• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Finding Hope After Missing a Consultant Lead

HUGS!!! And I totally agree... vent HERE and not to hubby!!!! You should be aware of the fact that it is sometimes frustrating when people request a consultant for a show, and then end up already finding someone before the original consultant has a chance to follow up. This can be especially frustrating when it's a lead that the consultant was relying on for business. However, it's important to remember that these things happen and to not take it personally. It's better to vent on a forum like this than to take it out on your husband or others.
ktraceyk
I will feel better if I put this out instead of telling my husband. Why do people go in and request a consultant for a show. I get a lead at 6 I am at a show so I call first thing this morning and she already found someone and has a show scheduled why not try to find someone first and if all else fails then put into the lead system. This was my first lead for the month and now I am off till the next turn comes around and will not get leads next month (no recruits- but on a bright side I think a lady is ready to start in Aug and I will get them for the holidays!) Thanks for letting me get that out I feel better and it was probably a pain for a host anyway right: }

(((hugs)))

HUGS!!! And I totally agree... vent HERE and not to hubby!!!!Maybe we should start a thread called the Daily Vent! LOL! :pHere's mine: At my show last night there was a lady who came late and throughout my demo proceeded to whisper to the host from behind her catalog. I was SO annoyed. Normally I would ignore it, but it just irritated me way too much so I said something! I think I said, "Would the whispering lady like to share with the rest of the class?" She looked horrified and everyone else laughed... I said it in a funny way (or at least I tried). And she commented on how short and quick my demo was and how awesome it was that I could do so much in 20 minutes... she can't keep her demos that short. At least it was a compliment!!! :)Anyway, upon checkout, I ask her for her billing zip for her card and she asked why and I explain... blah, blah, blah and then she says, "Well I do TW and we don't have to do that." I get the zip code and she proceeds to tell me how successful she is with TW and how much money she earns and how great it is and on and on and on and on!!! She's almost sounding too good to be true and if something sounds too good to be true... well, you know the rest of the story! Why sometimes do other DS reps feel the need to do that????Okay... rant over... thanks for listening/reading!!!

I'm going to have to agree about the lead system lately! Girls on my team are getting rec leads who are signing, a $1800 show, a $1400 show....my 3 leads this month? Last month...my 3 leads were the SAME person because she wanted a spanish speaker...she called HO who sent her to me. I called multiple times, nothing. 2 weeks later she jumps on pc.com and asks for a spanish speaker....yup, comes to me. I call her, nothing. She calls HO again and asks for a spanish speaker, they send her to me: finally get a hold of her....she needs 1 prep bowl replacement lead. A $10 order, a consultant looking for hospitality, and a replacement order. lol I know it's luck of the draw and potential future biz....but ay ya yay!

Sorry about your lead! That would seriously frustrate me!

Colleen....that is rude and annoying. I HATE when they try to hijack my shows....had an MK rep once trying to recruit my guests while I was doing the demo! WTH!?!

Colleen, I think it's hilarious that you fronted her out in front of the group! LOL

Sheila said:
Colleen, I think it's hilarious that you fronted her out in front of the group! LOL

I am laughing about it today when I think about it because it was pretty ballsy to do... even for me!!! :D

You definitely get an "atta-girl" from me! :D

trps said:
I will feel better if I put this out instead of telling my husband. Why do people go in and request a consultant for a show. I get a lead at 6 I am at a show so I call first thing this morning and she already found someone and has a show scheduled why not try to find someone first and if all else fails then put into the lead system. This was my first lead for the month and now I am off till the next turn comes around and will not get leads next month (no recruits- but on a bright side I think a lady is ready to start in Aug and I will get them for the holidays!) Thanks for letting me get that out I feel better and it was probably a pain for a host anyway right: }

How frustrating!!! :mad::mad: I'm so sorry! I hadn't been getting the best leads lately either. Since the beginning of the month, I have not eligible for leads because of the recruiting requirement. :( I HOPE that the person planning to sign by the end of July does so I'm back in the system for next month! And I'm sure I'll get my fair share of lame leads.

finley1991 said:
I am laughing about it today when I think about it because it was pretty ballsy to do... even for me!!! :D

That's awesome! It's something we've all wished we could do!! Mine may sound good in my head, but I'm sure it would come out snotty as hard as I try not to - so good for you for doing it!!!

totally understand. Like the one I got who was a person looking for a consultant in another state because she wanted to buy her house. :mad: And HO KNEW that's what she wanted and they still sent her into the lead system anyway. :grumpy::mad::grumpy:

But then I get online lead orders like today for $318. :party: Wish they could all be like that! (the one before was for a mini serving spatula)

the only 1 have have gotten for 2 months was the scam artist!!! Oh where oh where is fall? can it come any faster?

I got one right before conference that ordered 2 citrus peelers!! If they had just called me I would have just given them the peelers!! And of course no contact info.....

finley1991 said:
HUGS!!! And I totally agree... vent HERE and not to hubby!!!!

Maybe we should start a thread called the Daily Vent! LOL! :p

Here's mine: At my show last night there was a lady who came late and throughout my demo proceeded to whisper to the host from behind her catalog. I was SO annoyed. Normally I would ignore it, but it just irritated me way too much so I said something! I think I said, "Would the whispering lady like to share with the rest of the class?" She looked horrified and everyone else laughed... I said it in a funny way (or at least I tried). And she commented on how short and quick my demo was and how awesome it was that I could do so much in 20 minutes... she can't keep her demos that short. At least it was a compliment!!! :)

Anyway, upon checkout, I ask her for her billing zip for her card and she asked why and I explain... blah, blah, blah and then she says, "Well I do TW and we don't have to do that." I get the zip code and she proceeds to tell me how successful she is with TW and how much money she earns and how great it is and on and on and on and on!!! She's almost sounding too good to be true and if something sounds too good to be true... well, you know the rest of the story!

Why sometimes do other DS reps feel the need to do that????

Okay... rant over... thanks for listening/reading!!!

Don't let that get to you - I did the same thing at the show I signed at!!!

If it makes you feel any better, I have never received one lead that has ever been ANYTHING other than the ones that come thru as automatic online sales. I just got one the other day about products - called and emailed. Nothing. Leads for parties, I call very quickly and they say they got someone. Leads for the business ..."Oh i didn't think a person would respond. I was just nosey." WHAT?!?!?!

Then I listen to audio recordings from conferences and such and they all talk about how half their team is from HO leads. I'll be dead before that happens at the rate I'm going on leads...they must have a magic wand! :)

Colleen - I love your comment to your guest. I would have done the same thing but I'm often quite ballsy and need sometimes to 'zip it'. LOL YOU GO GIRL!

It must be the heat...Just had an ANGRY customer call. She NEVER got her order from the show she attended in June. I told her that her host has the orders and suggested she check with her. Then she proceeded to scold me because the host NEVER CALLED her to let her know it was in.WOW. Some people just want to be mad. :mad: What a lousy way to live!!!!

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

I really wish we could let HO know when we receive bad leads. I mean the really bad ones. Like the one where I get "this number has been disconnected" or the other "good ones" we see here.

And Colleen...you make me proud!!! I had a HOST showing the jewelry she was selling in the next room. Hmmmm...wonder why her show didn't go big! And I have had a friend who does TS promote her products during my shows. Only once did I swap a show with her and I did not mention PC or promote it at any time. But I found out what a crappy host I am as well!:eek::rolleyes:

1. How do I find hope after missing a consultant lead?

Missing out on a consultant lead can be disheartening, but it's important to remember that there are always new opportunities waiting for you. Don't dwell on the past and instead focus on finding new leads and improving your skills.

2. What steps can I take to regain hope after missing a consultant lead?

Start by evaluating what went wrong with the missed lead and identify areas for improvement. Reach out to your network and let them know you are actively seeking new leads. Utilize online resources and attend networking events to expand your reach.

3. Is it normal to feel discouraged after missing a consultant lead?

Yes, it's understandable to feel discouraged after missing a lead, especially if you were counting on it to bring in business. However, it's important to remember that setbacks are a natural part of the process and to use them as motivation to keep pushing forward.

4. How can I stay positive and motivated while searching for new consultant leads?

It's important to maintain a positive mindset and not let one missed lead affect your overall outlook. Set realistic goals and celebrate small successes along the way. Also, make sure to take breaks and focus on self-care to avoid burnout.

5. What can I do differently in the future to prevent missing out on consultant leads?

Reflect on what may have caused you to miss the lead and make necessary changes. This could include improving your sales pitch, expanding your network, or utilizing different lead generation strategies. Continuously learning and adapting can help prevent missing out on future opportunities.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
PCJenni
  • pamperedbecky
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
baychef
  • PCJenni