• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Finding Balance: Combating Burnout in Direct Sales and Family Life

I
Inomiamenda
I am hoping for some inspiration/ clarification/ sage advice, lol.... sumppin!
For the past 3 years I have gone full force all out not slowing down. The rewards have been tremendous, but I find myself in this season unmotivated to do anything remotely PC related.
I am hoping Maui helps me get revved back up, but right now I have cut down to 6 cooking shows this month and I am completely fine with that.
It is baseball season and my oldest son is a freshman this year- I want to miss the least amount of games possible. All three of our little ones are playing teeball and I also don't want to miss out on those games. I know this is part of my problem.
Of course we need the income. For the past two years I have made more with PC than I do teaching, but the frantic pace has left me exhausted.
I love PC- I love the products, I love the fun I have at shows, I love interacting with people. I know I would miss it but I also know there would be plenty to fill the void.
Anyone else experienced this ever? If so how did you handle it?
Thanks in advance!

It's all about what's in your heart. You know the benefits of doing this business so we certainly don't have to go there.

One of the best benefits though, is that we can choose to step back if we need to or choose to set aside time for family things. So if this is something you need to do this year then it'll be right for you. PC will still be there for you to pick up at a faster pace when you are ready. I love this about our job!

I have had to step back a lot in the last couple of years because of health issues (total knee replacement, Endometrial Cancer, lots of smaller things and day surgeries and now major abdominal surgery as well as caring for dying family members) but had no problem stepping it all back up when I could. This year has been hardest. I have had 3 surgeries (one major) and spent more than 2 weeks in the hospital since early January. My April show schedule shows that and that's okay. I need time off to heal and get strong again after this last couple months and the surgery I had just last week. I am not worried though. I know the business is there when I can get it back up. I have no doubt that even this month I'll hit at least the minimum of $1250. I am grateful that I have a job that allows me this.

Don't beat yourself up or stress about what you should do. Look inside and around you and you'll know what's best for you personally. I'll be praying for you. :pray:

I get this way every month, about the 31st....seriously sometimes I do! Taking a break is not always a bad thing...just a week or so usually does it for me.

Geez. Beth, I had no idea. I'll be praying for BOTH of you.

I recommend that you block off 1-2 weeks of time where you try to do NOTHING PC related. Just take a vacation if you can! ;)

I have backed off too -- I have done this before and it has come back to bite me a little, but I need to re-group. I have 28 in my line (19 were active last month), 3 TL and 2 SC, $20k - $30k in Team Sales every month. My personal sales have been low this year ($1500/mo in 2 shows a month), but we are recruiting.I do think that Maui will rejuvinate me. My daughter (she's 28) is flying in from Miami to Maui to do the trip with me -- can't wait to spend time with her!Looking forward to building 1 or 2 Directors this year. I am glad that the revised Career Plan is in effect. It makes things a lot less stressful! Sometimes we just need a little break -- I worked my business EVERY DAY last year. It's a lot!See you in Maui!

Attachments

• 100_0407.JPG
    100_0407.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 241
Thanks everyone! Janice- are you the hottie in the picture? Girl I am not going anywhere near you in a bathing suit!!!

Yeah, that's me -- I was probably 45 in this pic -- was on one of our trips to Hawaii, Diamondhead is in the background - we go every few years. Just went in October 2010 for our Anniversary. Thx for the compliment!

BECKY -- It's almost here!!!!! YAY!!!!!

I KNOW!!!!! I am soooo excited to go and just relax. Wahooo!!! I hope to get to meet you!

Hope so -- look for 2 girls who are having FUN!

Becky, you are getting excellent advice. And yes, I have experienced this as well.

You ladies all rock!! Enjoy Mauii:sun:...relax and enjoy every second of it!

I completely understand what you are dealing with! I ALMOST gave it all up last month. I am just so tired with everything! I do PC, work full time, am a wife and go to school full time and I am burnt out!!!!! I decided to stay in but am going to soon loose my new directorship which I am bummed about, but I have to say- I was so excited to get it and then as soon as I got it, I was so overwhelmed with all of the numbers that we have to hit, that I made myself SICK stressing over it! So I decided that I will work for fun because as soon as I hit Director, this became a job- and thats not my why for doing it! I do it because its fun and I get to meet wonderful women and teach them fun new recipes! Good luck with everything! I understand where you are coming from!

KCPChef said:
I completely understand what you are dealing with! I ALMOST gave it all up last month. I am just so tired with everything! I do PC, work full time, am a wife and go to school full time and I am burnt out!!!!! I decided to stay in but am going to soon loose my new directorship which I am bummed about, but I have to say- I was so excited to get it and then as soon as I got it, I was so overwhelmed with all of the numbers that we have to hit, that I made myself SICK stressing over it! So I decided that I will work for fun because as soon as I hit Director, this became a job- and thats not my why for doing it! I do it because its fun and I get to meet wonderful women and teach them fun new recipes! Good luck with everything! I understand where you are coming from!

Promoting can cause stress because you expect more from yourself but in the beginning, it can be this way. I think when it becomes fun again, it will all fall into place for you! So glad you did not give it up!

1. How do I find balance between my direct sales business and my family life?

Finding balance between work and family life is a common struggle for many individuals. It is important to prioritize your responsibilities and set boundaries to ensure that both your business and your family receive the necessary attention. Consider creating a schedule that allows for designated work hours and family time. It may also be helpful to delegate tasks or seek support from family members or a professional to help manage your workload.

2. How can I combat burnout in my direct sales business?

Burnout is a common issue in any line of work, and it is important to recognize the signs and take necessary steps to prevent it. Make sure to take breaks and prioritize self-care. Consider setting realistic goals and managing your workload effectively to avoid overwhelming yourself. It may also be helpful to reach out to a mentor or a support group for advice and motivation.

3. Is it normal to feel unmotivated after working hard for an extended period of time?

Yes, it is common to experience a lack of motivation after working hard for a long period of time. This is often a sign of burnout and may indicate that it is time to take a break and recharge. It may also be helpful to set new goals and find new sources of inspiration to reignite your passion for your business.

4. How can I balance my business responsibilities with my children's activities?

It can be challenging to balance work and family responsibilities, especially when your children are involved in extracurricular activities. Communication and planning are key in finding a balance. Make sure to discuss your schedule with your family and prioritize important events. You may also consider adjusting your work schedule or delegating tasks to ensure that you can attend your children's activities.

5. What are some tips for managing income expectations while also prioritizing personal well-being?

It is important to set realistic income expectations and not sacrifice your personal well-being for financial gain. Consider setting financial goals and creating a budget to ensure that you are meeting your financial needs while also prioritizing self-care. It may also be helpful to diversify your income sources and seek support from a financial advisor to manage your finances effectively.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefkathy
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
  • finley1991
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • amyscookinggear