that anti-spyware software is not commonly used in the corporate world.
SilverCeladon
What's the best antivirus out there? I've heard you should have at least two because sometimes one doesn't get everything. I have spybot and webroot on my desk computer but I feel it doesn't get everything. I have McAfee that came with my laptop but it's only for 30 days and I wonder if I should buy it.

try avg....we've used it for years and never had a problem. grisoft.com is their website

PamperedLady1979 said:
try avg....we've used it for years and never had a problem. grisoft.com is their website

I just asked DH what is the best for you and he just told me the same as PamperedLady!! He said to look for the FREE version. (He is in the IT field, so he is aware of many different types and this is what he said he likes!)

He even told me to go to the same website!

KellyTheChef said:
I just asked DH what is the best for you and he just told me the same as PamperedLady!! He said to look for the FREE version. (He is in the IT field, so he is aware of many different types and this is what he said he likes!)

He even told me to go to the same website!

Yup! AVG is what I use too!

AVG 1. It is free.
2. It is excellent - they keep it as up-to-date as McAfee and Norton.
3. It doesn't slow your system down like the above mentioned...
4. Spybot is not an antivirus software, it is an anti-spyware software. If you have AVG you usually don't even need to run spybot. Spybot can slow things down too.
5. Webroot is antivirus but not real common out there.

Thanks so much! I'll definitely download AVG then! So, I don't need antispyware? Or is also in AVG?

SilverCeladon said:
Thanks so much! I'll definitely download AVG then! So, I don't need antispyware? Or is also in AVG?

Usually anti-spyware software is a pain. If you can't control your mouse and click on anything out there on the web, I suggest you keep it on your PC. ...or if kids have access to using the internet.

Otherwise, you can just put it on once every 6 months or so and run it then delete it.

I never use it and never have an issue. Most of the corporate world never uses it either.

oh okay. Good to know. Thanks!

Related to Finding the Best Antivirus for Your Needs

What is the best antivirus software for my needs?

The best antivirus software for your needs will depend on a variety of factors such as your budget, the devices you need protection for, and your specific security concerns. It is important to research and compare different antivirus options to determine which one offers the features and level of protection that best meets your needs.

How much does antivirus software typically cost?

The cost of antivirus software can vary greatly depending on the brand, features, and level of protection. Some basic antivirus programs may cost as little as $20 per year, while more comprehensive options with additional features may cost upwards of $100 per year. It is important to consider your budget and the level of protection you need when choosing antivirus software.

Do I need antivirus software for my mobile devices?

Yes, it is important to have antivirus software for your mobile devices as they are just as vulnerable to viruses and malware as your computer. Look for antivirus options that offer protection for both your computer and mobile devices to ensure comprehensive coverage.

What features should I look for in antivirus software?

Some important features to look for in antivirus software include real-time protection, automatic updates, and the ability to scan for and remove viruses and malware. It may also be beneficial to consider additional features such as parental controls, password managers, and VPN services.

Can I try out antivirus software before purchasing?

Many antivirus software companies offer free trials or limited versions of their software for users to try before committing to a purchase. This can be a great way to test out the features and functionality of different options before making a decision. Be sure to read reviews and compare multiple options to find the best fit for your needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Shawnna
Replies